Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns 2006-07 basketball

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: HeadRaginCajun1

Quote Originally Posted by KAjunRaider
    I was sitting with Coach Rick Insell last night, and he raved about JK Hall. It seems as if Hall is one of his best friends.

MT fans are deathly afraid of #23!!
    KR, we are just a couple of players away from being a dynamic team. The day will come soon, when UL, MT, and others will be fixtures in the top 25. I truly believe that.

Best of Luck in Lafayette, unlesswell, you know!

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Right on, Coach! You and your wife have had a positive influence on the University and the City!
    Here's a question to consider.

Let's say our men's basketball team finds itself in need of a coach some time in the next couple of years. (Note, I'm not saying anything about Coach Lee, I'm just putting out a situation.) What would it be like to have JK Hall as men's coach, and his wife as women's coach?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman
    Here's a question to consider.

Let's say our men's basketball team finds itself in need of a coach some time in the next couple of years. (Note, I'm not saying anything about Coach Lee, I'm just putting out a situation.) What would it be like to have JK Hall as men's coach, and his wife as women's coach?
    Oh man, Im not even gonna try to wrap my brain around that scenario

Z.

UL Basketball Re: HeadRaginCajun1

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    NICE! We got a vote in the USA today top 25. I believe thats a first? May not seem like much, but when you remember the depths from which this program has risenITS HUGE. Once again, Thanks Coaches!

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=34.T=168632&FIX=1

Congrats, Lady Cajuns!
    Coudeaux's to the Hall's, their staff, and the Lady Cajuns!!!! They have made Acadiana and all UL Alumni very proud once again. They have done more than yoman's work with this program turning it from the bottom of the NCAA barrell to one of the top teams which has now recieved its FIRST ever vote in the polls!! Alot of first for the Halls, I just hope they get justly rewarded after the season is over and have their contracts extended for many years to come. UL is starting to turn the corner in yet another sport and with Lafayette doing as well as it is economically there will continue to be more and more money to be made available to UL Athletics!!! Hang in there coaches Gerald is working on some great things and coaches like you are making it easier for Gerald to help make dreams for all of us come closer to reality!!!!!!!!!!!!

Win the Sunbelt!!!!
    DaddyCajun

Congrats coach!!! I love the feeling when you begin to expect good things from your teams and I expect good things every time ya'll hit the court!!!

Default Go support UL women during the SBC tourney !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the poll should read is, "besides the SBC championship game, how many other games in the SBC tourney will you support the lady cajuns?"

I for one, am going Saturday night, and will buy tickets for my friends and bring multiple people.

In my sick sick mind, I somehow knew the men wouldn't make it, and that if that happened we'd have more interest and attendance for the Lady Cajuns. People, we can't even begin to put into words how huge this is for Lady Cajun basketball. Coaches Hall have kicked arse, and deserve a packed house.

I challenge everyone out there to go to the Lady CAjuns games during the tourney and bring friends with you. Shame on you if you don't!!!

just my 2 cents

God Bless

GEAUX UL LADY CAJUNS BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GEAUX CEAUXCH HALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. UL Basketball McDaniel fills every role for Lady Cajuns

She is, without question, the "X-factor" on UL's women's basketball team.

Alicia McDaniel isn't normally among the leading scorers, although she might be the most improved offensive player on the squad.

She's not the leading rebounder, but she's averaging six a game as a 5-foot-7 guard.

She's not the point guard, but she is second on the team in assists and steals.

And she calls herself the defender.

It makes for a pretty busy 40 minutes every time the Ragin' Cajuns take the floor, especially starting Saturday, when UL plays in the quarterfinals of the Sun Belt Conference Tournament.

The Cajuns (23-7) are the number two seed in the event entering Saturday's 6:30 p.m. contest against Florida International, and McDaniel is the most unsung reason they're in that position.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

8. UL Basketball Re: McDaniel fills every role for Lady Cajuns

Good Job Alicia, we know you are always hustling and giving us your best effort, keep up the good work Babe your a class act. Now let's kick some FIU buttocks on Saturday. I'll be there cheering all of you on !!!

Geaux Lady Cajuns !!!

9. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns open versus FIU

It hasn't happened very often, but UL's women's basketball team will take the floor as a solid favorite in a Sun Belt Conference Tournament game today.

For sure, that's never happened at the Cajundome. In fact, today's quarterfinal contests will mark the first time a women's tournament game has ever been played in Lafayette. UL has hosted the Sun Belt Tournament before, but not since the league combined its men's and women's events.

That's a good thing for the Cajuns (23-7), the second seed in the women's event entering the 6:30 p.m. quarterfinal matchup against seventh-seeded Florida International. The benefits of playing at home, even though the Cajundome isn't UL's regular floor, aren't lost on Cajun co-head coach J. Kelley Hall.

