Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns 2006-07 basketball

Default Re: Where the Ladies?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    For the past 30 minutes TV Guide channel has said Louisiana and Texas are playing right now on 38.
    However it's preemted by a mens Loyola MArymount vs Mississippi State game.

What is up with that?
    I feel your pain. My TiVo is set to record anything that has Cajuns, Louisiana, or Lafayette in the title. I'd totally forgotten about the game. Got super-excited when it prompted me to change channels, then.huh? Loyola Marymount vs. MSU? Very disappointed.

2. Default Re: Lady Cajuns TONIGHT on CST (Where its at?)

I'm holding out till 8:30 hoping there is a broadcast delay.

UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns TONIGHT on CST (Where its at?)

Live stats: http://live.texassports.com/wbb/game/

I doubt they will be any delay.they are just showing the wrong network. They do this stuff all the time and you have no clue! They switch b/t FSN South and FSN Southwest to show different games all the time. But sometimes we get screwed.

I'm sure they are showing this game b/c of the SEC team that is playing in it!!!

4. UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns TONIGHT on CST (Where its at?)

Ona Charles has 16 points and 4 fouls.

Around 7pm I saw a leader that mentioned the lady cajuns (the font on the screen was lower case) but didn't catch the audio.

UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns TONIGHT on CST (Where its at?)

Ona Charles has 16 points and 4 fouls.

Around 7pm I saw a leader that mentioned the lady cajuns (the font on the screen was lower case) but didn't catch the audio.
    Game is on now!!!! Not tape deplayed!!!

6. Default Re: Lady Cajuns on CST NOW

5:08 left, the Lady Cajuns are down 64-49, but at the 12:08 mark they had gone up 43-42

UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns on CST NOW

Louisiana 59
    Texas 69
    FINAL

UL Basketball Lady Cajuns Uniforms?????

When are we going to decide what our name direction will be?? If we are demphasize "lafayette", then why do we have our Lady Cajun Basketball doing a yo-mans job on the court/tv, wear Louisiana on the top of their jersey and "HUGE" LAFAYETTE ON THE BOTTOM????????????

VERY Proud of our Lady Cajun Basketball team and ALL Their Coaches for what they are doing, I just do NOT understand the Uni's!!!

Daddy Cajun

ps Maybe someone can explain, that is someone in the know!!

UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns on CST NOW

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau
    Louisiana 59
    Texas 69
    FINAL
    Great job ladies!!! Great job Halls and staff!!!
    With the injuries to starters, and suspensions UL still did VERY GOOD!!! Hopefully the suspensions build character in these young ladies and they are back soon.

DaddyCajun

10. Default Re: Lady Cajuns on CST NOW

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau
    Louisiana 59
    Texas 69
    FINAL
    They constantly praised the team, saying how well they played with .
    2 players home.
    Best player out with ankle
    Player with flu giving it her all.

USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: Lady Cajuns Uniforms?????

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    When are we going to decide what our name direction will be?? If we are demphasize "lafayette", then why do we have our Lady Cajun Basketball doing a yo-mans job on the court/tv, wear Louisiana on the top of their jersey and "HUGE" LAFAYETTE ON THE BOTTOM????????????

VERY Proud of our Lady Cajun Basketball team and ALL Their Coaches for what they are doing, I just do NOT understand the Uni's!!!

Daddy Cajun

ps Maybe someone can explain, that is someone in the know!!
    I'm not in the know, but I know someone that is "in the know" and they have told me that the name of our school is what it is and it's not going to change and we should be proud of our name with the "at lafayette." It let's everyone know where our school actually is.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns on CST NOW

The ladies fought hard and I enjoyed the game.I will be going to see some games this year.Coach Hall, I'm glad you stuck around. I still kick myself for not going out to the practices a couple of years ago when Coach Hall was looking for guys to come out for the ladies to practice against. The Coach's competitive nature looks contagious.

13. I have a Question Re: Lady Cajuns Uniforms?????

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    If we are demphasize "lafayette", then why do we have our Lady Cajun Basketball doing a yo-mans job on the court/tv, wear Louisiana on the top of their jersey and "HUGE" LAFAYETTE ON THE BOTTOM????????????
    How confusing!

The entire time UL was supposed to be on channel 38 and the entire time the Lady Cajuns were actually was on TV, there was a school called "LAFAYETTE" playing football on channel 36 or 37.

UL Football Re: Lady Cajuns Uniforms?????

How confusing!

The entire time UL was supposed to be on channel 38 and the entire time the Lady Cajuns were actually was on TV, there was a school called "LAFAYETTE" playing football on channel 36 or 37.
    There may be people in the "know" that you know, but if the people I know in the "know" are right, things are in the works as you read this post. Official name WILL remain The University of Louisiana at Lafayette. However, the lafayette will be mentioned very little!!

DaddyCajun

15. UL Basketball Post Game Comments J. Kelley Hall

His general statement:

I thought it was a very physical game tonight. We were a little short-handed coming into this tournament, and we had an ankle injury last night to Yolanda Jones, our top scorer. She could only play 16 minutes for us tonight with a bad ankle, and Texas wore us down and took advantage of our lack of depth. I am proud of the way we competed. Each game, we go out with the goal of trying to get the most rebounds and shoot close to the basket. But, they were stronger, hit the boards, and had more depth. Texas is going to be a very good team. Tiffany jackson was outstanding for them, and that Bailey kid hurt us on the boards. I must say that No. 15 [Niqky Hughes] did not make my scouting report, and she had a great night. She is a very good player. They are extremely strong and talented and got to line too much.

The turning point of the game were those Texas 3's in the second half, back to back. We took the lead and to give up two straight 3-pointers, that was kind of a killer. That gave the momentum back to Texas. The other big thing was free throw's. We made five and they made 21 – that's the big difference right there.

The rest of the story

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information