Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (37) vs. Troy (24)

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana (37) vs. Troy (24) FINAL

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    -----Please don't steal my past posts---They say the our scoreboard sure lights up---With Broadway--da da dat dat da da dat dat dat ------Wanted the band to play it when he came in the game---T-Bine can find it!!! Wish the little girl that did my Cajun Roll on hadn't joined the NAVY---T-Bine come see one day!!!
    Sorry boom.came in late to the thread. By the way.does anyone know the rest of the words to this song?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I do think it's encouraging. Our defense is very powerful. just raw. Offensively, when our passing attack syncs up, the run/pass mix is going to kick butt. I expect to see improvement every game. Special teams already rocks. Overall, I'm very impressed. It is a big win. Troy is no slouch.
    Yep, getting two solid wins with so much still too improve on gets me jacked up for what we will see when this D matures and O gets running on all cylinders.

3. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana (37) vs. Troy (24) FINAL

Biggest win for UL at Troy since 1951.

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana (37) vs. Troy (24) FINAL

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I am sooooooooooooo sick of hearing that freaking guy say Louisiana-Lafayette------What happened to our being called what we asked for??? I mean it is insanity ---I know they were doing it to not call us ULL or Lafayette which he did call us but ----ENOUGH!!!!!!
    Even my wife said the commentators were horrible. She said they sounded worse than a high school game.

5. UL Football Re: Louisiana (37) vs. Troy (24) FINAL

The announcers sounded like they did zero preparation for the game. Somebody gave them a a bullet point about a twenty-one game win streak by this coach, and twenty-five overall. ESPN staff told them to talk about that as being a big motivator. Other bullet points was UL quarterbacks needs to run less, UL defensive backs makes big plays. I mean this is typical ESPN dribble that goes on most games. Only a few premier announcers have the knowledge, and verbal skills to go it without a script.

My problem is I have no option, cannot get the radio synced with ESPN3 because my radio is internet, and about twenty seconds behind the picture. Anyone knows how to hold back the ESPN3 video? lol

About the game, and meaningless stats. I never felt the Cajuns were in trouble, not even during the first drive by Troy. The fact that Troy abandoned the run game, just like they did last year in lots of games told me that our chances to retain the lead improved a lot.

Again the most important stat besides the final score is turnovers, not yards, not time of possession.
    speaking of time of possession at the half the Cajuns were down six minutes eighteen minutes and change to eleven minutes and change, and in the second half we closed the game to four minutes thirty-two and change to twenty seven and change. So the second half was a net gain for UL of about two minutes of time of possession.

Default Re: Louisiana (37) vs. Troy (24) FINAL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The announcers sounded like they did zero preparation for the game. Somebody gave them a a bullet point about a twenty-one game win streak by this coach, and twenty-five overall. ESPN staff told them to talk about that as being a big motivator. Other bullet points was UL quarterbacks needs to run less, UL defensive backs makes big plays. I mean this is typical ESPN dribble that goes on most games. Only a few premier announcers have the knowledge, and verbal skills to go it without a script.

Good points. First half TOP was a totally meaningless stat. I mean UL won the toss & defered which gave Troy possession to start. Now troy did have their best drive of the night to open the game, but UL also took the ball away & scored with it on defense which automatically is going to lessen a team's possession time with the ball.
    My problem is I have no option, cannot get the radio synced with ESPN3 because my radio is internet, and about twenty seconds behind the picture. Anyone knows how to hold back the ESPN3 video? lol

About the game, and meaningless stats. I never felt the Cajuns were in trouble, not even during the first drive by Troy. The fact that Troy abandoned the run game, just like they did last year in lots of games told me that our chances to retain the lead improved a lot.

Again the most important stat besides the final score is turnovers, not yards, not time of possession.
    speaking of time of possession at the half the Cajuns were down six minutes eighteen minutes and change to eleven minutes and change, and in the second half we closed the game to four minutes thirty-two and change to twenty seven and change. So the second half was a net gain for UL of about two minutes of time of possession.
    Good points. TOP in the first half was a totally useless stat. UL won the toss & defered which gave Troy their first possession. Then UL scored on defense & that automatically gave Troy more possession time.

7. Default Re: Louisiana (37) vs. Troy (24) FINAL

. . . I never felt the Cajuns were in trouble, not even during the first drive by Troy. The fact that Troy abandoned the run game, just like they did last year in lots of games told me that our chances to retain the lead improved a lot.

I agree.

Troy's first drive was well scripted, well thought out and well executed.

I was amazed at how fast coach Stewart adjusted and did what needed to be done.

I am continually amazed with Baer and the entire ST crew.

Special teams pretty much dictated what the time of possesion would be, AND that Troy would win the yardage battle. Long field for Troy short field for UL.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Good points. TOP in the first half was a totally useless stat. UL won the toss & defered which gave Troy their first possession. Then UL scored on defense & that automatically gave Troy more possession time.
    That's why I rarely pay much attention to stats. They say something, but if you didn't observe the game, especially in football, stats can be very misleading. Collectively, they may tell the story. but I bet many times people could be shown stats without the final score and get the winner wrong. I could not tolerate the ESPN announcers from the start. Even with 1420's audio running a play behind. and how annoying that is. I much preferred listening to Jay and Gerald while watching the video stream.

9. Default Re: Louisiana (37) vs. Troy (24) FINAL

Just caught the tail end of G's call after G-chays TD about the safties coming up inside---I just need to listen more but the sequence time delay situation can drive anybody nuts!!!

Turb the equipment was back ordered to the 24th. In the meantime we gotta use what we got.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Turb the equipment was back ordered to the 24th. In the meantime we gotta use what we got.
    Great to hear you are on top of it.

Now that I know it won't even sound bad.

The sad thing is that Hud had just completed a game prep conference call with ESPN before going to QB club on Thursday. Hud was excited and stated that he felt we were getting an ESPN quality crew and broadcast. I felt it was just the opposite. IMO, the color analyst was the biggest Troy homer ever. He kept making satements claiming UL's D was tired and other stuff like that. He said hat kind of stupid stuff so often I got the feeling he hoped if he said it enough it would come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    The sad thing is that Hud had just completed a game prep conference call with ESPN before going to QB club on Thursday. Hud was excited and stated that he felt we were getting an ESPN quality crew and broadcast. I felt it was just the opposite. IMO, the color analyst was the biggest Troy homer ever. He kept making satements claiming UL's D was tired and other stuff like that. He said hat kind of stupid stuff so often I got the feeling he hoped if he said it enough it would come true.
    I totally agree. By 3rd quarter.I had enough of that dude. He was expecting Troy to win, that was clearly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That's why I rarely pay much attention to stats. They say something, but if you didn't observe the game, especially in football, stats can be very misleading. Collectively, they may tell the story. but I bet many times people could be shown stats without the final score and get the winner wrong. I could not tolerate the ESPN announcers from the start. Even with 1420's audio running a play behind. and how annoying that is. I much preferred listening to Jay and Gerald while watching the video stream.
    Those ESPN announcers were pathetic, it was butal listening to those 2.

One of them sounded like Fat Albert, "hey,hey,hey". They were pathetic, I think there was a couple of University of Lafayette's the first few minutes of the game by Fat Albert also.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information