Default Re: 2005 Homecoming Attendance at Troy game

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    The stars are lining up.......

Cajuns on a roll

School to the East not playing

Homecoming

This game really means something

Weather will be nice

That would be my guess too. I have talk to several girls that I work with that are students but are gonna be going for the first time. They are generally not big sports fans but I hope I can convert them this weekend.

2. UL Football Re: Attendance for Homecoming 2006

Default Re: 2005 Homecoming Attendance at Troy game

Quote Originally Posted by Ewhite
    I think I just had a Billy moment grins....
    Whew! Your head's gotta be spinning!

4. UL Football Re: Attendance for Homecoming 2006

Attendance.....no excuses for the weekend people. Nice weather, no LSU home game. Believe it or not, some people will find one. Sure, they want to tailgate, but when kickoff arrives, there butts will stay put in the parking lot. As a football fan, and big Cajun fan, I cannot understand why people would not attend this game. Some people say, well if they were winning, or if they put a better product on the field. But yet, these people cry and cry, and don't support the team when they are winning. Go figure! If more people would see it as an oppourtunity to have the game as a family outing, then more interest would be there. One thing is for sure, I will be there winning or losing!

Go Cajuns!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Attendance for Homecoming 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Turbine... you've been watching too much price is right!!!!

UL Football Re: Attendance for Homecoming 2006

My guess is 22,595 inside and 2000 in the parking lot

I'm curious on how our other game predictions went? I used to always go to ragincajuns.com after the game to check the game stats, but you all know that's impossible now.

I am optomistic, but I'm not quite sure 25k is the magic number.

We were getting bigger crowds in 2002,2003 and then we've had a dropoff since then. I think the first two games were around 15 - 17k and weather did affect those games. I wouldn't expect 10k just to pop out of the blue, but it's homecoming and people will be coming from all over to return home. NO LSU A&M.... nice weather....

I'd love to see 27k, but with 4k in the parking lot and some kids getting lost on the way to the game... I'll say 22,931

As I posted in another thread...FYI...As of 1730 today: the north end zone tailgating area is full and for the first time that I've seen (Last 7 years), it also looks like there will be a band set up. The east side is still wide open. Tomorrow will be most excellent.

Also, it has been an Extremely long time since I have seen so many campers parked along Bertrand Dr. Esp 2 deep.

it is sad that it takes all these senerios to happen to get a good crowd. We should be averaging about 25k every game. Another thing is hopefully the alcholics can give up there drinks and come in to the game at least a half hour before the game, and not half way through the first quarter!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79
    it is sad that it takes all these senerios to happen to get a good crowd. We should be averaging about 25k every game. Another thing is hopefully the alcholics can give up there drinks and come in to the game at least a half hour before the game, and not half way through the first quarter!
    Good idea. everyone control your alkeys tomorrow and take all their booze away at 330 so they have no other choice.

I always make sure that my music is off, the flag down, and all the coolers are put away by about 30 before kickoff. the tidying spirit usually spreads and everyone follows suit and we are all of to the game.

If we can get 25,000+, I dont think that there is a way that we can lose. Like bustle said, the crowd is like spinich to popeye, we'll roll over, around, and through them!

Tuffguy

13. Default Re: Attendance for Homecoming 2006

I'll be there of course, and I know of at least ten people that are going to the game and it'll be their first time in years. At least one of them has even told me he is now considering buying season tickets and getting on board our train. "Full Steam Ahead!" The red is spreading, people. Let's hope the Cajuns can win and continue the trend! Geaux Cajuns!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Heading out of BR in a few minutes to go to the game... It's good to see the "massive communal experience" happening Cajun-style at Cajun Field... again. Great weather, lotsa fun, and a big win... even though I get up early tomorrow morning and drive to the Saints game, I am going to lose my voice at the UL game.
    Attendance: 25,842
    GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!!

This is so COOL Re: Attendance for Homecoming 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat
    As I posted in another thread...FYI...As of 1730 today: the north end zone tailgating area is full and for the first time that I've seen (Last 7 years), it also looks like there will be a band set up. The east side is still wide open. Tomorrow will be most excellent.
    thats great news. be sure to eat one of you're famous guatamalen chicken sandwhiches for me. I'll be there in spirit, can't get out of nola this weekend!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information