View Poll Results: What changes would you like Bustle and Staff to make?

Voters
104. This poll is closed
  • Change Quarter Backs

50 48.08%
  • O-line coaching/blocking schemes

20 19.23%
  • D-line coaching/blocking schemes

12 11.54%
  • Secondary scheme(zone/man)coaching

33 31.73%
  • Special Teams focus/schemes

21 20.19%
  • Offensive Coordinators play selection(too predictable)

69 66.35%
  • Stickem supplier(fumbles)

20 19.23%
  • Tackle Drills

36 34.62%
  • Use Fullback more(at all)Made some big blocks /runs in H-town

29 27.88%
  • Use Tight end more(at all)made the big catch in H-town

41 39.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Bustle to Consider

Default Re: Changes for Bustle to Consider

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy
    ArmChair quaterbacks should be banned
    LOL!! I was watching OS & Michigan and on one play "coach" Brent Mussberger told one of the players on the field how to tackle.

Default Re: Changes for Bustle to make

First everything does not need to change, yes this year's team hasn't lived up to all of the hype and expectations that were made preseason, but they still have a chance for a winning season. Second of all, before Coach Bustle came to UL the Cajuns hadn't had a winning season since 1995 and we are just coming into an era in which all the players have been recruited by him or the current staff. I do agree that changes needed to be made and also adjustments, but to just get rid of one of the best things that has happened to Cajun football in a decade is plain craziness. It is something that LSU would do, lose a game and get the boot. I would like to think that we are better than that and can objectively look at the situation and see all of the things that have changed for the good. The attendance / ticket sales have been higher, the cajun spirit in the community and school have increased, and players are not only getting degrees and graduating, but also getting drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunpepper
    You forgot to add three things to your poll.
    One is Everything needs to change.
    Two is Head Coach needs to get the boot.
    Three is OC and DC need the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Girl
    First everything does not need to change, yes this year's team hasn't lived up to all of the hype and expectations that were made preseason, but they still have a chance for a winning season. Second of all, before Coach Bustle came to UL the Cajuns hadn't had a winning season since 1995 and we are just coming into an era in which all the players have been recruited by him or the current staff. I do agree that changes needed to be made and also adjustments, but to just get rid of one of the best things that has happened to Cajun football in a decade is plain craziness. It is something that LSU would do, lose a game and get the boot. I would like to think that we are better than that and can objectively look at the situation and see all of the things that have changed for the good. The attendance / ticket sales have been higher, the cajun spirit in the community and school have increased, and players are not only getting degrees and graduating, but also getting drafted.
    Bustle has had enough time to produce. I think he has done a great job getting talent here. He (or coaching staff but ultimately it rests on his shoulders) has done a poor job this year getting the most out of team. I'm not for getting rid of him this year. I would give him next year to right the ship but he doesn't produce on the field then it is time to give him the boot. We tend to hold on to coaches way to long. I thought for a while that Stokley had a lifetime job. Stokley had done great things for the program but on the tail end of his carrer here were just awful. No I say give Bustle next year, light a fire under him to make changes and if we produce then great.

One thing I was thinking about today is if the coaching staff had got this team ready for having a target on their back? As the preseason favorite everyone was guning for them.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    Bustle has had enough time to produce. I think he has done a great job getting talent here. He (or coaching staff but ultimately it rests on his shoulders) has done a poor job this year getting the most out of team. I'm not for getting rid of him this year. I would give him next year to right the ship but he doesn't produce on the field then it is time to give him the boot. We tend to hold on to coaches way to long. I thought for a while that Stokley had a lifetime job. Stokley had done great things for the program but on the tail end of his carrer here were just awful. No I say give Bustle next year, light a fire under him to make changes and if we produce then great.

