Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns 2006-07 basketball

1. UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns on CST Tonight

Great game, the Lady Cajuns can play play play.

I missed the missing moustache

Default Re: Lady Cajuns on CST Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Great game, the Lady Cajuns can play play play.

I missed the missing moustache
    Well, in general, I'm a fan of facial hair on men, so I guess I notice when it shows up or suddenly disappears. Apparently, the mustache is not the equivalent of Samson's hair, so I think we'll be okay.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns on CST Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate
    Final Score
    Lady Cajuns 77
    UNO 51

Great job, ladies! I wish I could go watch them Saturday, but I've got a graduation to attend. Looking forward to the next one, though! Ladies are now 8-3! Geaux Cajuns!
    You mean we only scored 2 points in the last 9-10 minutes? What is wrong with Coach Hall? He is just too soft!!! What, did he have the ladies kneel down once they crossed mid-court to give UNO a chance to make it look almost respectable? Awww, just kidding there, guys (& gal!). Great win by the Ladies! Keep up the great work, Coach! Good bounce-back after that poor second half at UTEP.

4. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns defeat UNO 77-51

UL's women's basketball team established its early-season reputation on defense and on the boards. In Thursday's Sun Belt Conference opener, the Ragin' Cajuns proved they can also run the transition offense.

UL got 18 of its first-half points in transition, and at the same time held New Orleans without a field goal for seven minutes in building a 45-18 halftime lead. The Cajuns then extended that lead to 39 points midway through the second half and coasted to a 77-51 victory over the host Privateers at UNO's Human Performance Center.

The Cajuns (8-3, 1-0 Sun Belt) got two early three-pointers, and the rest of their baskets in the first half's opening 14 minutes either came from the running game or on offensive rebound put backs.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Lady Cajuns defeat UNO 77-51

I was able to watch most of the game last night and I must say that the Lady Cajuns are very talented. Coach Hall and his staff have done a tremendous job with this program. If the Lady Cajuns continue on the current path for the next couple of years, Coach Hall should be named the coach of the decade.

Coach Hall's catch-phrase should be: "The best offense is a good defense, and defense wins championships". I am very impressed with their 8-3 record on this 11 game road swing. If we can do this well on the road, how much better will we do at home? And if we can do this good on the road, that bids very well for our postseason travels (knock on wood).

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

8-3 record attained without playing 1 home game. Unbelievable.

Congrats to Coach and the Ladies.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    8-3 record attained without playing 1 home game. Unbelievable.

Congrats to Coach and the Ladies.

Z.
    We appreciate all the support. The kids played well and were very focused last night. We have a quick turn around for Ark. State.

Was wondering, did anybody tape the game last night? We would like to get a copy to show the team if anybody has a copy. Thanks.

Headragincajun1

Let it be known that I'm skipping a christmas party to go to the Lady Cajuns game on Saturday night. Why do I say this? Because for me that has no life, to skip a party and thus negate a chance at a social life, means that nobody has an excuse.

GET TO THE GAME SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUPPORT THIS TEAM!!!!! THEY ARE ON A ROLL AND THEY NEED AND DESERVE OUR SUPPORT!!!! LET'S PACK THE EARL TO THE RAFTERS!!!!!

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Default Re: Lady Cajuns defeat UNO 77-51

Quote Originally Posted by headragincajun1
    Was wondering, did anybody tape the game last night? We would like to get a copy to show the team if anybody has a copy. Thanks.
    I recorded the game on DVD, and it's yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I recorded the game on DVD, and it's yours.
    Turbine:
    As always, you are the man. I knew sombody would have it out there. I appreciate it and all the hard work. Thanks.

Headragincajun1

Their RPI is up to "67" after last night's win. Not Bad!

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Women.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    Let it be known that I'm skipping a christmas party to go to the Lady Cajuns game on Saturday night. Why do I say this? Because for me that has no life, to skip a party and thus negate a chance at a social life, means that nobody has an excuse.

GET TO THE GAME SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUPPORT THIS TEAM!!!!! THEY ARE ON A ROLL AND THEY NEED AND DESERVE OUR SUPPORT!!!! LET'S PACK THE EARL TO THE RAFTERS!!!!!

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sid, you are making me feel bad. There is no way I can get to that game. My youngest one, Byron, is receiving his Master's degree late Saturday. I guess I could skip it, but in turn I would be homeless. Rest assured that I will be there supporting them, as I have for the past three years, for the rest of their home games. Might even try a road trip if it isn't too far.

Coach Hall has done wonders for this program. Future success is almost assured. The Lady's give us some bragging rights.

UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns defeat UNO 77-51

I wonder if Coach Hall and Coach Lee ever ever talk shop.just wondering.Coach Lee is now at the baseline for the men's team. Coach Hall has exceeded the baseline and will bring this team beyond anyone's expectations. Little ole' Lafayette.Wow! I'm very happy for everyone involved.

15. UL Basketball Home Opener: Cajun women fall in overtime to Arkansas State

UL's women's basketball team led virtually all of regulation, but Arkansas State rallied to force overtime and ran away in the extra period to a 65-58 victory over the Cajuns Saturday night at Long Gym.

The Cajuns, falling to 8-4 overall and 1-1 in Sun Belt Conference play, led by as many as nine points early in the second half and never trailed after the first four minutes of regulation. However, ASU scored the final three points in regulation to tie the game at 50, and then scored the first eight points in overtime.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information