View Poll Results: What changes would you like Bustle and Staff to make?

Voters
104. This poll is closed
  • Change Quarter Backs

50 48.08%
  • O-line coaching/blocking schemes

20 19.23%
  • D-line coaching/blocking schemes

12 11.54%
  • Secondary scheme(zone/man)coaching

33 31.73%
  • Special Teams focus/schemes

21 20.19%
  • Offensive Coordinators play selection(too predictable)

69 66.35%
  • Stickem supplier(fumbles)

20 19.23%
  • Tackle Drills

36 34.62%
  • Use Fullback more(at all)Made some big blocks /runs in H-town

29 27.88%
  • Use Tight end more(at all)made the big catch in H-town

41 39.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Bustle to Consider

UL Football Changes for Bustle to Consider

Poll for all the arm chair quarterbacks and maybe our coaching staff to make!!!!!!

DaddyCajun

Default Re: Changes for Bustle to make(Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Poll for all the arm chair quarterbacks and maybe our coaching staff to make!!!!!!

DaddyCajun

I don't think there is a QB on this team that can run the current offense effective enough if we are going to throw it this much.

It's hard for me to understand how ineffective our offense is at this point with a RB the caliber of Fenroy.

Looking towards the future, we may have to scrap the zone option and go to more of a pro set.

That would bring in a whole lot more options to utilize Fenroy's talents better.

It would also re-introduce the TE and the FB to the offense. We have good players there that are not seeing much action.

And it would allow Desmo to move to the WR position. One of the most explosive players on the team needs to be on the field for almost every snap on offense.

However, that would also mean we would have to go get a JUCO QB who can run a pro set.

I just believe the SBC has figured us out. They know our weaknesses. We need to change the dynamic.

On the defensive side, we are at our best when we are attacking. In order to do that properly, we need more talented LB's especially. Burkhalter is good. Not much else there.

Going to a more of an attacking style would free up Morgan at FS even more than now to make plays. It would also free up the DL. As of now, they just take up space.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    I don't think there is a QB on this team that can run the current offense effective enough if we are going to throw it this much.
    We have a QB on the roster who can run a pro set.Hundley!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    We have a QB on the roster who can run a pro set.Hundley!!!
    Yep.

He is better suited for that style of offense. However, I am not willing to throw 1 year away with Fenroy while Hundley gets his feet wet.

There are several JUCO pro-style QB's out there we can plug in while Hundley is tutored.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Changes for Bustle to make

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun

DaddyCajun
    Thanks for this poll, something that needs to be discussed. I can't believe we have taken a dive like this.

You know watching the Cajuns take Offensive and Defensive calls from the side line reminds me of PEE WEE Football, it goes like this, " Run Johnny Run, see the guy with the ball, someone go get him" , They look so regemented and so stiff, Let them make the mistakes, so, with all the poor offensive and defensive plays calls from the sidelines, who is to blame, the players or coaches. It is certainly the coaches job to get these guys prepared and play hard. It is there job to select the best chemistry for the team, it is there job to decide who is playing his best and not. When someone is not playing good , yank him and give someone else a chance to prove himself. The cajuns are predictable, we make the calls in the stands, everyone around me says, Watch Fenroy run this way and that way, NO imagination. I certainly hope the coaching staff doesn't expect a pay raise in the next 5 years. Cause we need to have 7 or 8 wins in the next 5 years before they are decent. IF SOMEONE HAS AN ANSWER TO WHAT HAS JUST HAPPPENED THESE LAST 3 GAMES, PLEASE TELL ME BECAUSE I AM TOTALLY GLUELESS ON THIS ONE, PLAYERS OR COACHES?

GEAUX CAJUNS

Default Re: Changes for Bustle to make

You forgot to add three things to your poll.
    One is Everything needs to change.
    Two is Head Coach needs to get the boot.
    Three is OC and DC need the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunpepper
    You forgot to add three things to your poll.
    One is Everything needs to change.
    Two is Head Coach needs to get the boot.
    Three is OC and DC need the boot.
    You hit the nail on the head brother. All 3 must happen.

But wait they gave Bustle a contract extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Mineshaft
    You hit the nail on the head brother. All 3 must happen.

But wait they gave Bustle a contract extension.
    don't be sarcastic--he's on pace with Beamer, didn't you know?

Quote Originally Posted by sonsissymia
    don't be sarcastic--he's on pace with Beamer, didn't you know?
    yes how could i forget hes on pace with Beamer

P.S. Give him another extension before someone else grabs him up.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    It's hard for me to understand how ineffective our offense is at this point with a RB the caliber of Fenroy.

Looking towards the future, we may have to scrap the zone option and go to more of a pro set.