One thing I was thinking about today is if the coaching staff had got this team ready for having a target on their back? As the preseason favorite everyone was guning for them.
    I disagree that the talent is as high a level as you seem to think. I believe we may have overrated the talen brought in by this staff. Regardless, of
    what happens next year, Coach Bustle will remain the head guy here. He has four years remaining on his contract and will have three after next year. It will cost over 600 grand to buy him out at that time. Do you have any idea how to raise this money and how to improve the offer for the next coach. We won't get someone any better than Bustle for what we pay. Discussing changing coaches at this stage is absolutely pointless. If you respond to this post, please answer my question as to how we will get the buyout dollars. If this area is not discussed in a response, there is no need to continue the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    I disagree that the talent is as high a level as you seem to think. I believe we may have overrated the talen brought in by this staff. Regardless, of
    what happens next year, Coach Bustle will remain the head guy here. He has four years remaining on his contract and will have three after next year. It will cost over 600 grand to buy him out at that time. Do you have any idea how to raise this money and how to improve the offer for the next coach. We won't get someone any better than Bustle for what we pay. Discussing changing coaches at this stage is absolutely pointless. If you respond to this post, please answer my question as to how we will get the buyout dollars. If this area is not discussed in a response, there is no need to continue the discussion.
    Why in the heck did we give him another four years! I see no way of buying him
    out. It might be pointless to discuss a head coaching change but what about the offensive coordinator? As far as talent, we must have had it to be picked by almost everyone to win the conference. Where do you see we lack it as compared to MT or Troy?

out. It might be pointless to discuss a head coaching change but what about the offensive coordinator? As far as talent, we must have had it to be picked by almost everyone to win the conference. Where do you see we lack it as compared to MT or Troy?
    I tend to agree that we out-talent some teams in some areas, but the loss of Hodges and the injury to Will Chance put us WAY behind the 8ball. We have a true freshman starting, and our top backups are a freshman and a JC transfer. aside from that, our WR corps did NOT progress like we needed it to in order to be a significant player. Sampy was another player we didnt give enough credit to, for his hands AND his blocking. I vividly remember our WR's doing very good blocking last year in which I haven't seen this year.

There are our weaknesses, and if you look at who we've lost to in conference, they've all been able to exploit those weaknesses.

Tuffguy

UL Football Re: Changes for Bustle to Consider

If the offense plays out the year with the drive and execution that they had at FIU in the second half, we should win out the season.

Happy Thanksgiving
    DaddyCajun

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    If the offense plays out the year with the drive and execution that they had at FIU in the second half, we should win out the season.

Happy Thanksgiving
    DaddyCajun
    10-4. nuff said. in keeping with the topic. the only change I suggest to Coach Bustle is to ask critical fans to pony up some more money and show up at the games. If they can't do that, then offer to come to practice and be hitting dummies. The players enjoy hitting live dummies, so they say.

Happy Thanksgiving
    Geaux Cajuns!!!

9. Default Re: Changes for Bustle to Consider

I think the coach's need to trust players to do there job and not mirco mange
    like Bustel said on his show a couple of weeks ago.

What looks like an option is a staight hand off with no option if they cannot trust the qb or any other player to make an on the field decision then they are not prepared in practice. or the wrong players on the field

Support Re: Changes for Bustle to make

1-A Assistant coaches in general make more in salary than the head coach does here. As long as the salaries remain the same you won't get the dream coach. If a coach becomes a dream coach, that person won't be here for long. UL is either a training ground to gain experience or a second chance for someone who got fired at a higher profile job.

If you want to help the university afford better coaches, buy season tickets. The athletic budget is based on the guaranteed income season ticket sales provide. Your wait and see attitude with regards to support is futile. The average 1-A budget is $17+ million and UL's is $7+ million. The "miracle worker" coaches who turn a program around quicker have more money to play with.

We don't have the DB's MT does, our QB is not as talented as the one at Troy, (he was a JC All American), and our OL is average in the league. Of our six regulars three are walkons. That tells me the ones we brought in on scholarship are not as good as we thought. Our LB's have been OK against the run in most games, but they lack foot speed. Our two starting DB's are OK speed wise, but we are thin there. They are also short and have trouble with tall receivers. We also don't have enough depth there due to injuries to two guys we are redshirting as a result of injury. Being picked first was something that worried me from when it was first announced. Finally, our backup QB is a good runner but struggles throwing. People who clamor for him to play more have not been to practice. Those who have note he has difficulty hitting receivers even in skeleton drills.

