Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TD Smith

Default TD Smith

TD Smith needs to quit the 123 cajun ball thing let the students do their own thing. He is there for one reason only and that is to call the game. He thinks the game is about him and that he has to be center of attention this is not the Ice Gators this is D1 Basketball

UL Basketball Re: TD Smith

Quote Originally Posted by jleb
    TD Smith needs to quit the 123 cajun ball thing let the students do their own thing. He is there for one reason only and that is to call the game. He thinks the game is about him and that he has to be center of attention this is not the Ice Gators this is D1 Basketball
    He didn't do the "cajun ball thing" twice, and when he didn't neither did the fans. The band was off their rocker.awsome. The cheerleaders have a few more guys this year and their "give em hell UL" is a great addition.now we just need the fans to multiply and join in.

Default Re: TD Smith

I agree, the cajun ball thing is old.

I thought the guys played sloppy the frist half but stepped it up once they realized they could be the boss. I really liked how Ross took charge, 22 points isn't bad on his first night. I also think this guy Dees is going to be a good player. Never know, we'll see how it goes but as far as the future.I think we'll be ok

Maybe he can do the 123 thing then we all do the AIYEE!!!! thing at the football gamesI am so not serious. I think that 123 cheer is quite stupid myself.

I made it to the game at halftime and when he did the 123 thing that is exactly what I thought. The cheer really is getting old because of him jumping in. Its sounds stupid when he is the one saying 123.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: TD Smith

He is not doing it for himself TD was asked to do it By the band!

Quote Originally Posted by shammy
    He is not doing it for himself TD was asked to do it By the band!
    I doubt that. The band members that I know hate it.

8. Default Re: TD Smith

I think the 123 cheer is a good one. If TD didnt say anything last night then the cajundome would have been as quiet as a mouse. I know it was an exhibition, but the stands were very empty. UL has proven in the past, not this year and not with this team cause both are so young, that they have a good program and should draw more people. I think that those who were there last night, like myself, are the faithful and are too old to yell and scream on a consistant basis (for various reasons)we need the students for that.

Yeah, I agree with you JLEB!! TD Smith needs to learn how to be an announcer first, then work on being a fan. I keep waiting for him to slip up and say, "Your Louisiana Ice Gators, I Mean Ragin Cajuns". It's only a matter of time.

UL Basketball Re: TD Smith

It started by him just announcing Cajun ball after turnovers or other change of possessions. The band would follow up with the "Cajun Ball" cheer. I enjoyed it much better this way. TD started doing the 123 last year, and I didn't enjoy it nearly as much. I thought this was a great student/band thing, and it became something else.

i think the 123 thing is horrible, it is so bush league. if the fans want to do it they will, if the band wants to do it they will. Everytime he does it, it sounds like we are all about to sing happy birthday or something. If anyone knows TD please tell him to stop. He is not an MC he is the announcer. So if someone could pass this along that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    i think the 123 thing is horrible, it is so bush league. if the fans want to do it they will, if the band wants to do it they will. Everytime he does it, it sounds like we are all about to sing happy birthday or something. If anyone knows TD please tell him to stop. He is not an MC he is the announcer. So if someone could pass this along that would be great.
    I agree. It's about as bush league as ULM's announcer "AND THAT'S ANOTHER INDIANS.(Crowd responds "FIRST DOWN")

We mocked that chant mercilessly last year because at the end, the announcer still was shouting it without a response from the crowd because all that was left was us Cajuns laughing at him.

1.23lets all go chew on a shotgun!!! When TD does his countdown, I literally start to boil inside. The next time he does it I may just go ahead and wing my $7.00 dome foam at him. He really makes the game feel like your at a 6 year olds birthday party at Chuckie cheese.

Now lets 1.23quit that crap TD

Quote Originally Posted by scotto_25
    1.23lets all go chew on a shotgun!!! When TD does his countdown, I literally start to boil inside. The next time he does it I may just go ahead and wing my $7.00 dome foam at him. He really makes the game feel like your at a 6 year olds birthday party at Chuckie cheese.

Now lets 1.23quit that crap TD

I agree, annoying as hell.

But not worth wasting $7.00, man!

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    I agree, annoying as hell.

But not worth wasting $7.00, man!

Call me annoying but it is one of the few times that a majority cheer. I was asked to sit down five times last night. Thank God it was the bosses seats, so I won't have to put up with that all season.

I take my ten year old and he likes the Cajun Ball chant, he doesn't need TD's 123 he calls it. He also does the Hoover thing. As far as the cheerleaders are concerned there are no cheers that I have heard them do this year. He does the fight song, he also calls out at First Down.

The fact that TD is an annoying person is beside the point in this debate. I just hope we don't turn the Cajundome into a library. I definitely like the 123 better than people calling out Cajun players from the stand with Beer in their hand.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information