Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

Ragin' Cajuns Re: THANK YOU DEFENSE

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    It has taken you 40 years to get sick of the mediocrity? It has been this long, be patient. People on this board talk and talk and talk so much that they work themselves up too much. When you spend the last three days breaking down every itty bitty aspect of this game and how we will go to the NO Bowl, and we are on the way to the top and going to C-USA, and this and that, it jades your whole perspective on things. The offense had a bad game. "A" bad game. when was the last time that happened? The coaches had a bad game of play calling. It happens. Just becasue its a coach, doesn't mean they aren't learning how to win and get better either. They are trying to learn how to jump on teams, put them away, and when they can't succeed with that, they are trying to learn how to balance how much to alter their gameplan.

I'm not taking up for that garbage last night. It was what it was. But if you've waited this long, wait a little longer. It is one game. This team doesn't seem like the sort to just start rolling over and quit the year. They won, they'll analyze their mistakes this week, and learn form them and beat the ____ out of MTSU
    I never implied that the team is going to rollover and quit. We better play much better on offense or we are gonna get our butts beat. Our defense can just do so much OFFENSE . Too bad we can't sit around and jaw cause I think it would be constructive. I will not give up on them. In fact I told the guys I was watching the game with last night " You watch , Bustle doesn't put all his eggs in the first half, wait til the second half" I believe but I believe we can't have another offensive outing like last night or we won't be going to NO.
    And Another thing, why are they not utilizing Desormeaux on offenes. This kid is the best all around athlete UL has had since Brian Mitchell. Dez is awesome and fun to watch . Come you have got to agree with me on this.

Later

GEAUX CAJUNS.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL-FAU update: It's on TV, but don't adjust your set

Quote Originally Posted by BSDetector007
    clutch, why don't you go off somewhere and bleed your brake lines and change your pads while you're at it. We're horrible on offense and you or anyone else cannot tell me otherwise. We were lucky to get a W vs. what is turning out to be a very mediocre houston team. Face it dude.we have a loooooooooooooooong ways to go before we can ever think about playing in that New Orleans bowl.
    Looks like every team in the state is turning out to be mediocre this year

bummer.

Cajuns 4-2!

Z.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: National TV Embarrassment

Why is it that anytime somebody expresses disgust with something the team does or the coaches do, you say they aren't a fan. Just because it is not phrased ni a positive way, doesn't mean its not support
    Absolutely. 90% of the criticism posted was justified. AGAIN. for those who cannot tolerate anything but the positives. it was a W and we are 4-2. The aggravation was that it was on national TV, and regardless of every comment on who did what well, the offensive play calls (and execution) were very poor. We all have to be thankful that our defense won this game for us. I will support the Cajuns, be at every home game, and I am still very excited about this season. The issue is that our offense cannot let up on future opponents and be gifted by a defensive shutout.

I will spin it for another positive. we won on a bad performance. This gives the coaches a means to get the offense to focus in practice, and continue developing. Geaux Cajuns!!!

4. Default Re: THANK YOU DEFENSE

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    Let's be honest here. The Offense stunk except for Fenroy. The Offensive Coordinator's play calling was pony football, no imagination, we the TV viewers knew what he was gonna call. Time to make some coaching changes.

Unless they have some great talks and practices, I don't think we are going to New Orleans. Faith has nothing to do with reality. If we play like this anymore, we are going to get our butts beat alot.

THIS WAS EMBARRASSING AND ON NATIONAL TV. WE DIDN'T IMPRESS ANYONE. OUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR DIDN'T HELP HIS CHANCES OF MOVING ON TO ANOTHER COLLEGE EITHER.

I don't know one person in our group watching this game tonight was proud of our coaching staff. The defense on the other hand, was awesome.

