Thread: BCS Rankings

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default BCS Rankings

Has anyone seen the new BCS rankings. I've always kinda liked the BCS, because while it wasn't perfect, everyone was judged by the same standards, plus it pitted two top teams at the end of the season. Even though it didn't always work out perfectly, we saw a battle of the titans at the end of the year.

But now, with the AP pulling out, it is a joke. Tenn. is ranked behind Cal, who they beat the crap out of. Tenn. is 5-1, only loss to high-powered Florida, and ranked below Cal. whose only loss is to TENN! auburn is all the way up at #4 I think. They are in line for the NC now. #1 Ohio State or #3 Michigan will have at least one loss due to their game in a few weeks. If USC blunders, which seems very likely due to their barely getting by lately, then Auburn is right there.

It will be a crap shoot this year depending on what happens with the SEC, Big 12, and Big East Championship games, especially with WVU and L'ville, both being in the top 7 and UF and AUburn being in the Top6. If Texas can get to and survive the Big 12 title game, they could also be line for the NC game.

While I think the BCS rankings are screwy now, there will at least be a lot of tight races to get into those big games.

Default Re: BCS Rankings

[QUOTE=rhineaux]

It will be a crap shoot this year depending on what happens with the SEC, Big 12, and Big East Championship games, especially with WVU and L'ville, both being in the top 7 and UF and AUburn being in the Top6. If Texas can get to and survive the Big 12 title game, they could also be line for the NC game.

QUOTE]

Big East doesn't have a championship game. But I do agree with you its a crap shoot. Before the season started I thought anyone in the top 20 had a real shot at the title and as the season has progressed it has pretty much been that way.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

[QUOTE=Clutch0364]

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux

QUOTE]

Big East doesn't have a championship game. But I do agree with you its a crap shoot. Before the season started I thought anyone in the top 20 had a real shot at the title and as the season has progressed it has pretty much been that way.
    I thought they did, but you are right. I guess I was just thinking that a conference with 16 basketball teams would have more than 8 football teams, at least having close to enough to get a championship game. That is retarded. Well, WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers all play each other in a few weeks, so that might be better than a conference championship game, for the fans at least. The conference won't get to treat it like a real chamionship game, get corporate sponsorship, charge $60+ for tickets, and $10 for nachos and march to the bank, so it actually works out better. I don't think that Rutgers has enough umph to get all the way to the NC game, there are too many teams in front of them. but, they do have the oppurtunity to be the spoiler for the other two teams, and if they make it out of those two games undeafeated, they definitely get a BCS game. so, they have lots to play for. It should make for some great games. And how about the Rutgers rushing offense taking on the WVU rushing offense. They could combine for 800 yds rushing in that game.

[QUOTE=rhineaux]

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364

I thought they did, but you are right. I guess I was just thinking that a conference with 16 basketball teams would have more than 8 football teams, at least having close to enough to get a championship game. That is retarded. Well, WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers all play each other in a few weeks, so that might be better than a conference championship game, for the fans at least. The conference won't get to treat it like a real chamionship game, get corporate sponsorship, charge $60+ for tickets, and $10 for nachos and march to the bank, so it actually works out better. I don't think that Rutgers has enough umph to get all the way to the NC game, there are too many teams in front of them. but, they do have the oppurtunity to be the spoiler for the other two teams, and if they make it out of those two games undeafeated, they definitely get a BCS game. so, they have lots to play for. It should make for some great games. And how about the Rutgers rushing offense taking on the WVU rushing offense. They could combine for 800 yds rushing in that game.
    You mention Rutgers , Louisville, and WVU.also those will be battles of the new breed of coachs. Can't wait for the Louisville WVU game becuase it will probably be one of the best games this year.

[QUOTE=Clutch0364]

You mention Rutgers , Louisville, and WVU.also those will be battles of the new breed of coachs. Can't wait for the Louisville WVU game becuase it will probably be one of the best games this year.
    The best game so far this year that I have seen was the TN-GA game. The final score doesn't indicate the intensity and excitement, because TN had some scores at the end due to GA going in the "tank"

[QUOTE=Clutch0364]

I think one of the coolest things about college football right now is that, a little more than halfway through the season, fans from any number of schools can make arguments as to how their team can position themselves for a NC. I think most of us would be in agreement that its Ohio State and everyone else, especially since they get Michigan at home. but they still have to play michigan, Michigan still has to play OSU. USC still has Oregan, Cal, and Notre Dame. The two top SEC schools should be fine but the have the Conference Championship games. And so on and so on. I could list scenarios for the just about the rest of the schools in the Top 10.

Thread Information