Will we change our OC, I don't know but I doubt it. Coach has said he will reevaluate everything when the season ends. I think that means scheme, practice schedule etc. more than staff changes. I think Coach Bustle had a stipulation in his original contract that he would get an extension with a conference championship. So as you see from all of this, talking about changing the staff is pointless. We need more talent. More talent will come about from a larger recruiting budget and better facilities. We are making strides in that regard. For you guys who live out of town, it is difficult to help as it is not practical to help with the work days and most of you don't have the funds to donate to the recruiting budget. However, we are in a situation where even fifty bucks can help. I understand the frustration which comes through from your posts occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    We don't have the DB's MT does, our QB is not as talented as the one at Troy, (he was a JC All American), and our OL is average in the league. Of our six regulars three are walkons. That tells me the ones we brought in on scholarship are not as good as we thought. Our LB's have been OK against the run in most games, but they lack foot speed. Our two starting DB's are OK speed wise, but we are thin there. They are also short and have trouble with tall receivers. We also don't have enough depth there due to injuries to two guys we are redshirting as a result of injury. Being picked first was something that worried me from when it was first announced. Finally, our backup QB is a good runner but struggles throwing. People who clamor for him to play more have not been to practice. Those who have note he has difficulty hitting receivers even in skeleton drills.

Will we change our OC, I don't know but I doubt it. Coach has said he will reevaluate everything when the season ends. I think that means scheme, practice schedule etc. more than staff changes. I think Coach Bustle had a stipulation in his original contract that he would get an extension with a conference championship. So as you see from all of this, talking about changing the staff is pointless. We need more talent. More talent will come about from a larger recruiting budget and better facilities. We are making strides in that regard. For you guys who live out of town, it is difficult to help as it is not practical to help with the work days and most of you don't have the funds to donate to the recruiting budget. However, we are in a situation where even fifty bucks can help. I understand the frustration which comes through from your posts occasionally.
    <>

I've maintaned the very same thing is true of our starting QB as well. Falsely relying on that arm cost us the MT game, and possibly the championship.

Where do we go from here?

How this staff resolves the QB/offense issue for next season will decide if they are ultimately successful here or not.

If Desmo is as bad throwing the ball as you say, how will we possibly run this offense?

If we don't committ fully to the option with Desmo, we had better go get a JUCO QB to run a pro-set. Don't you think?

Otherwise, next season will be VERY bad.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    <>

I've maintaned the very same thing is true of our starting QB as well. Falsely relying on that arm cost us the MT game, and possibly the championship.

How this staff resolves the QB/offense issue for next season will decide if they are ultimately successful here or not.

If Desmo is as bad throwing the ball as you say, how will we possibly run this offense?

If we don't committ fully to the option with Desmo, we had better go get a JUCO QB to run a pro-set. Don't you think?

I think the offense will be changed to suit Desormeaux's talents. I don't think that means we will never throw the ball. We will put in some routes that he feels comfortable with. His problem this year may be that he is practicing at so many positions that he can't get comfortable at QB. If he works exclusively there, he will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    <>

next year we are going to run a 2 qb set with hundley and desmo. Des will continue to play all over the field. Hundley was the number 1 rated pro style qb coming out of high school. We will be fine next year. I'll tell you how we win a conference championship, #32 Fenroy! we have never lost a game where he touches the ball at least 20 times. i don't understand what is so hard for people to understand. Look no further our savior is here sitting in the damn backfield

this kind of question is one of the reason people stay away from games because it gives the impression that the team is losing!!!
    WHY ASK THIS KIND OF CRAP?
    we have a good coaching staff who has worked thru not having any players to compete to one game away from another winning season after more than a decade of losing, i just don't get it, it's like you people been watching a winner and all of a sudden start losing get real people this staff has done and continue to do a great job, so what we drop a couple of games every team at some point go thru this.all this is, is the old lsu mentality crap the hell with this, it's a shame you people cannot understand this or maybe you just dont want to i say stick it up your "you know what" and i don't care if you post this or not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information