Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: The Book: Lady Cajuns 2006-07 basketball

Default Re: Lady Cajuns WIN with Defense

I hate the fact that I missed my opportunity to see the women's team when they played North Texas on the 11th.

These ladies can play. I watched the game when they played Texas (in Austin). We weren't at full strength and Yolanda was dealing with an ankle injury but there is no doubt in my mind we would have won that game handily if everyone had been healthy and available. This team deserves all the accolades it gets.

You make us proud. Keep up the great work!

Your #1 fan in Texas!

cajunvbmom

UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns WIN with Defense

Quote Originally Posted by cajunvbmom
    I hate the fact that I missed my opportunity to see the women's team when they played North Texas on the 11th.

These ladies can play. I watched the game when they played Texas (in Austin). We weren't at full strength and Yolanda was dealing with an ankle injury but there is no doubt in my mind we would have won that game handily if everyone had been healthy and available. This team deserves all the accolades it gets.

You make us proud. Keep up the great work!

Your #1 fan in Texas!

cajunvbmom
    Dress warm and go to the game Wednesday night as my family will do, All 5 and then Maw and Paw!!

The Halls and staff are doing Great things here, I just hope we can keep them and pay them more and more each time they make us proud, which is often!!!!!

Thanks Coaches!!!
    Thanks Lady Cajuns!!!!
    For making us ALL PROUD!!!

DaddyCajun

3. UL Basketball Lady Cajuns vs Lady Jags

There's ample opportunity for a letdown for UL's women's basketball team today, and that's a dangerous thing.

The Ragin' Cajuns, riding a four-game winning streak and coming off one of the most significant wins in the program's recent history, host a hot South Alabama club at 7 p.m. at Long Gym. The visiting Jaguars (9-8, 3-4 Sun Belt Conference) have won three straight league games after starting the conference season 0-4.

"They've always been tough for us," said Cajun coach J. Kelley Hall of USA, which has handed UL a loss in each of the last two seasons when the Cajuns totaled 40 wins.

A dragon that had been even tougher on the Cajuns was slayed Sunday when UL (14-5, 6-2) went to Bowling Green, Ky., and took a 77-64 victory over perennial Sun Belt power Western Kentucky. The Cajuns had never won at WKU and had only one victory over the Lady Toppers in 30 series games.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Lady Cajun confidence running high

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy

Their RPI is now up to "47"!

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Women.html

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Dress warm and go to the game Wednesday night as my family will do, All 5 and then Maw and Paw!!

The Halls and staff are doing Great things here, I just hope we can keep them and pay them more and more each time they make us proud, which is often!!!!!

Thanks Coaches!!!
    Thanks Lady Cajuns!!!!
    For making us ALL PROUD!!!

DaddyCajun
    Hey, Daddy C, I believe VBmom resides in Ft. Worth, TX. That's why she has a hard time getting to games. I live in Mandeville and have a tough time getting 2 hours west my own self. I try to get to more games, but work (sometimes on weekends) seems to get in the way too often! Dang it!

Believe me, if i lived in Lafayette there isn't a volleyball match or basketball game I wouldn't attend. Give an extra yell for me Daddycajun!

Know that I am there in spirit and will definetly hit the Athletic Network website to get the results, box score and story!

GEAUX CAJUNS

cajunvbmom

UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajun confidence running high

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed
    Their RPI is now up to "47"!

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Women.html
    As UL's RPI is still 47 I hope too that their Confidence and their Defense have not gone down.

I will be there tonight leaving in about 45 mins.

DaddyCajun

UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajun Yolanda Jones named Sun Belt Player of the Week

Congrats to Y Jones, I hope she or some other Lady Cajun has it in them to step up and become players of the week throughout the rest of the season.

DaddyCajun

9. UL Basketball Re: Lady Cajuns vs Lady Jags

If I am hearing right with 7 minutes left the Lady Cajuns are up 55-50

They are almost doubling up on rebounds and led by 5 at half

Default Re: Lady Cajuns vs Lady Jags

The final score was 69 - 61 Cajuns.

Default Re: Lady Cajun Yolanda Jones named Sun Belt Player of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Congrats to Y Jones, I hope she or some other Lady Cajun has it in them to step up and become players of the week throughout the rest of the season.

DaddyCajun
    Ragin Cajun women win again tonight. They beat USA. I think score was 69 to 61. Yolanda Jones had 23 points in the win.

With the exception of a couple lapses in judgement on some passes,I was very impressed with our ladies overcoming an early deficit and controlling the game the whole way. I was also impressed by them holding onto the lead down the stretch and hitting some key FT in the final 2 mins.

Also, the crowd was really good for a mid week game. Hopefully it won't be too sparse of a crowd this Sunday, if you know what I mean. I think though, with the exception of this sunday, crowds will continue to be good for our ladies. They are playing great.

God Bless

GEAUX UL LADY CAJUNS BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team is so much fun to watch. Man, I wish this game was a double header with the men's team. Earl K. Long looks great and thanks to the people who took the time and money for this. The next big improvement has to be to the concession area. They need to put a real concession area and a place for UL items to be sold.

UL Basketball !

I would like to see an expansion of locker rooms, concession's, and restrooms being done with Southern Structure type steel beam buildings(with VERMILION roofing on these structures and Blackham) tied into Blackham.

Inner halls of Blackham finished with steal(light color) and painted or stained floors through out.

Then take the seating and chairback the court lengths on both sides first 250 seats on both sides of the center court for SEASON TICKET HOLDERS, as those are sold out then chair back another 250 on each side till that WHOLE sucker is DONE. There will be almost all season ticket holders, some space for walkups(at first), and the Verm Zones for students!!

Of course a better broadcast box will be constructed for Jay Bird and his counter parts!!!

New court to be put down!!!

Two Guns(for basketball shoot around) will be purchased for the ladies and a second for the men as they have one already.

Biggers nicer score boards will be installed and we should get the city to overlay the parking areas also!!

DaddyCajun's Dream,
    it WILL come true.
    5+ years of work was not done for nothing!!!

UL Baseball Re: Lady Cajuns WIN with Defense

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    Hey, Daddy C, I believe VBmom resides in Ft. Worth, TX. That's why she has a hard time getting to games. I live in Mandeville and have a tough time getting 2 hours west my own self. I try to get to more games, but work (sometimes on weekends) seems to get in the way too often! Dang it!
    I am going to the mid week game in Hammond, UL vs SLU this Spring for Baseball. My godchild wants to pitch or play outfield for UL and has the eye of Tony on him.

Maybe we could meet up there!

DaddyCajun

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information