Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns 2006-07 basketball

1. UL Basketball Opponent: Lady Privateers meeting Lady Cajuns today

NEW ORLEANS – New Orleans returns to the road with a two-game swing starting with the Ragin’ Cajuns of the University of Louisiana-Lafayette in the first game of a Sun Belt Conference double header.

The Lady Privateers (7-16, 1-11 Sun Belt) will meet Louisiana-Lafayette in the longest running current series for New Orleans.

The voice of the Privateers, Mike Wagenheim, will broadcast the game live on Biz Radio 990-AM which is also available by logging on to unoprivateers.com.

New Orleans and the Ragin’ Cajuns have met 61 times. New Orleans holds the advantage 43-18 despite ULL’s current seven-game winning streak. The Lady Privateers had their last series win on February 9, 2003 defeating ULL 63-47 at home. The 61 game is the longest series for the Privateers. The Ragin’ Cajun won the previous meeting this season in New Orleans, 77-51.

The Lady Privateers are in a stretch of seven straight losses overall. In addition, New Orleans is on a 17-game Sun Belt Conference Road losing streak. The Lady Privateers last win over a Sun Belt Conference foe was over Denver in 2005. New Orleans won the game 56-46 at Denver on January 27th. The win is Amy Champion’s only Sun Belt Conference Road victory.

The rest of the story

Homes SO Clean

Default Lady Cajuns roll to 75-47 win over New Orleans

another brutal beat down.

L'Ronte'

3. UL Basketball ULL CRuises to 75-47 win over UNO

It's known in basketball terms as putting one away early.

A 28-2 run in the first 12 minutes will do that.

UL's Lady Cajuns basketball team used that bulge and effectively ran away from New Orleans' Privateers, eventually taking an easy-as-expected 75-47 victory in its return to Sun Belt Conference play.

The Cajuns (19-6, 10-3), taking dead aim on a Wednesday battle at Arkansas State that may decide the Sun Belt Western Division title, held the Privateers without a field goal for more than 10 minutes, while building as much as a 30-7 lead.

"We were able to establish what we wanted to do defensively," said Cajun coach J. Kelley Hall, whose team rebuilt a one and one-half game lead in the West with the win. "If we can force teams to miss, rebound the ball and get it out clean, we've been able to hurt people in transition."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

4. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns roll to easy victory Saturday

Only once before has a UL women's basketball team won 10 games in a conference season. Only twice before have the Cajun women reached 19 overall wins.

Coach J. Kelley Hall's squad hit both of those marks Saturday in its easy 75-47 victory over New Orleans, but very few paid attention to those numbers.

The only figures the Cajuns players are noticing these days are those listed in the Sun Belt Conference standings, especially since UL worked its way to the top of the Western Division.

Saturday's win rebuilt the Cajuns' West lead to 1 1/2 games heading into a key Wednesday matchup with second-place Arkansas State. It also meant that even with a loss Wednesday, UL would still be in first place one week from now.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

Homes SO Clean

5. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns look to roll Indians

Wednesday's UL women's basketball game at Arkansas State could be the difference in the Ragin' Cajuns rolling through the rest of the Sun Belt Conference schedule or having to fight and claw all the way to the end.

That may be too simplified, but then again, maybe not. If the Cajuns can continue their recent success and ASU's recent Sun Belt struggles continue, UL would have controlling interest in the Western Division late Friday night.

"The pressure's on us," said Cajun coach J. Kelley Hall Monday. "We've got to go there and win. This is one of the games we circled at the start of the year. It's one that could give us some breathing room and get us off the hook on a tiebreaker."

The Cajuns (19-6) are 10-3 in the West entering Wednesday's 7 p.m. game at ASU's Convocation Center. ASU (15-8) is second in the West at 8-4, but the Indians have the advantage of a 65-58 overtime win at EKL earlier this year.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

Homes SO Clean

6. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns look for conference opener revenge at ASU

JONESBORO, Ark. - Try as they might, UL's women's basketball team can't get its first conference loss out of its thoughts.

One that came way back on Dec. 16, in its friendly Long Gym confines, still stands out. Tonight, the Ragin' Cajuns find out if it will haunt them in their postseason quest.

