Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns 2006-07 basketball

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Colbert reports for Lady Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    Thanks coach.it means a lot for you to come on here and let us know whats going on first hand.
    Congratulations Coach. you and the Lady Cajuns are making us proud!

2. UL Basketball ULM women set for 1st game vs UL Lady Cajuns in 14 years

MONROE - It's been more than 14 years since UL's women's basketball squad squared off with in-state rival UL Monroe. It's been even longer since the teams played in North Louisiana.

At that time, ULM were the Indians, was a regional women's power and wasn't in the Sun Belt Conference. All that has changed heading into today's 4:30 p.m. contest with the Ragin' Cajuns.

ULM isn't any slouch, having won 10 of 13 games this season, but the newly monikered Warhawks have found the going more tough in the early part of their first trip through the Sun Belt.

ULM lost at home to Arkansas-Little Rock 66-58 in double overtime Dec. 13 and then was pounded 103-59 at Middle Tennessee. Those are the memories the Warhawks (10-3, 0-2 Sun Belt) take into today's first meeting with UL since the 1992-93 season.

"They're still a very good basketball team," said UL coach J. Kelley Hall. "You don't start out 10-1 unless you are. They're going to press us from end line to end line, and we've got to be able to handle the pressure of another difficult game."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: ULM women set for 1st game vs UL Lady Cajuns in 14 years

Does anyone know if KPEL does online broadcast streaming of the Lady Cajun Basketball games anymore ???

4. UL Basketball Schedule complicates women's race in Sun Belt West

The Western Division of the Sun Belt Conference's women's basketball race may well come down to a battle of attrition.

The two remaining unbeatens in the West have only played three total league games, thanks to some weather- induced cancellations. Those games will have to be squeezed into what is already a tight league schedule.

Preseason West favorite Arkansas State is 2-0, but neither win has been overly impressive - an overtime win at UL's Long Gym in which the Cajuns led the entire game, and a 12-point home victory over winless New Orleans.

The Ragin' Cajuns are 2-2 and have already faced two of the league leaders. Arkansas-Little Rock is 3-1 with its only loss at UL, a loss it can't make up since the teams don't play in Little Rock this year. It's one of the quirks in the unbalanced schedule.

"It's going to be like this all the way through," said Cajun coach J. Kelley Hall of the West race. "What you have to do to win a championship is to win your home games and try to break even on the road.

"This year, it's going to be really tough for anyone in the West to run the table at home since there's so many evenly-balanced teams. It's going to come down to who gets hot at the right time."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

5. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns Defeat Pioneer Women 72-52

I couldn't find a news story online so i thought I would drop a friendly reminder.

UL vs Denver 7pm

Earl K Long Gym

ps the MESSAGES button is now an Announcement and Calendar page. Right now we only have info one week into the future.

Default Re: Tonight 7pm Lady Cajuns take on Denver at EKL

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I couldn't find a news story online so i thought I would drop a friendly reminder.

UL vs Denver 7pm

Earl K Long Gym

ps the MESSAGES button is now an Announcement and Calendar page. Right now we only have info one week into the future.
    Turbine:
    Wanted to say thanks for the plug for tonights BIG GAME. Also, would like to thank you for the D.V.D. (I just watched it with Colbert). Used it as a learning tool. Once again Thanks for all you do.
    Headragincajun1

UL Basketball Lady Cajun's vs Denver

Lady Cajun's 72
    Denver 52 Final

Geaux Louisiana
    DaddyCajun

8. Default Cajun women ring in new year with victory

The Louisiana Lady Cajuns basketball team began the new year with a bang by defeating the Denver Pioneers 72-52 in Sun Belt Conference action on Wednesday night at Earl K. Long Gym.

Senior forward Yolanda Jones was one of four Cajuns players to score in double-figures with a game-high 20 points, while grabbing 11 rebounds, handing out four assists and coming away with four steals.

"It's a brand new year, and I know that I have to step my game up," Jones said. "I'm pleased with my performance, but I felt that I could have done a better job on defense. But I'm hoping that I can have games like this against everyone we play."

Jones was joined by junior guard Alicia McDaniel, who scored a career-high 16 points, Jeanenne Colbert with 15 points and Onna Charles with 13 points as the top offensive performers for the Cajuns (11-5, 3-2).

McDaniel was sensational at both ends of the court, grabbing eight rebounds (seven defensive) along with four steals.

"I'm satisfied with the way I played," McDaniel said. "I knew that we needed to win this game to get back on track. It didn't matter to me whether it was offensively or defensively, I just wanted to contribute."

Cajuns coach J. Kelley Hall was thrilled by the performances of Jones and McDaniel.

