Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TD Smith

UL Basketball Re: TD Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Ewhite
    Call me annoying but it is one of the few times that a majority cheer. I was asked to sit down five times last night. Thank God it was the bosses seats, so I won't have to put up with that all season.

I take my ten year old and he likes the Cajun Ball chant, he doesn't need TD's 123 he calls it. He also does the Hoover thing. As far as the cheerleaders are concerned there are no cheers that I have heard them do this year. He does the fight song, he also calls out at First Down.

The fact that TD is an annoying person is beside the point in this debate. I just hope we don't turn the Cajundome into a library. I definitely like the 123 better than people calling out Cajun players from the stand with Beer in their hand.
    To all concerned TD will quit when the fans quit participating IMO. So for those who find it too Bush League do not participate and just sit on your hands, or do your own thing, it is a BIG DOME.

Default Re: TD Smith

I cant sit on my hands, I need them to drink my dome foam

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    To all concerned TD will quit when the fans quit participating IMO. So for those who find it too Bush League do not participate and just sit on your hands, or do your own thing, it is a BIG DOME.
    the band and the students used to do it on their own. TD decided last year that he would start chiming in with this crap. He wants the game to be about him like it is his morning show or something. Turnovers and change of possession happen way too often to have some goofball counting to three everytime it happens. So i do like to participate in the chant it just gets agravating hearing 1.2.3 after every turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewhite
    Call me annoying but it is one of the few times that a majority cheer. I was asked to sit down five times last night. Thank God it was the bosses seats, so I won't have to put up with that all season.

I take my ten year old and he likes the Cajun Ball chant, he doesn't need TD's 123 he calls it. He also does the Hoover thing. As far as the cheerleaders are concerned there are no cheers that I have heard them do this year. He does the fight song, he also calls out at First Down.

The fact that TD is an annoying person is beside the point in this debate. I just hope we don't turn the Cajundome into a library. I definitely like the 123 better than people calling out Cajun players from the stand with Beer in their hand.
    To be clear, I love the CA-JUN BA-ALLL chant. It was a great thing started by the band and picked up by the students. They annoying part is TD doing the "1-2-3" before hand. Not only is it bush league, but it kills the budding tradition by taking it from the masses to "the man". This university too often tries to create traditions instead of letting them happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    To be clear, I love the CA-JUN BA-ALLL chant. It was a great thing started by the band and picked up by the students. They annoying part is TD doing the "1-2-3" before hand. Not only is it bush league, but it kills the budding tradition by taking it from the masses to "the man". This university too often tries to create traditions instead of letting them happen.
    I like the chant and I think that TD was just trying to give the crowd a cue. I agree that I liked it better when the band did the cue. I think instead of harping on TD we should just try to organize something with the band that's a better cue than 1.2.3. Maybe like a short 3 second musical piece that's the cue to shout out "cajun ball" Like DAH Dah Dah Cajun ball. (the dah dah dah stands for musical notes). This way, the crowd gets the cue and its a better tradition than TD saying the 123 over the mike.

The whole point is that you do not need to be told by the band or by TD when to cheer. My whole point on starting this page was for someone to please tell TD to quit doing the 123 thing it is embarrassing just like last year at ULM (that s anothe Indian first down) that is so bush league. I thought last year that he would only do it for that year, and when I heard it last night it peeed me off. I was watching us struggle with Spring Hill and our announcer thinks that he is calling a semi pro hockey game. We always do things that make us look bush league. (The numbers that we have retired at the football stadium, ex # 9) I could list more I have been a fan my whole life and I always will be but If we want to be big time we need to act big time.

UL Basketball Re: TD Smith

His cue was the same one he had been doing for years, which was to say Cajuns Ball when the turnover happened. The band would follow up, and the students started following as well. Then he changed from the norm to the 1-2-3, which I also felt was horrible. Just go back to the normal.

I also noticed the band was doing the old red dot number of turning their backs on the opposing team introductions and reading the paper. along with a "who" after every player announcement. Great going guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jleb
    The whole point is that you do not need to be told by the band or by TD when to cheer. My whole point on starting this page was for someone to please tell TD to quit doing the 123 thing it is embarrassing
    Okay. We nominate you.

In the time it took you to post your displeasure, you could have called TD at Regent Broadcasting, or called them to get his email address.

It's on you, man.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Okay. We nominate you.

In the time it took you to post your displeasure, you could have called TD at Regent Broadcasting, or called them to get his email address.

It's on you, man.
    I already tried that last year it did not work. Jay this page was definitely not for you b/c you think that you know all and are more knowledgable about sports than anyone who is not involved in the media. Jay I enjoy you show from 3-4 then I do not listen after 4 b/c I do not enjoy listening Scott P. You think everything is your way and do not acknowledge other callers opinions.

I already tried that last year it did not work. Jay this page was definitely not for you b/c you think that you know all and are more knowledgable about sports than anyone who is not involved in the media. Jay I enjoy you show from 3-4 then I do not listen after 4 b/c I do not enjoy listening Scott P. You think everything is your way and do not acknowledge other callers opinions.
    And this has nothing to do with my post.

There was a thread started here about the PA announcer.

In fact, there's alot of complaining on this board about stuff that could be handled with an email or a phone call.

And that has nothing to do with how much I think I know about sports.

People call my show and complain about the Advertiser. People call Stevie P and complain about me. People complain to your friends about you.

I stand by what I said. You got a problem with TD. Contact TD.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan
    I think the 123 cheer is a good one. If TD didnt say anything last night then the cajundome would have been as quiet as a mouse. I know it was an exhibition, but the stands were very empty. UL has proven in the past, not this year and not with this team cause both are so young, that they have a good program and should draw more people. I think that those who were there last night, like myself, are the faithful and are too old to yell and scream on a consistant basis (for various reasons)we need the students for that.
    The band did it there self the first time and it worked out just fine

Ragin' Cajuns Re: TD Smith

As a student, I hate it when T.D. Smith does his 1-2-3 thing. The band used to have cards that had "1" "2" "3" on them. It's not that hard to read them, even from the other side of the Dome. I agree with some of the other people, T.D. is trying to keep the focus on him.

TD Smith needs to quit the 123 cajun ball thing let the students do their own thing. He is there for one reason only and that is to call the game. He thinks the game is about him and that he has to be center of attention this is not the Ice Gators this is D1 Basketball
    I have always liked TD Smith and I think UL is lucky to have him. He has a great voice.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308
    Maybe he can do the 123 thing then we all do the AIYEE!!!! thing at the football gamesI am so not serious. I think that 123 cheer is quite stupid myself.
    Maybe he can shut the hell up and not attract attention from the game to himself.

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90
    I have always liked TD Smith and I think UL is lucky to have him. He has a great voice.
    Maybe we can get him to sing "Respect" at all games.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information