Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

Default Re: UL Defense shines on National TV, FAU fans do not

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    The play calling was fine. The execution was awful. Babb had his worst night as a Cajun. Slow and/or wrong on his reads, did not fool anyone with his ball handling, ran like he was scared. Just bad, no way around it. But it wasn't the playcalling.
    what game were you watching? its hard to execute when the other team knows what play you're gonna run! they were so predictable it was laughable! i, for the vast majority of the time, like bustles play calling, but lets face it that was so vanilla! did like the way our defense played though. they looked like they wanted to be there.

Default Re: National TV Embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    It has nothing to do with that they say something negative.his first post are of the negative variety after a bad game.I am not the smartest person but if yoru a true fan don't you post during the good and bad times.
    I have been a fan since I was in diapers. My dad played baseball for the cajuns, I graduated from UL, and I am now 32 years old, and was a member of the 1st Young Ragin Cajun Club about 25 years ago. Does that qualify? I just joined the site recently, and I enjoy reading everyone's opinion, but hadn't posted yet. If I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't have said anything. I know some of the biggest Cajun supporters who probably can't even turn on a computer, much less negotiate their way to this site.

Once again, If anything I said hurt any fan's feelings, I apologize. If any players read this and I hurt their feelings, good. Get over it, and get fired up. Fan's can be overly critical at times and if you can't handle it, you are not cut out for college sports. Little League is played for fun. When you get to this level, you play to win. During the game they listed one of the great traditions at Notre Dame as slapping the "Play like a champion, Today" sign before heading out on the field. I don't think we as fans deserve anything less.

Anyway, I have calmed down from last night and have moved on. I just wanted to see if anyone was watching the same game, and noticed the same things I did. Looks like some did. Looks like some think I'm too negative. I like to call it competitive.

The header for my post was meant to start a discussion. Now that it's changed, maybe they should consider changing the name of the message board from "RAGE PAGE", to "IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL PAGE". And yes, I am just trying to be funny.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker
    I have been a fan since I was in diapers. My dad played baseball for the cajuns, I graduated from UL, and I am now 32 years old, and was a member of the 1st Young Ragin Cajun Club about 25 years ago. Does that qualify? I just joined the site recently, and I enjoy reading everyone's opinion, but hadn't posted yet. If I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't have said anything. I know some of the biggest Cajun supporters who probably can't even turn on a computer, much less negotiate their way to this site.

Once again, If anything I said hurt any fan's feelings, I apologize. If any players read this and I hurt their feelings, good. Get over it, and get fired up. Fan's can be overly critical at times and if you can't handle it, you are not cut out for college sports. Little League is played for fun. When you get to this level, you play to win. During the game they listed one of the great traditions at Notre Dame as slapping the "Play like a champion, Today" sign before heading out on the field. I don't think we as fans deserve anything less.

Anyway, I have calmed down from last night and have moved on. I just wanted to see if anyone was watching the same game, and noticed the same things I did. Looks like some did. Looks like some think I'm too negative. I like to call it competitive.

The header for my post was meant to start a discussion. Now that it's changed, maybe they should consider changing the name of the message board from "RAGE PAGE", to "IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL PAGE". And yes, I am just trying to be funny.
    Glad to have you aboard. Things have cooled down since last night. Your opinions are certainly welcome. We all get knocked around here from time to time. We have had some problems with the "neighbors" running in and around here taking uneccessary shots at us, so some are a bit leery about newcomers. In fact the "neighbors" showed up last night. LOL!!

Welcome to the board, your thoughts and comments are always welcome.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    I just don't get complaining about a win. Let the folks in BR do that.

That is not to say that there are things we can do better. Of course that's the case.
    I have said many times that Cajun fans, including myself, are guilty of not knowing how to lose, and not knowing how to win. By that I mean that nothing is ever rightwe shoul've scored 70 points, we should have played better cause we were on national TV, etc.

Now if you really want to complain about something do so if the sun doesn't rise in the East or set in the West.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: National TV Embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Glad to have you aboard. Things have cooled down since last night. Your opinions are certainly welcome. We all get knocked around here from time to time. We have had some problems with the "neighbors" running in and around here taking uneccessary shots at us, so some are a bit leery about newcomers. In fact the "neighbors" showed up last night. LOL!!

Welcome to the board, your thoughts and comments are always welcome.

Z.

Shocker,

I agree with Z, I agree with a lot of what you said I was as frustrated as you were watching this game.

Hey Z, shocker, and Jim, and Rhineaux and others

I think we can all agree that there were playcalling, execution, and zebra problems last night in the game. I'll take a bad performance on the road in the Sun Belt on National TV, that is a win. Take 4-2 into homecoming and trust our coaching staff to kick our boys tails when they do finally fly back in from Fla. Than to be 0-1 in conference 3-3 on the year and face Middle.

The true test is coming up on the 28th, followed by another group of test on the 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th of November. 10-2 would be great.

Default Re: Time to settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by TuffGuy84
    I understand the frustration, we won a very ugly game. VERY ugly game, we left roughly 35 points on the field, but its time for some sort of celebrating. Our guys pitched a shutout, and the least talked about unit we have (defense.yes even talked about less than our Special Teams in a positive light) won us a game. Here is a fact that most seem to not think about. If the cajuns won tonite 45-43 in a shootout, we WOULD NOT be harping on the defense like we are harping on the offense. There were 6 turnovers, but we also held them to about 250 yards total offense, 0 points, and 6 turnovers.thats what you call a butt whippen! Those 6 turnovers werent just flukes either, for instance, that pop we had on their running back could be the hardest hit I've seen all year long! They were deep in our territory, and legitimately, that took points off the board for them!

