Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana will open 2013 at Arkansas

1. Default Louisiana will open 2013 at Arkansas

UL will get a chance to do next season what fellow Sun Belt Conference-member ULM did last Saturday: beat Arkansa.

Default Re: Louisiana will open 2013 at Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The Cajuns, meanwhile also will play previously reported road games in 2013 at Kansas State (Sept. 7) and at Akron (Sept. 21), meaning they will have only five home games next season.
    i thought we were past the point where we needed to play 7 road games every other yeari just don't get it

Me either.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by that guy View Post
    i thought we were past the point where we needed to play 7 road games every other yeari just don't get it
    As much as RCAF has grown, I believe we're still middle of the pack at best when it comes to athletic funding. Until a student fee is assessed or a raginpagin member wins the mega millions I think we're still in full on fundraising mode. I wish they could make it every three years with 7 away games.

How much could Akron possibly be paying us? The difference in schedule is Akron on the road instead of tulane at home. We will have 2 money games a year pretty much no matter what, at least for the immediate future.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana will open 2013 at Arkansas

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    How much could Akron possibly be paying us? The difference in schedule is Akron on the road instead of tulane at home. We will have 2 money games a year pretty much no matter what, at least for the immediate future.
    I am pretty sure Akron is paying us nothing. I believe that game to be the first of a home and home with the Zips.

That was my point, it can't be the money. Even if they would pay us something it wouldn't cover travel expenses much less top the revenue of a home game. We need to be smarter when scheduling.

The reason we're playing seven is we owe K-State a trip from the game where we beat them at Cajun Field. Arkansas is our only money game. Akron is the first of a home and home.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

we're looking at a 1AA (Nicholls?) Tx St, ULM, Troy, Middle or FAU (5 of the 6 listed).not an attractive home slate at all.in fact its ugly as hell I will be at every one of them, though
    Kansas State, too!!

Z

I may be incorrect, but I believe that we had planned to play Texas St as an out of conference game. Then they went and joined the conference, thus negating that extra home OOC game. I am assuming we replaced them with Akron, which happened to work out that we start on the road with them

Doesnt la tech play at Cajun field in 2013?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    Doesnt la tech play at Cajun field in 2013?
    14, unless they chicken out and cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    As much as RCAF has grown, I believe we're still middle of the pack at best when it comes to athletic funding. Until a student fee is assessed or a raginpagin member wins the mega millions I think we're still in full on fundraising mode. I wish they could make it every three years with 7 away games.
    Um, no. We're still firmly at the bottom of the pack in funding.

I'm not sure how the conference schedule will play out for next year. But unless, we get Troy at home it could be a really horrific home schedule.

Should we give Arkansas one last chance to think about it."do you REALLY want to play Louisiana at home next year?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information