That would bring in a whole lot more options to utilize Fenroy's talents better.
    I agree once again about Fenroy. 15 carries, 60 yds. 4 per carry. Hmmmmm

3 X 4 =12, hmmmmmmmm need only 10 for a first down, hmmmmmmm???????

He should be carrying the ball until he's worn out. What a waste of talent.

The offense is not effective and is very predictable. When we line up in formation and then look to the side lines for the play call it drives me crazy. What's wrong with a huddle? Why not huddle up to make the play call and make sure everyone is on the same page? We run the play clock down to 5 or less seconds every play anyway, so how would a huddle change our offense.

Half of the time we look lost on offense. I am no football genuis and I was calling our plays accurately from the stands. I was watching the North Texas cornerbacks and just about everytime that we ran the ball, the cornerbacks would crash to the line of scrimmage before the ball was even snapped and leave the receivers completely uncovered. The teams we are playing may have found out what our signals for play calling are.

Saturday was very frustrating. It seems like we have given up on the season. Things have not been right since we lost to Middle Tenn. I put it on the PLAYERS AND THE COACHES.

You forgot to add this choice.

Stop Passing the Ball.

I think this is the most rediculous thread I've seen from UL fans in quite some time! I also thought we were better than some of those other fans we like to jump on at times!

I'll agree with everyone that the past 3 games have not been very fun to watch and I am just as disappointed as everyone else. I firmly believed that this team was headed to the New Orleans Bowl after the big win at Houston. However, some of us had apparently put the cart ahead of the horse!!! It is obvious that this Cajun team, and its coaches, still have some work to do. However, we cannot overlook all the progress (yes, I said progress) that has been made since Bustle and this staff has been here. If we fans are this ______ed about the current situation, I can only imagine how upset the coaches and players are. Most of us simply show up on Saturday, do some partying in the parking lot before and after the game and then go home and go to sleep. Those guys in the uniforms and down on the field, put blood, sweat and tears into this program each and every day in an attempt to win and PLEASE US!

Most of us don't want to admit it, but this program still needs additional pieces to the puzzle before it will win on a consistant basis. However, let's not throw out the baby with the bath water in an attempt to fix things!!!!! Most good football programs have one thing in common and that is stability!!!! We need to keep some stability in this program if we expect to develop our program for the long term!!!

If we get rid of Bustle now (after the progress he has made) like some of you suggest, we might as well just re-hire Jerry Baldwin, because that is the kind of program that we will all deserve!!!!

COME ON CAJUN FANS, WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1
    We need to keep some stability in this program if we expect to develop our program for the long term!!!
    I think this one statement from your post says it all. In my opinion, the frustration felt by many after these last three losses is based on the idea that we thought we had achieved some semblance of that stability. I think one conference loss most fans could handle. Two losses, maybe. But with this third loss, I think many are questioning whether we have developed as much as we thought we had. Too, it seemed to happen so quickly. After the Houston win, it was apparent that something was very, very wrong. I had a really bad feeling watching them play FAU the way they did. I chalked it up to a bad game, but now here we are, where I most feared we would be after watching, what I consider, the debacle at FAU. I, for one, am mystified by the apparent downward spiral.

I admit it. My expectations were high because I thought the team had the stuff to meet them. I still do. It's very, very, very frustrating for me, as a fan, to watch them self-implode. I will say that if I, who has no real vested interest in the program (I don't have a family memebr on the team, my job's not on the line, etc.) feel this badly, I can't imagine how the coaches and staff feel right now. I think Cajun fans are trying to find the intangible that seems to be causing the "crash and burn" of this year's team. I can't blame them. But I really haven't heard anyone call for Bustle's head. Now other coaches.yeah, I have heard that.

My biggest frustration is the running game. Fenroy is SO FREAKING GOOD! Man, I so want him to have another 1,000 yard season, and at this point, it's not looking too good. I don't know enough about the X's and O's to diagnose what is happening, but I know I am uber-frustrated with it.

To end my thesis ( ), I don't see anything wrong with trying to diagnose the problems. It's a way to keep your head about you, rather than just throwing up your hands in frustration and chucking the season tickets in the trash. That said, I do not agree with calling for the job of our head coach at this point. No way.

The light at the end of the tunnel was a train. After Houston, and impressive wins over NC A&T and EMU, I bought into the 9-2 record. If you remember it was said that not many teams had won 9 of 11 in the country. I could have taken the Troy Loss even the Middle loss considering they are that good this year.

I really thought our guys would leave no doubt Saturday. All I am willing to do at this point is be by the radio on Saturday, be thankful that it's not on TV so I can step back a bit from this team. I will be there on the 25th of November and the 2nd of December.

I choose to be a Cajun Fan, through thick and thin.

Geaux UL

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information