Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns 2006-07 basketball

1. UL Basketball 2006-07 Lady Cajuns Basketball Real Time RPI

After 2 games the Lady Cajuns RPI was 26 then it fell below 100

Now with a record of 6-2 their RPI is 46th

Way to Geaux

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lady Cajuns WIN

Congrats Lady Cajuns!!!

Default Re: Lady Cajuns WIN

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    Yolanda Jones, a senior who signed with the Gamecocks coming out of junior college in 2005 but was denied admission because of academics, was named the tournament MVP.
    Classy article. Congrats to the Lady Cajuns!! This is a great win for them and the program. They are playing very well to start the season.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns WIN South Carolina Thanksgiving Classic.

Coaches Hall have been doing special things since they got here, but this win is a marquee win IMO. Hopefully this will start to get peoples' attention and get some better crowds for their games. I look forward to very special things for this team this year.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the Halls and the Lady Cajuns. The program has made tremendous strides in the last couple of years. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect this year and I have been more than happy. With that 60+ pt win and now a convincing win over an SEC team and the only losses being to Texas and LSU, the program is in great shape.

The Lady Cajuns ROCK

I can't wait to Yell Like Hell at EKL

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35
    Congrats to the Halls and the Lady Cajuns. The program has made tremendous strides in the last couple of years. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect this year and I have been more than happy. With that 60+ pt win and now a convincing win over an SEC team and the only losses being to Texas and LSU, the program is in great shape.
    Anyone kno wwhy there are two head coaches, by the way? Same thing with the softball team.

Its that type of thing that you only see in women's sports and its ridiculous. That is why they have assistants.

8. Default Re: Lady Cajuns WIN South Carolina Thanksgiving Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Anyone kno wwhy there are two head coaches, by the way? Same thing with the softball team.

Its that type of thing that you only see in women's sports and its ridiculous. That is why they have assistants.
    State nepotism law will not allow the head coach to hire his or her spouse as an assistant.

In both cases the spouse is highly qualified and each spouse worked several years as a volunteer.

The only way around the situation is to have co-head coaches.

UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns WIN South Carolina Thanksgiving Classic.

Other benefit is two incomes into the same family "somewhat" offsets the lack of salary we can pay to the head coach in each of these. As an example, I believe even after the substantial raise for Coach Hall last year he's still only in the middle of the pack in the Sunbelt (about $85K, top coach around $125K), which in my estimation is a damn shame, especially based on progress and performance.

Hang in there coach. With the excellence shown in the type of players and quality of individuals recruited and playing for you, things will continue to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux

In both instances. softball and women's basketball. its working very well, but yet you STILL decide that its a negative and reason to gripe. Why don't we concentrate on complaining about something that REALLY warrants such complaining!

11. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns locking down on defense

The NCAA hasn't begun producing weekly national statistics leaders for the 2006-07 basketball season. When they do, UL's women's squad might well be the nation's leader in shooting defense.

Eight games into the Ragin' Cajuns' season, UL is holding opponents to a 28.1 shooting percentage. Last year's national leader, Coppin State, allowed a 34.4 success mark and only three teams in the nation allowed below 35 percent shooting.

That number is the biggest reason that UL has stormed out to a 6-2 record even though playing all eight games away from home - and three more still to come before the regular-season home opener.

"The hardest thing to do in college athletics is go on the road and win basketball games," UL coach J. Kelley Hall said. "That's what makes this so pleasing."

The biggest of those road wins came Saturday, when the Cajuns coasted past highly-regarded South Carolina 83-68 in the title game of USC's own Thanksgiving Tournament. UL held the Gamecocks to a 30.9 shooting mark in its fourth straight win.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    State nepotism law will not allow the head coach to hire his or her spouse as an assistant.

In both cases the spouse is highly qualified and each spouse worked several years as a volunteer.

The only way around the situation is to have co-head coaches.
    Turbine:
    WELL PUT: SOME PEOPLE DON'T GET IT AND THEY NEVER WILL. WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT AND WHAT YOU DO.

JUST LIKE THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE NEW UNIFORMS. SOME PEOPLE DON'T GET IT AND THEY NEVER WILL.

HEADRAGINCAJUN1

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed
    In both instances. softball and women's basketball. its working very well, but yet you STILL decide that its a negative and reason to gripe. Why don't we concentrate on complaining about something that REALLY warrants such complaining!
    I wasn't complaining, I know it works. I just wanted to know why it was like that. Now I know. I still think it looks ridiculous, but if that's the way it has to be.

by the way, i know of something you can concentrate on complaining about. complain about people who get ____ed when other people express their opinion or make a point that isn't agreed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by headragincajun1
    Turbine:
    WELL PUT: SOME PEOPLE DON'T GET IT AND THEY NEVER WILL. WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT AND WHAT YOU DO.

JUST LIKE THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE NEW UNIFORMS. SOME PEOPLE DON'T GET IT AND THEY NEVER WILL.

HEADRAGINCAJUN1
    Thanks for coming by coach.keep up the hard work, its paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by headragincajun1
    Turbine:

HEADRAGINCAJUN1
    Great start to the season, Coach! Congrats! Keep those ladies working and focused. It looks like the makings of an historic season. Geaux Cajuns!!!!!

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 . LastLast

Thread Information