The Cajuns (19-6, 10-3) travel to face Arkansas State's Indians, seeking a measure of revenge from a 65-58 overtime loss to ASU in the Sun Belt Conference opener. But more than revenge is at stake in the 7 p.m. game at ASU's Convocation Center.

UL holds a 1 1/2-game lead over ASU (15-8, 8-4) in the Sun Belt West Division. A UL win would put the Cajuns two games up on the rest of the West with four to play and start the engraving process on the trophy.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

Homes SO Clean

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Lady Cajuns vs A stAte

Lady Cajuns all over stAte 38-21. 1:45 Left in the 1st half.

Nice job ladies!

Z

UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns vs A stAte

Yolonda Jones with 3 fouls with 12:40 to go second half!
    Kelly Hall close to getting tossed, but the official puts his hands down

Foul #7 on Louisiana

Louisiana 48

Arkansas State 42

Cajuns starting to unravel,
    DaddyCajun

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lady Cajuns vs A stAte

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Yolonda Jones with 3 fouls with 12:40 to go second half!
    Kelly Hall close to getting tossed, but the official puts his hands down

Foul #7 on Louisiana

Louisiana 48

Arkansas State 42

Cajuns starting to unravel,
    DaddyCajun
    Are you listening? Whats the link?

Z

52-51 a stAte 8 minutes leftWe seem to be melting down.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Are you listening? Whats the link?

Z

52-51 a stAte 8 minutes leftWe seem to be melting down.

Z
    77-61 A stAte

wow.

Z.

11. Default Re: Lady Cajuns vs A stAte

I hope this is a learning lesson !!! A 16 pt half time lead, to 16 pt loss, come on, I chalk this up to coaching, two coaching losses to Arkansas State. I know there was foul trouble, but a Tech foul , when we were getting most of the calls our way, two Fresh guards that never played, when we should have been putting in fresh leggs to keep 3's from being buried in our face, waiting til 4min's left in the game to put Jones back in. We can do better, much much better. Oh, and if anyone is curious, I watched the game on live video from ASU.

Hope mistakes can be corrected in the SunBelt Tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunTundra
    I hope this is a learning lesson !!! A 16 pt half time lead, to 16 pt loss, come on, I chalk this up to coaching, two coaching losses to Arkansas State. I know there was foul trouble, but a Tech foul , when we were getting most of the calls our way, two Fresh guards that never played, when we should have been putting in fresh leggs to keep 3's from being buried in our face, waiting til 4min's left in the game to put Jones back in. We can do better, much much better. Oh, and if anyone is curious, I watched the game on live video from ASU.

I also thought Jones should have come back in much earlier. However, their may be other reasons Coach Hall made that decision which we are not privy to.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunTundra

Look, I'm dissapointed in the loss too, but J Kelly Hall could be the best coach on campus. If we werent having such a good year, this loss wouldent even phase us. We'll be back, and pressing for the NCAA tourney.

Tuffguy

14. UL Basketball UL Women Fall Apart

The last time UL and Arkansas State played a women's basketball game, the Cajuns fell apart down the stretch and the Lady Indians rallied for an overtime win.

On Wednesday night at ASU's Convocation Center, the Cajuns didn't wait until late in the game to go to pieces.

UL led by 21 points with less than three minutes left in the first half, and ended up losing to the host Lady Indians by a 16-point 77-61 margin. ASU outscored the Cajuns 60-23 over the final 23 minutes of the key Sun Belt Conference battle.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald

Homes SO Clean

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84
    Look, I'm dissapointed in the loss too, but J Kelly Hall could be the best coach on campus. If we werent having such a good year, this loss wouldent even phase us. We'll be back, and pressing for the NCAA tourney.

Tuffguy
    Ever the optimist when it comes to the Ragin Cajuns, I think this loss, while large in terms of the amount of points they lost by, could be even bigger, to relight the fire. Have the sort of season that these girls are having, and it could result in some large heads. this sort of butt-whipping, especially after the game was out of reach, only to be given back, could nail these girls feet to the ground and really focus them in on the coming games and the tournament.

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread Information