Thread: Opinion: Top Six Non-BCS Teams in 2012

1. UL Football Opinion: Top Six Non-BCS Teams in 2012

5. Louisiana 10-2 (8-0)
    The Ragin' Cajuns aren't sneaking up on anyone this year after a 9-4 campaign in 2011. The squad returns an impressive nine starters on offense but only four on the defensive side. In non-BCS conferences defense rarely makes as big an impact as the opposite side of the ball which is why i look for Blaine Gautier to sling Louisiana to a conference championship in the Sun Belt. The big test will be a week-two visit to Troy ...

The rest of the Top Six

Default Re: Opinion: Top Six Non-BCS Teams in 2012

Any press is good press. Glad to see us catching some people's attention. Geaux Cajuns!

This guy might not be big time, but he gets it. He has done some pretty good research. Florida was his only miss. Not a bad review for a team who was picked to be at the bottom of the heap going into last season.

Making it even sweeter is that La Tech is #6. Here comes the meltdown.

I'm kind of surprised Arkansas State isn't on there. But regardless, it's nice to get some recognition

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by I_Bleed_RED View Post
    I'm kind of surprised Arkansas State isn't on there. But regardless, it's nice to get some recognition
    They could be 7th ???

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They could be 7th ???
    Goes to show you how strong CUSA will be minus Central Florida and Houston...

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Goes to show you how strong CUSA will be minus Central Florida and Houston...

Z

We all know that CUSA's expansion was based almost entirley on projected TV dollars. Tech was the anomaly.

If it were based on projected strengthening of the conference for all major sports, their expansion would have looked very different.

Those TV dollars will contract eventually, it has to, and another reshuffling will commence. Only next time, it will be based on future stability and regionality.

Thread Information