With that said, we need Brandon Cox healthy for our offense to run right, I was dissapointed at the end of the game as it seemed like we were gonna try to run out the clock when I thought we needed to get a first or 2 to insure the win. I do have to give some credit to FAU, they are NOT as bas as their 2-5 record, and I think that its possible that they win out, or win 5 of the last 6 for a 6-6/7-5 type record. Very good team defense and coached VERY well. They did beat ULM on the road , and we beat them on the road and road wins are just not easy to come by.

The bright side of all this is this.we have the best overall record in conference, we're one of 4 teams that are undefeated in conference, and we knocked off a team that was, we have the longest conference winning streat (6 games), and a decent sized non-bcs win streak (which is who we need to compare ourselves to) at 9 games now. We've won our last 4 conference road games, and only go on the road in conference 2 more times (Troy and FIU).

Final summation, we didnt show our our offense on the national scale.but we sure as hell showcased our Defense to the whole world by making FAU look like a junior high offense.

Like rex grossman said after Chicago beat Arizona, "Lets celebrate the win for right now.we'll have all week (for us, 10 days) to talk about how bad our offense played"

Tuffguy
    Good for you, Tuffy. And here is a plus for all of us.according to the National Weather Service the sun rose in the East and will set in the West today. So it ain't all bad.

I have a Question last nights replay challenges

I understand this is fairly new to the sunbelt, howevever, I don't think they got one call right!"#1 Ul's catch in which one foot was obviously in bounds" #2 the interception right before the half that clearly hit the ground".Not sure if there were anymore. I know they don't use the same camera's veiws that the audience was seeing but man, what were they looking at? What a useless system if they can't get these obvious calls right. Yes, we won, and I'm not complaining, They definetly have some work to get it right,but It just frustrates me.

8. Default Re: last nights replay challenges

Quote Originally Posted by leeman
    I understand this is fairly new to the sunbelt, howevever, I don't think they got one call right!"#1 Ul's catch in which one foot was obviously in bounds" #2 the interception right before the half that clearly hit the ground".Not sure if there were anymore. I know they don't use the same camera's veiws that the audience was seeing but man, what were they looking at? What a useless system if they can't get these obvious calls right. Yes, we won, and I'm not complaining, They definetly have some work to get it right,but It just frustrates me.
    On the cajuns' catch you are refering to, it seemed as if the receiver was still juggling the ball when the first foot came down, then had solid possession but then the second foot came down just on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker

I don't have any problem with an opinion from a true fan and I won't say your not. But it has been seen on this board where we get haressed from other schools not to be named. It was just that your first post were of the negative variety that cast doubt. I take back what I have said and I look forward to good conversation in the future.

I am not going to say I don't agree with a lot that you said but I don't doubt our offense. They didn't show up last night but the part of the team that I worried about before the season did show up. If I our defense can play like it has the last few weeks and our offense play like it is capable (the Houston and Eastern Michigan) I don't see us losing but we can't paly like we did last night and completely rely on our defense. We have had to win with our offense the last few years and I take it as a positive that our defense went out and won the game for us. Monday night the Bears offense didn't show up and it made people more reassured about how good they were because the defense was able to win the game for them and I look at the game last night the same as that game. Ok I am rambling now. Peace out!!!

10. UL Football Re: Student section moved for UL game

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    "The student section and band will be moved to the visitor sideline for the UL game to not have shots of empty stands on ESPN2. The sidelines will be closed off to fans."
    They moved everyone to the wrong side.

jmo

Default Re: last nights replay challenges

Quote Originally Posted by leeman
    Have you ever attended a SBC game? If the SBC is going to depend on cameras to ascertain or deny play calls, they had better get plenty of cameras and place them in strategic locations. SBC officiating is not the best(how's that for a profound statement) and its all due to " getting what you pay for".

Default Re: Student section moved for UL game

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    HA! That was classic!
    Blue dog tarps. Only at Latex. LOL!!!

Default Re: Student section moved for UL game

Quote Originally Posted by BSDetector007
    We have no room to talk about empty seats or fan attendance at home games!! Pot calling kettle black!!
    When we cover half our stadium stands with empty crawfish sacks to hide empty seats then we have no room to talk.

Default Re: THANK YOU DEFENSE

For all of you folks, this is breaking news.the NWS declared that the sun rose in the East this A.M, and predicts it will set in the West this P.M. Now this is significant cause if it doesn't occur as predicted all this _____ing and moaning doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Cool it foks! Enjoy your blessings. Last night was a mere speed bump in life. And before anyone gets on my case, I was upset last night while watching the game with some friends, including USLJim. But the gumbo and potato salad has settled and I have come to my senses.the food and the friends were great! The game? Could've been better, but we are 4-2 right now. I expect next Saturday, at around 7 P.M., we will be 5-2. If we aren't I hope the NWS has another good prediction of sunrise and sunset for Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    I really doubt he is a fan

Corndog maybe.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . LastLast

Thread Information