View Poll Results: What changes would you like Bustle and Staff to make?

Voters
104. This poll is closed
  • Change Quarter Backs

50 48.08%
  • O-line coaching/blocking schemes

20 19.23%
  • D-line coaching/blocking schemes

12 11.54%
  • Secondary scheme(zone/man)coaching

33 31.73%
  • Special Teams focus/schemes

21 20.19%
  • Offensive Coordinators play selection(too predictable)

69 66.35%
  • Stickem supplier(fumbles)

20 19.23%
  • Tackle Drills

36 34.62%
  • Use Fullback more(at all)Made some big blocks /runs in H-town

29 27.88%
  • Use Tight end more(at all)made the big catch in H-town

41 39.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Bustle to Consider

UL Football Re: Changes for Bustle to make

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1
    I think this is the most rediculous thread I've seen from UL fans in quite some time! I also thought we were better than some of those other fans we like to jump on at times!

I'll agree with everyone that the past 3 games have not been very fun to watch and I am just as disappointed as everyone else. I firmly believed that this team was headed to the New Orleans Bowl after the big win at Houston. However, some of us had apparently put the cart ahead of the horse!!! It is obvious that this Cajun team, and its coaches, still have some work to do. However, we cannot overlook all the progress (yes, I said progress) that has been made since Bustle and this staff has been here. If we fans are this peeed about the current situation, I can only imagine how upset the coaches and players are. Most of us simply show up on Saturday, do some partying in the parking lot before and after the game and then go home and go to sleep. Those guys in the uniforms and down on the field, put blood, sweat and tears into this program each and every day in an attempt to win and PLEASE US!

Most of us don't want to admit it, but this program still needs additional pieces to the puzzle before it will win on a consistant basis. However, let's not throw out the baby with the bath water in an attempt to fix things!!!!! Most good football programs have one thing in common and that is stability!!!! We need to keep some stability in this program if we expect to develop our program for the long term!!!

If we get rid of Bustle now (after the progress he has made) like some of you suggest, we might as well just re-hire Jerry Baldwin, because that is the kind of program that we will all deserve!!!!

COME ON CAJUN FANS, WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I certainly love your support, but this poll IS NOT to down anyone, IT IS to have some Critical thinking take place, via the Fans and/or Coaching Staff!!

I am sure the players, and coaches are fustrated, disappointed and pulling out their hair, but some of the fans that are TRUE FANS are also.

This poll is to HELP look in areas that changes(tweaks) might be done, because going the direction of the past 4 games is NOT where any of us want to head.

If JOE FAN makes a constructive post that gives a player/coach a different perspective then the post has been worth it. If it ALLOWS the FANS to feel more appart of the BUILDING of the PROGRAM(which IS headed in the RIGHT direction) then it has reached its goal!!!

In any business if a goal is NOT being met after a predetermined amount of time then we must go out the box to rethink our efforts. That is what this post is all about, and I KNOW I AM A HUGE CAJUN FAN, ASK ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME, I WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING TO HURT THE LOUISIANA PROGRAM!!

Stay positive, Stay focused, Stay Cajun,
    DaddyCajun

Default Re: Changes for Bustle to make(Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    I don't think there is a QB on this team that can run the current offense effective enough if we are going to throw it this much.

It's hard for me to understand how ineffective our offense is at this point with a RB the caliber of Fenroy.

Looking towards the future, we may have to scrap the zone option and go to more of a pro set.

That would bring in a whole lot more options to utilize Fenroy's talents better.

It would also re-introduce the TE and the FB to the offense. We have good players there that are not seeing much action.

And it would allow Desmo to move to the WR position. One of the most explosive players on the team needs to be on the field for almost every snap on offense.

However, that would also mean we would have to go get a JUCO QB who can run a pro set.

I just believe the SBC has figured us out. They know our weaknesses. We need to change the dynamic.

On the defensive side, we are at our best when we are attacking. In order to do that properly, we need more talented LB's especially. Burkhalter is good. Not much else there.

Going to a more of an attacking style would free up Morgan at FS even more than now to make plays. It would also free up the DL. As of now, they just take up space.
    actually i think we have this a kid by the name of john hundley who was the number one pro rated qb out of high school. If we go to a pro set we have the guy we need and i think that is what will happen.

Default Re: Changes for Bustle to make

We need a bigger offensive play book. I liked last years play calling. We had a really exciting team.

There is no way you can pssibly tell me we can't find 3 damn receivers somewhere in Louisiana that can make big plays.

