View Poll Results: Are you superstitious when it comes to sports?

Voters
40. This poll is closed
  • Yes

28 70.00%
  • No

12 30.00%

Thread: Superstitions

Default Superstitions

Are you superstitious when it comes to sports? Tell us some of the strangest superstitions you have or have done to help prod your team to victory. Whether it was successful, or failed more miserably than Kevin Federline as a father to Brittney Spears' babies, we want to hear 'em!!!

Default Re: Superstitions

back in my playing days i was very suerstitious, such as eating the same thing before everygame. for our high school baseball team, at the beginning of the season we would cut out the tags from our hats and put them in a ziploc bag. then i would put in a little bit of dirt from around home plate and some grass from the infield. that became the "soul" of our team and we would rub the bag on every bat before someone would go on deck. plus if someone was going through a bad stretch we would rub in on all of their equipment.

Well this season during our 4 game win streak I kept my beard and would not trim it but after the Middle loss I came home and shaved it right away. I also wore the same shirt and shorts to every game that changed last week lol At halftime of the Troy game I changed my shirt because it had to be the shirt causing it. When I was playing in high school I never had any real superstitions but now that I'm out I have all kinds lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    Are you superstitious when it comes to sports? Tell us some of the strangest superstitions you have or have done to help prod your team to victory.
    Never, ever, never, ever, ever _________ with a streak. I did I tailgated for Mid Tenn. I promise I will show up no earlier than 3:15-3:30 for the North Texas game.

The other superstitious thing is never, ever, never, ever, ever do you pack up the baseball gear if you are the home team and it the top of the ninth. Especially if you are up by 10 and playing at Deballion. It will get emptied back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewhite
    Never, ever, never, ever, ever _________ with a streak. I did I tailgated for Mid Tenn. I promise I will show up no earlier than 3:15-3:30 for the North Texas game.

The other superstitious thing is never, ever, never, ever, ever do you pack up the baseball gear if you are the home team and it the top of the ninth. Especially if you are up by 10 and playing a Deballion. It will get emptied back out.
    I assume you mean playing at the park, and not playing a member of my family.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    I assume you mean playing at the park, and not playing a member of my family.
    You were right assuming, you know that 386 you sold me the T goes out sometimes

I've got to say that for every post season team that I've either played on or rooted for I've adopted the old hockey Playoff Beard. So far it's got a 68% winning percentage for me in postseason play.

Before my senior year, I had my wisdom teeth removed. I kept them in my soccer bag all year long, and we had our best year ever. I also had my best year ever, so it worked.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajunpepper
    Before my senior year, I had my wisdom teeth removed. I kept them in my soccer bag all year long, and we had our best year ever. I also had my best year ever, so it worked.
    I wonder if anyone is superstitious about answering yes to the poll, when in fact they are superstitious.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    I wonder if anyone is superstitious about answering yes to the poll, when in fact they are superstitious.
    Doesn't look that way so far, as 69% have answered 'yes'. Of course, maybe the number should probably be closer to 90% if they answered truthfully! lol

Thread Information