Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: RaginCajuns.com . the offline fiasco of 2006-2007

1. Ragin' Cajuns RaginCajuns.com . the offline fiasco of 2006-2007

After 12 years in virtually every behind-the-scenes job possible in the University of Louisiana athletic department, John Dugas is now official.

Dugas was named as UL's event management coordinator effective Aug. 1 and will work with the planning and staging of all Ragin' Cajun athletic events. He will also assist with the development of the athletic department's web site, www.ragincajuns.com, as an offshoot of his continuing work with UL's unique www.AthleticNetwork.net web site.

"We finally got Sherry (LeBas) some help," joked UL interim athletic director David Walker Monday. LeBas, UL's longest-tenured athletic department employee, serves as assistant athletic director for game management, and Dugas has been a regular part of LeBas' staff for much of that time.

Dugas has been part of UL's game-day staff since September of 1994, working in event staffing, script writing, venue preparation, stadium and arena security, ticket operation, scoreboards and message center and setup and maintenance of public address and other equipment.

A 2002 UL graduate, Dugas was a teacher and coach at Scott Middle School for the past three years. He had also worked as human resources manager at International Plant Containers and as a field technician for SLEMCO before returning to earn his degree.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default asdf

does anyone know if our athletic site is in the plans of an upgrade? it gives information but kinda looks like it was made in the early 90's. if we are going to step everything up, we gotta step EVERYTHING up!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: John Dugas named as UL event coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    does anyone know if our athletic site is in the plans of an upgrade? it gives information but kinda looks like it was made in the early 90's. if we are going to step everything up, we gotta step EVERYTHING up!
    This will happen, as per conversation with Mr. Dugas. He thought it might be in the summer to coincide with start of football season, but it will be later in the fall.

Default RaginCajun.com Update.

Update on the new RaginCajuns.com website.

John Dugas who is assisting with the development of RaginCajuns.com informed me that they are in the planning stages of a totally new site. He said that they will have a new server, and will be on par with other major university athletic websites.

The site will have the same type of information that it has now, but will also have added features such as an on line store for Ragin' Cajun merchandise, on line auctions, an improved news engine, poll questions, photo galleries, audio & video, and much, much more.

He expects the new site to be up and running in 2-3 months.

Default Re: RaginCajun.com Update.

Just got this e-mail

Ragin'Cajuns.com, the official Athletic Department website, is experiencing problems.

The AN is not experiencing problems at this time, but is attempting to assist the Athletic Department. Please note the following message below issued by the Athletic Department and check back later. Thank you.

You have been redirected to the Athletic Network because RaginCajuns.com is experiencing technical difficulties and is offline at this time.

Check back as the most current RaginCajuns.com content will be available shortly. The Athletic Department apologizes for any inconvenience.
    © Copyright 2002,2003 Athletic Network. This site sanctioned by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
    www.athleticnetwork.net

UL Football ragincajuns.com needs to update

Quote Originally Posted by UL Ragin Cajun View Post
    Just got this e-mail

Ragin'Cajuns.com, the official Athletic Department website, is experiencing problems.
    Understatement. It's offline.

Default Re: ragincajuns.com needs to update

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron
    Understatement. It's offline.
    This is from RaginCajuns.com

This site is experiencing technical difficulties.
    .Visit the athletic network for updated info.
    .We apologize for any inconvenience.

Default What is wrong with

The UL home page: www.ragincajuns.com I have not been able to open this up for a week now. Is it down or is it just me??

Thanks

Default Re: What is wrong with

Quote Originally Posted by 123
    The UL home page: www.ragincajuns.com I have not been able to open this up for a week now. Is it down or is it just me??

Thanks
    From RaginCajuns.com

This site is experiencing technical difficulties.
    .Visit the athletic network for updated info.
    .We apologize for any inconvenience.

10. I have a Question What's up with the Athletics Web Site ?

Hey you guys,

Why can't the University maintain the Athletics web site ? The home page has the defeat of NC A-T on it. That is slightly old news. Don't we have one of the best computer science departments in the state ?
    Baffling to say the least.

Default Re: What's up with the Athletics Web Site ?

Quote Originally Posted by perrott fan
    Hey you guys,

Why can't the University maintain the Athletics web site ? The home page has the defeat of NC A-T on it. That is slightly old news. Don't we have one of the best computer science departments in the state ?
    Baffling to say the least.
    This was posted earlier.

John Dugas who is assisting with the development of RaginCajuns.com informed me that they are in the planning stages of a totally new site. He said that they will have a new server, and will be on par with other major university athletic websites.

The site will have the same type of information that it has now, but will also have added features such as an on line store for Ragin' Cajun merchandise, on line auctions, an improved news engine, poll questions, photo galleries, audio & video, and much, much more.

Quote Originally Posted by UL Ragin Cajun
    This was posted earlier.

So we simply halt the flow of information until after football season???

Our lack of a website right now was the butt of many media jokes in Houston.

I think that it's great to upgrade the website.
    But to offer nothing in the interim [during the time when we need info the most] is just plain stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue

But to offer nothing in the interim [during the time when we need info the most] is just plain stupid.
    i don't think we are the butt of any jokes in houston right now!

Yeah, Houston has enough problems right now. Oh well, that's what you get for not doing your homework.

I am sure the website will be worth the wait!

Progress can sometimes be painful. As I'm sure you can tell things are improving everyday but a little more time will be required to get to the point where things like this will not happen. Just be glad that this kind of stuff used to be due to neglect but now it's do to progress. Hang in there it will be worth it.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information