Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TD Smith

Default Re: TD Smith

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun
    Maybe we can get him to sing "Respect" at all games.
    Eh some how I think that would sound a bit like a train wreck. Perhaps if this season doesn't turn around it might just work

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    Eh some how I think that would sound a bit like a train wreck. Perhaps if this season doesn't turn around it might just work
    TD does a great job and we are lucky to have him. I've heard other announcers from different places and we have one of the best. I agree that he needs to stick to the script and just call the action. But that is easily solved with a phone call or an email. I know you are all down on TD. but it could be worseWe could have the guy who calls the softball games doing the basketball and football games for us. You want to talk about taking attention away from the game and putting it on himself? That's the guy to be complaining about.

3. What a Downer Re: TD Smith

I agree with the folks who don't want to hear 1,2,3. I think it is lame! TD does not bother me, it's the counting. It reminds me of Seseme Street. 1,2,3 HA HA HA

Another thing TD did to put the attention on him was at baseball games when Johnny Mac would come to the plate he would say "tip your hats if you please" it was perfectly fine when the baseball team did it themselves and the fans just picked up on it. That is how traditions are started not by the pa guy leading a cheer crowd.

5. UL Basketball Re: TD Smith

As a member of the basketball band, I hate it when TD does it. He actually screws us up most of the time. Its was ok the first couple times he did it last year, but after that it was just annoying. Somebody said that we sould play as a cue. We can't. There's very strict rules about playing when the ball is in play. Hence, we only play before and after the game, and during time outs only. That's where the 1.2.3. came from. We should have the cards soon. There's a lot of new people in it, we have to get them used to it.

He needs to let the band and the students do their own thing and just announce the game.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander
    As a member of the basketball band, I hate it when TD does it. He actually screws us up most of the time. Its was ok the first couple times he did it last year, but after that it was just annoying. Somebody said that we sould play as a cue. We can't. There's very strict rules about playing when the ball is in play. Hence, we only play before and after the game, and during time outs only. That's where the 1.2.3. came from. We should have the cards soon. There's a lot of new people in it, we have to get them used to it.

He needs to let the band and the students do their own thing and just announce the game.
    Has anyone done anything to contact TD yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    PERHAPS!!???? Better start warming up TD, you are going to be hoarse before this season is over.

PERHAPS we could get him to move to Albuquerque and take BoP with him.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna
    PERHAPS!!???? Better start warming up TD, you are going to be hoarse before this season is over.

PERHAPS we could get him to move to Albuquerque and take BoP with him.

.with the little things that can sometimes be annoying, as with most people, they are both still entertaining.imo.glad to hear the band getting into things. I'm sure if one of their members were to address their interest in taking over the "1, 2, 3 thing" TD wouldn't have a problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunbander

To those in the band who were stomping their feet when the cajuns were on defense.thank you. I've always hoped to hear everyone doing that at the right time. It can get extremely loud really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat
    .with the little things that can sometimes be annoying, as with most people, they are both still entertaining.imo.glad to hear the band getting into things. I'm sure if one of their members were to address their interest in taking over the "1, 2, 3 thing" TD wouldn't have a problem with it.
    thats the whole point, nobody needs to do the 1,2,3. If you don't know when to say cajun ball then your not watching the game. When we get a turnover you say cajun ball it is that easy, no 123. when the band started the chant they never said 123 they would just say cajun ball. It is not just b/c TD is saying it, the 123 just sounds horrible. Alot of people think this is a personal attack on TD but it just the 123.

11. Ragin' Cajuns Re: TD Smith

The 1.2.3. thing was kinda really just for the band I guess. We held up the cards, but only one guy in band would say it, the whole band wouldn't shout it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02
    As a student, I hate it when T.D. Smith does his 1-2-3 thing. The band used to have cards that had "1" "2" "3" on them. It's not that hard to read them, even from the other side of the Dome. I agree with some of the other people, T.D. is trying to keep the focus on him.

i had the posters for it this year with the band, but they got messed up so i am making new ones.

13. Ragin' Cajuns Re: TD Smith

He only did it a couple times tonight, instead of trying to do it every time. I'm glad.

Man, I'm so hoarse from screaming I can barely talk!

The one time that I can remember TD doing the count down.the whole crowd got in to it. When the band did the chant, it sounded to me like no one else followed through. When the game is dull, the crowd needs a slap in the a__ (including myself) This team will lull you to sleep.

You people are absolutely pitiful. If ANY of you would take the intiative to be a fan, which is supposed to be short for fanatic, of the team whose event you are attending and do something to promote excitement in the game, it wouldn't be necessary for TD to do anything except announce the game. As the person who sits next to him at the basketball games and discusses these topics with him, I can tell you, he DETESTS doing anything to lead cheers and try to get you people that sit in the stands to sound excited about the game. But he has been asked by various people, among them the band leaders and game administration, to do something to get you to cheer your team.
    There are way too many of you who come to the ball game to be entertained. You are the problem, not TD. You need to be at the movie theater where your mind can be blanked out for two to three hours. Sports is about passion. If you don't want to be passionate about your team, stay home, listen to it on the radio and you won't have to complain about how and what is done to support the team. But if you care enough to be a FAN, find out what you can do to be more involved in the game, by cheering, by yelling, by holding up signs or whatever. Ask the head cheerleader or the band leader or game administration what you can do. I promise you, if you people who sit in the stands were more vocal, TD would cease the "1-2-3" and the "let 'em hear ya" and any other chants he does.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information