Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UL's Jake Molbert was worth the wait

1. Default UL's Jake Molbert was worth the wait

It was the first day of football for the seventh- and eighth-graders at St. Michael Catholic School in Crowley.

Advertiser
    Article removed
    Homes SO Clean

Default Re: UL's Jake Molbert was worth the wait

Good read. Glad to have you Molby.

I watched him in high school, he was a good one. He was in that o-lineman's face before the o-lineman would move.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL's Jake Molbert was worth the wait

Good article and a great kid, but he was a Rayne Catholic product!!

Edit: I forgot, he did transfer to St. Michaels.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Jake is just a fantastic young man. He played QB in Jr high as well but always wanted to run the ball so that he could hit someone! It was good to see him contribute last season and I cannot wait to see his growth and improvement over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by RayneCajun View Post
    Good article and a great kid, but he was a Rayne Catholic product!!

Edit: I forgot, he did transfer to St. Michaels.

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

What happened to Molbert? He is no longer a starter. I know he acquired a hip injury against FIU, but he must be healthy being that he was extremely aggressive while playing against NT. This young man had a fabulous freshman year. I hope to see more of him this season, especially after watching Griffin's "dancing feet" against NT. Griffin's speed is nice, and against the not-so-great teams we played at the beginning of the season, made him look like he knew what he was doing in the LB position. Against NT, it became obvious that he does not possess the intellectual capability to be in the position. I would love to see Anderson and Molbert stay in for an entire game together to observe the difference in the defense, especially against teams in the upcoming weeks. It was quite exciting watching Lance Kelley and Jake Molbert work together last year. I believe it could be the same way with Anderson and Molbert this season.

You wouldn't have a notre dame biased by any chance? Our offense failed us, not the defense, 5 three and outs killed us. Don't even try to blame this on a single LB much less Griffin, who plays with no concern for his well being and who brings it on every down. We lost a game, that's it . If it was "anyone's fault" it was the guys sitting upstairs calling the plays, not one LB's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You wouldn't have a notre dame biased by any chance? Our offense failed us, not the defense, 5 three and outs killed us. Don't even try to blame this on a single LB much less Griffin, who plays with no concern for his well being and who brings it on every down. We lost a game, that's it . If it was "anyone's fault" it was the guys sitting upstairs calling the plays, not one LB's fault.
    I think you must have misunderstood my comment. Not once did I state that any specific player was the cause of the loss against NT or like you stated "anyone's fault". I simply stated that I would love to see more of Molbert and Anderson together in the future. I think that Molbert is an all around fantastic defensive player and knows how to use blocks to close holes, and stop the run, which was quite obvious on the goal line Tues. night. In my opinion, Griffin is fabulous is certain situations, but Molbert is the all around, better LB.

P.S. it seems as though your accusation of me being Notre Dame biased might stem from a past experience that you may have had with ND, which probably didn't work out in your favor. My opinion has absolutely nothing to do with where this young man attended high school.

On 2 different post you basically say the coaches don't know what they are missing by not playing 2 different players, they just both happen to be from ND I guess. No, I don't have a problem with notre dame, I was never associated with them in anyway except a few guys I know that went to school there. It's just funny, that we lose a close game on the road and now the coaches don't know what they are doing. They see these guys day in and day out on the practice field. I think they know who needs to be on the field and when. If you don't think HUD wants to win more than anyone, you haven't been listening.

Good lord, Hud has been playing Molbert from day one. He had a hip injury AND Griffen has shown some speed at the position. I know you have to know your job, but playing linebacker is not calculus. I'm sure they will both get plenty of playing time. I'm glad Molbert is on our team, the kid is physical and plays hard every down. I'm just as sure Hud will put who he thinks is best out on the field every downso far so good 13-6 with a bowl win.

Quote Originally Posted by mmh0501 View Post
    What happened to Molbert? He is no longer a starter. I know he acquired a hip injury against FIU, but he must be healthy being that he was extremely aggressive while playing against NT. This young man had a fabulous freshman year. I hope to see more of him this season, especially after watching Griffin's "dancing feet" against NT. Griffin's speed is nice, and against the not-so-great teams we played at the beginning of the season, made him look like he knew what he was doing in the LB position. Against NT, it became obvious that he does not possess the intellectual capability to be in the position. I would love to see Anderson and Molbert stay in for an entire game together to observe the difference in the defense, especially against teams in the upcoming weeks. It was quite exciting watching Lance Kelley and Jake Molbert work together last year. I believe it could be the same way with Anderson and Molbert this season.
    I know from personal conversations with the coaches they feel that Quinn has the most up side and raw talent at the LB position between the two and think he will be better in the long run. Keep in mind he was at RB all of last year until the last couple of weeks in the season.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

It may not be calculus but a good LB has to read his keys. Rarely does Molbert make a mistake whether it is in dropping in coverage or forcing the point of attack. Sometimes the extra speed can lead a player to over run a play. There is something to be said for playing smart.
    I have not rewatched game but it seemed like out backers were out of position more than usual on Tuesday. I know the focus was to stop the run and an aggressive D will make some errors but it seemed more than usual.
    I would think that as Q gets more experience, he will do a better job of reading and reacting and not relying on pure speed.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Good lord, Hud has been playing Molbert from day one. He had a hip injury AND Griffen has shown some speed at the position. I know you have to know your job, but playing linebacker is not calculus. I'm sure they will both get plenty of playing time. I'm glad Molbert is on our team, the kid is physical and plays hard every down. I'm just as sure Hud will put who he thinks is best out on the field every downso far so good 13-6 with a bowl win.

One thing for sure qyen is a better pass rusher than molbert

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    It may not be calculus but a good LB has to read his keys. Rarely does Molbert make a mistake whether it is in dropping in coverage or forcing the point of attack. Sometimes the extra speed can lead a player to over run a play. There is something to be said for playing smart.
    I have not rewatched game but it seemed like out backers were out of position more than usual on Tuesday. I know the focus was to stop the run and an aggressive D will make some errors but it seemed more than usual.
    I would think that as Q gets more experience, he will do a better job of reading and reacting and not relying on pure speed.
    I like molbert and am glad he is on our team, and said as much. My point was that he has and will continue to be given chances to play, and that there is no reason to attack Griffen. I think it's simplistic to say molbert is the smart player and griffen is just fast. They both have strengths and I trust the coaches will continue to mix them both in in an attempt to maximize their strengths.

I certainly was not attacking Q. I think he is a good player with a lot to offer but I would like to see him more on passing downs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information