"We've known we've had the bye, and we've known where and when we'll play for a week," Hall said. "That's an advantage when it comes to the tournament."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

10. UL Basketball Husband and wife team up to lead UL Lady Cajuns

LAFAYETTE—There’s been harmony instead of marital drama in the University of Louisiana at Lafayette women’s basketball locker room this season, much to the satisfaction of guard Jeanenne Colbert.

UL co-coaches J. Kelley Hall and his wife, Meredith, are a rare tandem in college sports. The partnership has worked through the team’s school-record 23-win season and a Sun Belt Conference West Division title.

“I have never seen them argue, never fuss, nothing like that,” said Colbert, one of ULL’s starters at 6:30 tonight when the No. 2 Lady Cajuns (23-7) host seventh-seeded Florida International (16-13) in a SBC quarterfinal at the Cajundome.

Colbert has played at ULL for two years after transferring from Gulf Coast Community College and runs the offense that features first-team 2006-07 all-conference selection Yolanda Jones.

Colbert credits Meredith Hall as a calming influence, especially when her more intense husband bears down on the team during games.

“Most of all, what she has brought to our bench is support,” Colbert said. “If it was not for her caring words of encouragement throughout a game, we might play a little differently and not as well.

“Coach (J. Kelley) Hall might be yelling at us and she is there to pull us to the side. Their personalities are different; (Meredith Hall) doesn’t like to fuss.”

At ULL, J. Kelley Hall has won 84 games in five seasons. Already he has more wins than any other women’s coach in school history.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

UL Basketball Who is going to the Lady Cajun Basketball Game

Who is going to the Lady Cajun Basketball game tonight? I will be there but without my family as they are in New Orleans at a volleyball tourney.

Cajun Fans need to show up!

DaddyCajun

ps Softball lost today to Alabama 6-0
    Baseball WON today against USM 4-0

Default Re: Who is going to the Lady Cajun Basketball Game

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Who is going to the Lady Cajun Basketball game tonight? I will be there but without my family as they are in New Orleans at a volleyball tourney.

Cajun Fans need to show up!

DaddyCajun

ps Softball lost today to Alabama 6-0
    Baseball WON today against USM 4-0
    Heard it on the Net, Daddy! It was an ugly game>

FROM FIU's PT OF VIEW!!! What brutality, a 67-49 punking at the hands of the Lady Cajuns!

Z.

13. UL Basketball "BOOM" Lady Cajuns Silence FIU 67-49

Maybe it was tournament jitters. After all, heading into Saturday's play in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament, UL's women's basketball squad had won its tournament opener a grand total of one time in the program's history.

When Florida International's LaQuetta Ferguson drained a 3-pointer six minutes into the game, giving FIU a four-point advantage on the way to a six-point lead, it appeared that nervousness might be the Cajuns' undoing.

Ferguson herself pumped a fist in the general direction of UL defensive stopper Alicia McDaniel and let out a "boom" yell right after the shot.

Big mistake.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

14. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns WIN wih Defense

After playing Florida International twice in the last six weeks, UL's women's basketball team didn't have any secrets.

What they did have, and what they've had all year, is defensive pressure.

The Ragin' Cajuns, after a slow start, thwarted FIU's Golden Panthers for most of Saturday night's Sun Belt Conference Tournament quarterfinal game, and because of that UL is on its way to the semifinals for only the second time in the program's history.

The Cajuns put four in double figures, but it was defense that took the 67-49 victory on Saturday.

"We had to pressure the ball and not let them get any open looks," said Cajun senior forward Yolanda Jones, who had her 18th double-double of the season with 17 points and 11 rebounds. "You have to keep a hand in their faces against a team like that."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

15. Default Re: "BOOM" Lady Cajuns Silence FIU 67-49

I'm ready to stir the pot !!! This is our Third time that were going to play ASU !!! We led the whole game during our first meeting at home, and lost in OT. The second time we played them we led by 16pts at the half and lost by 16pts, a 32 pt swing. This time it's huge, the winner goes to the Championship Game of the Sun Belt Tournement. What are you going to do Coach Hall ??? Are you going to play your starters 38 and 40 min's and not use your bench again and lose another close one ??? I saw prime examples of that happening last night when there was no need for it. We had a comfortable controling lead most of the game. To make Onna Charles give an intentional quick foul so that a few players could have a time-out rest is just silly. You have a bench, one with talent, one that has bailed you out of games all year long when your forced to use them. This is a team sport, not an individual one, this will need to be a team win. We have a very nice mix of all kinds of talent on this team, and we should use them, if for nothing else, just to give your starters some time to catch there breath since were using our man to man defense alot more.

Geaus Lady Cajuns Basketball !!!! Let's kick some ASU Butt !!!

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 . LastLast

Thread Information