Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns 2006-07 basketball

Default Re: Women's Basketball RPIs

Quote Originally Posted by headragincajun1
    Turbine:
    Another place to look is the Jeff Sagarin/Carmel, Indiana Ratings.

rpiratings.com/sagarin.html

Jeff Sagarin/CBN Women's College Basketball Ratings

Good site to look at. They take into account where you play and the score of the game. Probably more accurate picture of what's really going on.
    Thanks for the support,

Headragincajun1
    Keep up the good work coach.you are doing great things for the Cajun program!!!

Default Re: Women's Basketball RPIs

according to that link Coach, we are at #43. Not too shabby. Hopefully the university will start doing a better job of promoting basketball, especially women's. Hopefully, the community will also realize what a gem we have in the women's team and will come out to support them with big home crowds that rock the top off of EK Long.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!1

3. UL Basketball UL women lose 70-49

UTEP to battle louisiana-lafayette on sunday: After being idle for eight days, the UTEP women’s basketball team returns to action with a game against Louisiana-Lafayette inside the Don Haskins Center at 2:05 p.m. on Sunday. The Miners enter the match-up with a record of 6-1, while the Ragin’ Cajuns boast a 7-2 slate on the year.

Start of busy stretch: Not only is the game against Louisiana-Lafayette the second of a five-game home stand, but it also marks the first of four contests in an 11-day stretch. The Miners will challenge Prairie View A&M of the SWAC on Dec. 12, UTPB of the Heartland Conference on Dec. 16 and Arkansas Pine-Bluff of the SWAC on Dec. 20.

LISTEN LIVE ONLINE FOR FREE: Audio for all of UTEP’s games this year, including the match-up against Louisiana-Lafayette on Sunday at 2:05 MST, will be streamed for free at utepathletics.com To access it, click on the women’s basketball schedule. On that page, there will be a little speaker under the media column for the game that day. Click that and you will be listening live. Mark Brunner will provide play-by-play, while former Miner Traci Miller will serve as the color commentator.

Scouting the Ragin’ Cajuns: Louisiana-Lafayette carries an impressive 7-2 record into Sunday’s showdown with the Miners. The Ragin’ Cajuns’ two losses have come at national powerhouses Texas (69-59) and LSU (65-31). They have won five straight games, including a 15-point victory (83-68) at Southeastern Conference member South Carolina. ULL has spurred the run with a lock-down defensive unit. The Ragin’ Cajuns have held the opposition to just 49.3 points per game, which ranks sixth in the country. Additionally, their foes have shot a mere 28.5 percent for the floor. That figure checks in as the third-best effort in the nation.

Better box out: The Ragin Cajuns have dominated this year on the glass. They have pulled down an average of 48.1 rebounds per game- compared to the opposition’s 37.7 caroms per game. Needless to say, the Miners need to bring their “A” game when it comes to rebounding on Sunday.

The rest of the story

Brian Kanof

4. UL Basketball Re: Opponent: Lady Cajuns to be streamed today

The article says that on the schedule page there will be a speaker next to the UL game. Except, I don't see it so it may be a game time link.

ps this is an XOS website, the kind UL will have when they have it ready.

Default Re: Opponent: Lady Cajuns to be streamed today

I got the audio now.

6. Default UL women lose 70-49

Jones was 5 of 10

The rest of the team 9 of 44

Default Re: UL women lose 70-49

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Jones was 5 of 10

The rest of the team 9 of 44
    I got the audio feed, too, but I shouldn't have. I tuned in when the score was 35-35 about 5 minutes into the second half. From the time I tuned in, it was all UTEP. What had been a close game became a blow-out. It seems that UTEP started lighting it up from 3-point land and their center totally dominated in the paint (9 or 10 blocks). It seemed to really intimidate us, and spark UTEP at the same time. They seemed to be a very good team that just got on a roll and we couldn't find a way to stop. I'm sure coach will evaluate what happened and get things back on track quickly.

8. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns defeat UNO 77-51

Just one more road game for UL women's basketball team before it gets to return home.

After the Cajuns take the court at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Sun Belt Conference opener against New Orleans, they will complete an 11-game road swing that had the team globetrotting from Maryland to El Paso.

The rest of the story

Dan Itel
    ditel@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Lady Cajuns brutal 11 game road schedule almost over.

Why did Itel waste his time with such a teeny-weeny article? Better yet why did I waste my time reading "pro UL article"?

This Oregon import is going to do wonders supporting UL athletics!

10. Default Re: Lady Cajuns on CST Tonight

The Lady Cajuns are dominating UNO 50-20 early 2nd half

Default Re: Lady Cajuns on CST Tonight

Holy macaroni! Just tuned in to the Lady Cajuns. 9:42 left and the score is Cajuns 75 and UNO 36. Sakes alive that's a beat down if ever I saw one! Geaux ladies!

Doubt anyone's paying attention but.
    1:45 left
    Lady Cajuns 77
    UNO 46

Whoa.Coach Hall ditched the mustache. Interesting.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate
    Doubt anyone's paying attention but.
    1:45 left
    Lady Cajuns 77
    UNO 46
    crud, we're letting em back into the game.

Z.

Final Score
    Lady Cajuns 77
    UNO 51

Great job, ladies! I wish I could go watch them Saturday, but I've got a graduation to attend. Looking forward to the next one, though! Ladies are now 8-3! Geaux Cajuns!

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information