The rest of the story

Eric Narcisse
    enarcisse@theadvertiser.com

Jones was 9-14 shooting, 2-2 at the line for 20 points total.
    Edwards was 2-4 shooting, 1-1 at the line for 5 points total.
    Charles was 2-6 shooting, 9-10 at the line for 13 points total.
    McDaniel was 5-7 shooting, 5-9 at the line for 16 points total.
    Colbert was 4-9 shooting, 6-7 at the line for 15 points total.
    Dunlap was 1-4 shooting, 1-2 at the line for 3 points total.
    Ratliff was 0-0 shooting, 0-0 at the line for 0 points total.
    Miller was 0-2 shooting, 0-0 at the line for 0 points total.
    UL was 23-46 shooting, 24-34 at the line for 72 points total.

9. Default Re: Cajun women ring in new year with victory

I wanted to Congratulate the Lady Cajun's on this important conference win. I thought we made some good adjustments and just played some hard defense in the second half. One other thing I noticed, we were able to let some of our starters rest more this game. I feel the way we play man to man defense and match up zone, you need to keep fresh legs in the game or you have tired legs on your offense. Great win Ladies and Coaches, let's keep the momentum rolling.

Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: Cajun women ring in new year with victory

Quote Originally Posted by CajunTundra
    I wanted to Congratulate the Lady Cajun's on this important conference win. I thought we made some good adjustments and just played some hard defense in the second half. One other thing I noticed, we were able to let some of our starters rest more this game. I feel the way we play man to man defense and match up zone, you need to keep fresh legs in the game or you have tired legs on your offense. Great win Ladies and Coaches, let's keep the momentum rolling.

Geaux Cajuns
    Great job, Coach Hall and team! Sounds like the Ladies are back on track! Geaux Cajuns!

UL Basketball UL Beats Denver 65-64

Well, it wasn't too impressive, but it counts the same. A 2 point victory over a struggling Denver team. Maybe that will help break the freefall. To say a win was urgently needed is an understatement. It felt like if we lost to Denver at home, there was little hope for any additional victories. The Cajuns did battle back from a 4 point halftime deficit and found a way to win. Maybe this win will them to relax a bit more and just play basketball. Congrats to the team! Do it again Saturday!

Default Re: Hallelujah! Cajuns Win!

Can we get rid of this guy? A real coach would have won that game by at LEAST 4 points.

/tongueincheek

Glad we won. Hopefully more are coming soon.

UL Basketball Re: Hallelujah! Cajuns Win!

I was there also with my whole family, it was ugly at times(rebounding and shooting)

only 3 turnovers tonight!!!

Ross and Dees shot better tonight, bench must come around both shooting and rebounding!

See ya Saturday for both games: Lady Cajuns and Cajuns
    Daddy Cajun

14. Default UL men break losing streak, beat Denver

David Dees kept telling himself that his UL basketball team was due for some good fortune.

"I kept looking at the clock and it was like here we go again, another close game," Dees said. "Somehow, we couldn't let this one get away."

The junior guard took that challenge personally, and because of that - and a big defensive play by a freshman - the Ragin' Cajuns aren't on a losing streak for the first time in a month.

Dees had seven points in the final 3:30, including three free throws in the final 49 seconds, and UL held on for a 66-64 Sun Belt Conference victory over Denver's equally-struggling Pioneers Thursday at the Cajundome.

UL (3-12, 1-4 Sun Belt) hadn't tasted victory since Dec. 2 and had yet to win a game in league play. So the sigh of relief in the 'Dome was audible when the Pioneers (1-14, 0-5) didn't get off a potential tying or winning shot at the final horn.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

15. UL Basketball Pioneers can't solve Ragin' Cajuns

University of Louisiana's David Dees hit a free throw with six seconds left, then Denver rushed up the court but could not control the ball as the clock expired, handing the Ragin' Cajuns a 66-64 Sun Belt Conference win on Thursday in Lafayette, La.

The game was tied at 64 after Dees hit two free throws with 50 seconds on the clock. Denver (1-14, 0-5 Sun Belt) was moving up the floor for a possible go-ahead basket when University of Louisiana's defense made its biggest stop of the night.

DU's Alex Cox dribbled near the top of the key when he got caught in a trap. Cox tried to bounce a pass past Elijah Millsap, but Millsap got his hands on the ball and ran back, drawing a foul as he tried to slam home the turnover.

Millsap missed the first free throw but made the second, which gave University of Louisiana (3-12, 1-4) a 65-64 edge with 28 seconds remaining in the game. Denver's attempt at a go-ahead 3-pointer by Antonio Porch was off the mark and Cox traveled, giving the ball back to the Cajuns.

Dees then hit a free throw to seal the win and snap University of Louisiana's seven-game losing streak. The Pioneers' losing streak extends to 11 games.

Dees had a game-high 26 points, while Ross Mouton scored 22 to lead University of Louisiana. The Pioneers were led by Cox, who scored 17 points, including five 3-pointers. DeShawn Walker was 4-of-9 from 3-point range and scored 16 points.

The source of the story

Denver Post

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 . LastLast

Thread Information