They need to find some deep receivers for next years team. We got the bus already aka Fenroy.

I don't get it either. Why is Fenroy getting 15 - 20 carries a game with 4 - 5 ypc average. Run run run until the defense can stop them anymore. Quick slant passes. Nothing fancy. I mean. nothing much fancy going on right now anyway.

Stop passing on 1st and 10 unless you are having a good drive. Then do it to open up the defense as you move down field.

We can't fire Bustle. he may not be the right coach for this program, but we can't afford to start over again. Bustle needs to change his coaching style to fit Louisiana's needs.

I would look for a new OC in the offseason.

UL Football Re: Changes for Bustle to make

If you liked the play calling last season and we have the same OC this year it is just HIS play calling that is different. He needs to open it back up and use the recievers as well as the triple option using Fenroy, Wallace, FB, and TE.

Play book needs to be wide open and using all the tools on the team.

DaddyCajun

ps Keep the faith, the PROGRAM is headed in the right direction!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Changes for Bustle to make(Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    actually i think we have this a kid by the name of john hundley who was the number one pro rated qb out of high school. If we go to a pro set we have the guy we need and i think that is what will happen.
    I believe Hundley was listed as the #28 pro style high school prospect by Rivals. if I remember correctly.

I think we need to control the line of scrimmage better. among other things. I think that makes a whole world of difference on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    If you liked the play calling last season and we have the same OC this year it is just HIS play calling that is different. He needs to open it back up and use the recievers as well as the triple option using Fenroy, Wallace, FB, and TE.

Play book needs to be wide open and using all the tools on the team.

DaddyCajun

Bustle needs to take a "Bobby Knight" approach. When a player screws up or seems like his head isn't in the game, grab that facemask when he comes off the field, pull his face right into Bustle's and tell him his A _ _ is on the bench for the next couple of series until he can figure out what's expected of him and do it.

Ricky doesn't even have a head phone on half the time. How the heck is he doing anything to help make adjustments???

ps Keep the faith, the PROGRAM is headed in the right direction!!

I certainly love your support, but this poll IS NOT to down anyone, IT IS to have some Critical thinking take place, via the Fans and/or Coaching Staff!!

I am sure the players, and coaches are fustrated, disappointed and pulling out their hair, but some of the fans that are TRUE FANS are also.

This poll is to HELP look in areas that changes(tweaks) might be done, because going the direction of the past 4 games is NOT where any of us want to head.

If JOE FAN makes a constructive post that gives a player/coach a different perspective then the post has been worth it. If it ALLOWS the FANS to feel more appart of the BUILDING of the PROGRAM(which IS headed in the RIGHT direction) then it has reached its goal!!!

In any business if a goal is NOT being met after a predetermined amount of time then we must go out the box to rethink our efforts. That is what this post is all about, and I KNOW I AM A HUGE CAJUN FAN, ASK ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME, I WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING TO HURT THE LOUISIANA PROGRAM!!

Stay positive, Stay focused, Stay Cajun,
    DaddyCajun

Louisiana Re: Changes for Bustle to Consider

Poll for all the arm chair quarterbacks and maybe our coaching staff to make!!!!!!

DaddyCajun
    ArmChair quaterbacks should be banned

Default Re: Changes for Bustle to Consider

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy
    ArmChair quaterbacks should be banned
    So what are you saying? Everything is great? No changes should be made? Are you happy with the teams performance? Things are broke. Something needs to be fixed. Why not listen to possible solutions for everyone? Is that not what a message board is all about? Daddy Cajun keep posting and asking the hard questions.

UL Football Re: Changes for Bustle to make(Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    I believe Hundley was listed as the #28 pro style high school prospect by Rivals. if I remember correctly.

I think we need to control the line of scrimmage better. among other things. I think that makes a whole world of difference on both sides of the ball.
    With Babb leaving after this year and the season about having a winning season or not now, I hope Des gets more playing time to develop, because throwing Hundley out there on his own will be tough on him as well as the team and fans!!

DaddyCajun

ps Best of luck the rest of the season Cajuns!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    So what are you saying? Everything is great? No changes should be made? Are you happy with the teams performance? Things are broke. Something needs to be fixed. Why not listen to possible solutions for everyone? Is that not what a message board is all about?
    I think this message board is great for venting our frustrations as fans and playing out the little fantasy in our heads that if only we were in charge this wouldn't be happening. The reality, I think, is it doesn't matter what we suggest on this board. I don't see Coach Bustle or anyone else sitting down, reading these posts, and saying, "Why didn't I think of that?" While it's all well and good for us to postulate on what we would do to "fix" the problems, I don't have an issue with someone calling me out as an "armchair quarterback" because I'm honest enough with myself to say that's exactly what I am.

