Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns 2006-07 basketball

Default Re: Lady Cajuns - NT

Quote Originally Posted by gsibille
    Congratulations on a great season! This team is so well-coached with players who fight hard, it's a pleasure to watch. One thing about the game today: Can anyone explain why Amber Williams didn't get in the game until a little over 2 minutes left and Katie Boudreaux was left on the bench? It really seamed odd considering their senior status with such a big lead. If not for injury or disciplinary action, I don't understand it. Regardless, it was a great season which hopefully will continue to the NCAA tournament.
    Is this Greg?

2. SLII 1901-1921 Re: Lady Cajuns - NT

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue
    Is this Greg?
    Yes. I'm guessing Paul, here. You need to come to some women's basketball when you're in town. Excellent.

3. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns finish strong

Since UL's women's basketball team had already locked down the Sun Belt Conference's Western Division title, and all the seeds for the league tournament were set, Sunday's regular-season home finale against North Texas could have been just for fun.

The Cajuns weren't buying that.

"It wasn't like that at all," said senior point guard Jeanenne Colbert. "Every game, we're trying to accomplish something. Today, we were trying to get a school record."

Colbert and the Cajuns accomplished that mission, rebounding their way to a 75-59 win over the Mean Green to claim their all-time best 23rd win and a record 14th win in conference play. UL also finished off a streak of four straight wins to end the season and will go into next weekend's tournament on a high note.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Quote Originally Posted by gsibille
    Yes. I'm guessing Paul, here. You need to come to some women's basketball when you're in town. Excellent.
    I did catch the LSU game [it was on Cox here] but I do need to catch more.
    Coach Hall might be one of the best coaches we've ever had at UL in any sport.

If the men make it to the dome also, I may get to work out a double header.
    pending approval from the boys.

Just ran across this, isn't she on the womens team??

Name: Colbert, Jeanenne
    Charge: Simple Criminal Damage To Prop
    Arresting Agency: Univ Of La Lafayette (Ull)
    Address: 100 Blk Hebert(Ull Campus) STR
    Lafayette, La

6. SLII 1901-1921 Re: Lady Cajuns - NT

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy
    Just ran across this, isn't she on the womens team??

Name: Colbert, Jeanenne
    Charge: Simple Criminal Damage To Prop
    Arresting Agency: Univ Of La Lafayette (Ull)
    Address: 100 Blk Hebert(Ull Campus) STR
    Lafayette, La
    If this is accurate, it would explain the mystery "dismissal from university" announcement on the pre-game radio show a couple of weeks ago. I assume this is to what this refers. Hopefully, this incident was straightened out because of facts and not player status. She missed one game because of this.

UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns - NT

Couple of pictures from the game. I guess I should have said "Dance, thugs, dance"

8. UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns - NT

Thought that showed how the team knows how to have fun and when to have fun. enjoyed the game!!

9. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns take day off after strong win

While the bulk of the Sun Belt Conference women's basketball teams were hard at work, sweating out what amounts to a play-in game in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament, the UL players were ladies of leisure Monday.

UL coach J. Kelley Hall gave his team the day off Monday after its impressive season-ending 75-59 win over North Texas Sunday.

"They deserve it," Hall said. "They had a huge win Sunday and they've had two very long and very successful months. We'll take the day and get back to work Tuesday."

The Cajun women have that luxury courtesy of their Western Division title, one they had locked up even before Sunday's win. With that title comes a first-round bye - missing the one-and-done situation in Wednesday's five first-round games - and the knowledge their spot in Saturday's quarterfinal is secure.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default HeadRaginCajun1

Congrats on The Western Division Title! Pass along our best wishes to the young ladies. Kick x this weekend!

Z.

Default Re: HeadRaginCajun1

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Congrats on The Western Division Title! Pass along our best wishes to the young ladies. Kick x this weekend!

Z.
    Zeebart21:
    As always. We appreciate your support (very positive). It has been a struggle at times this year but for the most part the ladies have played at a high level. I'll take 2 bad halves (1 in Jan @ MTSU; 1 @ Jonesboro). We are very proud of this basketball team.

Hope everybody will come out @ 6:30 P.M. Sat night to support your WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS @ the Cajun Dome.
    Headragincajun1

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by headragincajun1
    Zeebart21:
    As always. We appreciate your support (very positive). It has been a struggle at times this year but for the most part the ladies have played at a high level. I'll take 2 bad halves (1 in Jan @ MTSU; 1 @ Jonesboro). We are very proud of this basketball team.

Hope everybody will come out @ 6:30 P.M. Sat night to support your WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS @ the Cajun Dome.
    Headragincajun1

Right on, Coach! You and your wife have had a positive influence on the University and the City!

Thanks, and Good Luck!

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by headragincajun1
    Zeebart21:

Headragincajun1
    Congrats, Coach! You, your staff, especially your team derserve all of the accolades you get. Wonderful job! Best of luck in the post-season! Ladies kick azzzzzz!

NICE! We got a vote in the USA today top 25. I believe thats a first? May not seem like much, but when you remember the depths from which this program has risenITS HUGE. Once again, Thanks Coaches!

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=34.T=168632&FIX=1

Congrats, Lady Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21

Z.
    I was sitting with Coach Rick Insell last night, and he raved about JK Hall. It seems as if Hall is one of his best friends.

MT fans are deathly afraid of #23!!

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 . LastLast

Thread Information