Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns 2006-07 basketball

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lady Cajuns show how the Wild West was Won

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    Awesome.

I still can't believe what a turn around this program has made.
    I completely agree. We really have something to be proud of with this program. Great job Lady Cajuns!!!

Yes Colbert was suspended, but apparently just one game and not starting the second was good enough for parking ticket violations, lol. Good thing Dunlap stepped up, but now she has a hurt ankle or something. Hopefully between the two of them, we can still stay strong at the point. I'm glad Jones got her rhythm going again, we're going to need it for this last game today, and the sunbelt tourny.

Geaux Lady Cajuns

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunTundra
    Yes Colbert was suspended, but apparently just one game and not starting the second was good enough for parking ticket violations, lol. Good thing Dunlap stepped up, but now she has a hurt ankle or something. Hopefully between the two of them, we can still stay strong at the point. I'm glad Jones got her rhythm going again, we're going to need it for this last game today, and the sunbelt tourny.

Geaux Lady Cajuns
    LOL!! Delinquent parking tickets??? Young peoplewake up! LOL!! This world is getting increasingly difficult to survive in. Take care of business.

Z.

4. UL Basketball STEADY . With the West won, Hall works on details

Don't misunderstand. UL women's basketball coach J. Kelley Hall wants to win today's regular-season finale as much as anyone.

He's just not going to take any chances.

When the Sun Belt Conference Western Division champion Ragin' Cajuns take the Long Gym court for Senior Day at 2 p.m. against North Texas, Hall will be watching some of his walking wounded very closely.

"We've been preparing just like we do for every game and we're going to try to win," Hall said. "But the first time I see Whitney (Dunlap) or Sonora (Edwards) limp, I'm pulling them and giving them a week to rest."

Dunlap has a bad foot after an injury at Denver last week and Edwards has played on a bad ankle. Both took part in the team's final run-through practice Saturday.

The Cajuns (22-7, 13-4 Sun Belt) have that luxury, having locked up the West title Thursday with their 75-52 win at Florida International - with some help from North Texas, which knocked off second-place Arkansas State 82-66 to give UL the outright title.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

5. UL Basketball Re: Good Stat Page for the LADY CAJUNS

Yolanda Jones, UL's leading scorer (17.6) and rebounder (10.1) has a personal goal to reach after hitting a milestone Thursday. The Lumberton, N.C., product became the 11th player in UL history to score 1,000 career points with her final basket Thursday at FIU, and only the third to do it in two seasons.

Today, she'll try to become the first Sun Belt player in over a decade to win back-to-back rebounding titles. Jones led the league with a 10.9 mark last year, and she enters today's game narrowly ahead of FIU's Lasma Jekabsone (9.9) in that individual race.

The rest of the story

Homes SO Clean

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Lady Cajuns - NT

15:15 left

UL 49

NT 37

Z.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns - NT

53-39

T.O. 30 sec.

about 14 minutes left.

11 and change left.

UL 55

NT 43

57-43

9:25

UL 59
    NT 45

7:55

Lady Cajuns 68

NT 53

under 4 to go

1:20 to go

74-59

Final

UL 75

NT 59

14. USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: Lady Cajuns - NT

Congratulations on a great season! This team is so well-coached with players who fight hard, it's a pleasure to watch. One thing about the game today: Can anyone explain why Amber Williams didn't get in the game until a little over 2 minutes left and Katie Boudreaux was left on the bench? It really seamed odd considering their senior status with such a big lead. If not for injury or disciplinary action, I don't understand it. Regardless, it was a great season which hopefully will continue to the NCAA tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by gsibille
    Congratulations on a great season! This team is so well-coached with players who fight hard, it's a pleasure to watch. One thing about the game today: Can anyone explain why Amber Williams didn't get in the game until a little over 2 minutes left and Katie Boudreaux was left on the bench? It really seamed odd considering their senior status with such a big lead. If not for injury or disciplinary action, I don't understand it. Regardless, it was a great season which hopefully will continue to the NCAA tournament.
    I was there, I don't understand about Katie Boudreaux either, she seemed to be upset at the end as Yolanda Jones seem to be consoling when she came out of the game. I agree, she could have played the last 2-3 minutes with the game put away??

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread Information