And if Coach Bustle actually was sitting behind his desk and writing down all our wisdom to try out in the game this weekend, then I would probably sign a petition to have him fired 'cause that would just be pathetic. I mean, an experienced coach stooping to reading posts from people, the majority of whom have probably never coached anything a moment in their lives let alone college football, for ideas? That's a scary idea, to me at least.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate
    I think this message board is great for venting our frustrations as fans and playing out the little fantasy in our heads that if only we were in charge this wouldn't be happening. The reality, I think, is it doesn't matter what we suggest on this board. I don't see Coach Bustle or anyone else sitting down, reading these posts, and saying, "Why didn't I think of that?" While it's all well and good for us to postulate on what we would do to "fix" the problems, I don't have an issue with someone calling me out as an "armchair quarterback" because I'm honest enough with myself to say that's exactly what I am.

And if Coach Bustle actually was sitting behind his desk and writing down all our wisdom to try out in the game this weekend, then I would probably sign a petition to have him fired 'cause that would just be pathetic. I mean, an experienced coach stooping to reading posts from people, the majority of whom have probably never coached anything a moment in their lives let alone college football, for ideas? That's a scary idea, to me at least.
    Your posts are way too meaningful (that was intended as a compliment). You probably confuse many of those who are simply looking for a fight. This thread bantering, I hope, is therapeutical for many. Sometimes I wonder. I do get a kick out of the thread "drive-by" slams. I "listen" to everyone on here who I believe has the Ragin Cajuns at heart, regardless of how diverse, outrageous, and ridiculous they may be. I view all others as troubled souls.

Now, back to armchair quarterbacking. I think we should use a quick inflate fake ball instead of the fake handoff, blinding devices such as flashpods, eye irritant sprays, and simple handfulls of sand to the eyes. We should use very large fans (disguised as power windmills) and aim them to redirect the opposition team's passes and kicks. When a particular opponent player is having a career day against us, we should announce that his girlfriend just kissed his brother, insisting he return home immediately. We should train a player to be a quick change artist, changing from referee to player at the instant we need him (either way). I have many, many more suggestions. But, I do not want Bustle to feel like I am trying to do his job, so I better quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Your posts are way too meaningful (that was intended as a compliment). You probably confuse many of those who are simply looking for a fight. This thread bantering, I hope, is therapeutical for many. Sometimes I wonder. I do get a kick out of the thread "drive-by" slams. I "listen" to everyone on here who I believe has the Ragin Cajuns at heart, regardless of how diverse, outrageous, and ridiculous they may be. I view all others as troubled souls.

Now, back to armchair quarterbacking. I think we should use a quick inflate fake ball instead of the fake handoff, blinding devices such as flashpods, eye irritant sprays, and simple handfulls of sand to the eyes. We should use very large fans (disguised as power windmills) and aim them to redirect the opposition team's passes and kicks. When a particular opponent player is having a career day against us, we should announce that his girlfriend just kissed his brother, insisting he return home immediately. We should train a player to be a quick change artist, changing from referee to player at the instant we need him (either way). I have many, many more suggestions. But, I do not want Bustle to feel like I am trying to do his job, so I better quit.
    I honestly don't know how to respond. Quite frankly, I'm not sure if I've just been kissed or dissed! I think I'll spend this week pondering it and then compose a 300-400 word therapeutical post. Wait for it. It'll be Pulitzer material, my fellow Cajun fan.

So you don't think Bustle is lurking here picking up ideas?
    You may not believe this but some people actually do think they are making an impact on the program by posting to boards. I'm not one of them.

I honestly don't know how to respond. Quite frankly, I'm not sure if I've just been kissed or dissed! I think I'll spend this week pondering it and then compose a 300-400 word therapeutical post. Wait for it. It'll be Pulitzer material, my fellow Cajun fan.
    Kissed, CajunKate, kissed. No response necessary, unless you truly want that Pulitzer. Your posts are insightful, intelligent, and you know your Cajun sports. I was complimenting you. The rest of my ramblings were just ramblings. I love to give coaching advice, criticism, etc., but. if Bustle and his staff consider one thing posted on any fan forums about how to coach, that will be the day that I give up on them. But, I do expect everyone on here to keep up the ranting and raving. It is priceless entertainment, and I hope it means they care about the Cajuns.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information