Poll: Best sports bar to watch a UL game

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best sports bar to watch a UL game?

Poll Best sports bar to watch a UL game?

I want to know what you guys think. What is the best sports bar in Lafayette to watch a UL game? I will check back and which ever bar is in the lead Saturday morning I will head over and sit my happy a** at the bar.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Best sports bar to watch a UL game?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888
    I want to know what you guys think. What is the best sports bar in Lafayette to watch a UL game? I will check back and which ever bar is in the lead Saturday morning I will head over and sit my happy a** at the bar.
    Legend's, son.

BWW is cool, but, it will be so crowded on Saturday, it'll be a pain in the ___ to get a drink and/or food. Plus you will have to compete with all the A&M honks. Not to mention, Legend's is a hometown bar that supports the hometown team.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Legend's, son.

BWW is cool, but, it will be so crowded on Saturday, it'll be a pain in the ___ to get a drink and/or food. Plus you will have to compete with all the A&M honks. Not to mention, Legend's is a hometown bar that supports the hometown team.
    Amen! Bil (grins) would be proud!

Nothing beats the bar in my own house. LOL. I'd have to say I like Pete's.

Ugh, BWW has already fallen victim to my "three strikes and you're out" rule regarding restaurants. That place has, in my opinion, some of THE worst food in the world. The beer selection is good, but the food gives me the heebie-jeebies. And, as a former fat girl, I can say that I am not picky!

We have never been to Legends, but it's time for us to go check it out. I've heard nothing but awesome things about it.

Louisiana Re: Best sports bar to watch a UL game?

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Legend's, son.

Yes Legends All the way!

UL Football Re: Best sports bar to watch a UL game?

Is the Troy game on TV? If so what station?

Thanks,
    DaddyCajun

ps Been TOO busy lately, loosing touch!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Is the Troy game on TV? If so what station?

Thanks,
    DaddyCajun

ps Been TOO busy lately, loosing touch!!
    The Troy game will be on cox sports, there was a promo for it tonight during the Hornets game.

Legend's is a "Ragin Cajuns" first bar. I am sure they will have the LSU game on, but not on the big screen.

Pete's is also a good place to watch a game. The only downside, (and this may not be a downside to some) is that there is usually a bunch of families w/ kids, eating there. There is certainly nothing wrong with that, but sometimes I get loud and belligerent, depending on how the game is going. At Legend's everyone is loud and belligerent.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Choppie29
    The only downside, (and this may not be a downside to some) is that there is usually a bunch of families w/ kids, eating there...but sometimes I get loud and belligerent, depending on how the game is going.
    Hey, that's the same problem with the student section at basketball games. Wow.

Legends! Legends! Legends!

Enough said!

12. Default Re: Best sports bar to watch a UL game?

Legends all the way! Should be a good day to watch the game outside on the TVs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Choppie29
    Legend's is a "Ragin Cajuns" first bar. I am sure they will have the LSU game on, but not on the big screen.

Pete's is also a good place to watch a game. The only downside, (and this may not be a downside to some) is that there is usually a bunch of families w/ kids, eating there. There is certainly nothing wrong with that, but sometimes I get loud and belligerent, depending on how the game is going. At Legend's everyone is loud and belligerent.

My knock on Petes is when we beat Denver to win the Belt, at the same time was the Tulane v. State baseball game. So, the big screen was taken by the State folks. While they recognize the home team, they cater a bit much to state.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    My knock on Petes is when we beat Denver to win the Belt, at the same time was the Tulane v. State baseball game. So, the big screen was taken by the State folks. While they recognize the home team, they cater a bit much to state.
    Pete's has changed owners recently like in the last year or so. The new owner is a former UL baseball player. They also have the the Ricky Bustle show there. I think you will find it a more pro-UL atmosphere now. I agree with whoever said the food stinks at BWW. It is like eating cardboard yuck!!

Legends is the best by far, and their Margaritas are to die for!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information