Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CBS Sports Bowl Projections.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    If we didn't get a BCS Bowl [which I do not think we would], we would go to New Orleans. We can make more money there than anywhere except a BCS bowl.
    If we go undefeated we will be in bcs bowl
    that means we beat two solid ooc teams, and that will put as in probably the sugar bowl

Default Re: CBS Sports Bowl Projections.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    that means we beat two solid ooc teams, and that will put as in probably the sugar bowl
    I like your words.

If we didn't get a BCS Bowl [which I do not think we would], we would go to New Orleans. We can make more money there than anywhere except a BCS bowl.
    Would it not be possible to get a better deal from a bowl like the Peach bowl against a team like Georgia, Clemson, or Georgia Tech?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Would it not be possible to get a better deal from a bowl like the Peach bowl against a team like Georgia, Clemson, or Georgia Tech?
    No. The way bowl payouts typically work is they give you tickets in the face value amount of the payoff. If you don't sell tickets, you eat them. No way we sell enough $100 Peach Bowl tickets to beat what we can make selling 50K NOLA Bowl tickets for an undefeated Cajuns team.

Now a BCS bowl is a whole other kettle of fish

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Is it too much to ask for these "experts" to know the trappings of the Sun Belt bowl selection process?
    Not to mention the "anyone but UL" policy in Shreveport.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    We can easily go 12-0 this season and would not get a BCS bowl. We haven't proven ourselves yet to the FBS world. It would takes 3-5 years of constant winning (10+ wins) from an SBC team to finally get some recognition and get a BCS bowl. Our SOS would absoultely kill us in the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Say the unthinkable happens. and we beat Ok St. AND Florida and finish the season UNDEFEATED.

(Guys, calm down, this is purely a conversational HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION, as in just for fun, as in not serious, as in hey, who knows? as in, WE CAN DO THIS, as in, HUD is UNTOUCHABLE, as in. okay I'm done.)

Anyway, say we go undefeated.

What bowl would we get? Would be quite interesting to say the least. What would we be ranked come season's end?

What say you?
    My money would be on the Sugar, New Orleans game against an upper-tier opponent would equal sellout, something they couldn't do last year.

No. The way bowl payouts typically work is they give you tickets in the face value amount of the payoff. If you don't sell tickets, you eat them. No way we sell enough $100 Peach Bowl tickets to beat what we can make selling 50K NOLA Bowl tickets for an undefeated Cajuns team.

Now a BCS bowl is a whole other kettle of fish
    Let's say UL goes 11-1. Let's say we're invited to the peach bowl with a school from Georgia or South Carolina. 1) Don't you think UL would sell at least 10,000 tickets to a game in Georgia? 2) Don't you think a game like that would be close to or a complete sell ot guaranteeing both teams the full payout? I'm not even sure if it's possible to have happen, but it seems if UL goes over ten wins there would be other bowls within geographic reach reaching out based on our NOB representation. Nes Pas?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: CBS Sports Bowl Projections.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Let's say UL goes 11-1. Let's say we're invited to the peach bowl with a school from Georgia or South Carolina. 1) Don't you think UL would sell at least 10,000 tickets to a game in Georgia? 2) Don't you think a game like that would be close to or a complete sell ot guaranteeing both teams the full payout? I'm not even sure if it's possible to have happen, but it seems if UL goes over ten wins there would be other bowls within geographic reach reaching out based on our NOB representation. Nes Pas?
    The teams do not share in the bowl's revenue. They only get the money from the tickets allotted to them. Just because UGA or USC sells out, and there are 80000 fans there doesn't mean we get more money. UL will only get the proceeds of the tickets sold through UL.

Because the New Orleans Bowl never sells out, they will give us all the tickets we want.

The teams do not share in the bowl's revenue. They only get the money from the tickets allotted to them. Just because UGA or USC sells out, and there are 80000 fans there doesn't mean we get more money. UL will only get the proceeds of the tickets sold through UL.

Because the New Orleans Bowl never sells out, they will give us all the tickets we want.
    I thought after our second allotment which guaranteed us $750,000 the bowl committee wouldn't give us any more tickets. Please set me straight on that.

That may be the case Kyle. In any event we are better off making $750K in NOLA with 40000 of our fans than $1000000 in Hotlanta with 10000

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I like doing this. It's like the lottery fantasy "What would you buy??" Don't worry people, just for fun.

Would going 12-0 mean a BCS bowl for the Cajuns? A bunch of things would have to go our way:

OSU and Florida would have to bounce back and go on to have great seasons. If OSU and Florida collapse after we beat them then it would be easy to discount the wins. Our SOS would be really low regardless. Which is why style points would matter big time for the other 10 games. We couldn't just win, we'd need to win convincingly and in impressive fashion. ESPN would need to be able to show highlight reels of play after ridiculous play culminating in 14-30 point wins each week.

Also, the other traditional mid major BCS busters would need to lose a game.

We need to take care of our next opponent first.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    We need to take care of our next opponent first.

Good point, let me go get my pads!

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    Good point, let me go get my pads!

Oh wait.
    Funny. Well didn't Boise already loose? The other guy to look out for would be Ohio. They've got a shot to run the table. The good thing about beating Florida is they can't fall very far after we lick em. I jst hope they can hang onto a good record before we get there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information