Thank you defense.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    i didn't hear you say that when we win, lets have a bad game and people like you start showing your true color(purple and gold)for heaven sake lets not have a bad night because you've never had a bad day or night when things didn't go just right or else cut your head offmy god man we had a bad offense night thats it pure and simple and the defense had a great night and sometimes you will have a game where things just don't go the way you plan, it's like a pitcher who is holding hitters down when your hitters are not scoring runs you hold on it happens, an ugle win is better then a lost a year ago all of you was saying we had bad defense and couldn't stop the run never satisfied we won the game bottom line it was dissapointing yes but these kids are human and ____ happens some times give me a break.

Default Re: Time to settle down.

I was disappointed in the Offense but we showed tonight that we could win a game with our defense and that is nice. I feel better about the team now because I knew the offense would be able to do something this year, I didn't know what the defense would do.and guess what the defense stepped up.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Absolutely. 90% of the criticism posted was justified. AGAIN. for those who cannot tolerate anything but the positives. it was a W and we are 4-2. The aggravation was that it was on national TV, and regardless of every comment on who did what well, the offensive play calls (and execution) were very poor. We all have to be thankful that our defense won this game for us. I will support the Cajuns, be at every home game, and I am still very excited about this season. The issue is that our offense cannot let up on future opponents and be gifted by a defensive shutout.

I will spin it for another positive. we won on a bad performance. This gives the coaches a means to get the offense to focus in practice, and continue developing. Geaux Cajuns!!!
    WE WON ON A BAD PERFORMANCE!!! with apologies to "bad eye" Stewart Scott."BOOYAHHHHH"

Would have been a loss 2 years ago.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More

I just don't get complaining about a win. Let the folks in BR do that.

That is not to say that there are things we can do better. Of course that's the case.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: THANK YOU DEFENSE

My loyalty will always be to the Cajuns, but this is not the only time we have not be able to produce in KEY games. TOO inconsistant for me.

Our offensive coordinator did nothing to counter their defense, that is what I should have stated. I still am not impressed with our offensive coordinator. SORRY.

Geaux Cajuns
    There was nothing wrong with the play calling. There was a problem with play execution. Babb stunk up the joint last night. He consistantly was slow and/or wrong on his 'reads', and when he kept the ball he was very tentative running with it. If Babb is his usual self last night, he would have rushed for over 100 and FAU would have been forced to abandon the run blitz they used on virtually every running situation down, or risk being torched for 50.

Think about it. In every other game this year, even the losses to aTm and state, when Babb executed the option you had trouble picking up who had the ball. Last night, you knew. Every time. That is Babb having a very 'off' night.

I do believe that we should have brought in Desormeaux for at least a series or two, to see if he was sharper than Babb; but as far as play calling, it was fine.

Default Re: FAU Game

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Just got in, (work) saw last 20 seconds of game. Geaux Michael Adams.

Had wiife hit record :15 minutes before kickoff so I will get to watch it.
    Much less stressful that way I was driving home and my son was on the phone with me describing the last couple of plays. Watched my "tape delay" in just over an hour then hit the sack. Offense did get very predictable; but GREAT job by the defense last night. Its a win!

Default Re: UL Defense shines on National TV, FAU fans do not

won despite a bad performance, a W is a W, blah blah blah. it just really sucks and very frustrating that it had to be on national television! that was not a good showing for our university. the play calling in that game was abhorent! i'm sorry guys, there's no way around that! i think this will be a big wake up call for us and we'll come out firing on all cylinders next week. i'm just glad that wake up call was a bad win and not a loss! go cajuns!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    I just don't get complaining about a win. Let the folks in BR do that.

That is not to say that there are things we can do better. Of course that's the case.
    There is a huge difference between complaining about a win and complaining about a performance. Remember that.

There is a huge difference between complaining about a win and complaining about a performance. Remember that.
    true that!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: THANK YOU DEFENSE

I never implied that the team is going to rollover and quit. We better play much better on offense or we are gonna get our butts beat. Our defense can just do so much OFFENSE . Too bad we can't sit around and jaw cause I think it would be constructive. I will not give up on them. In fact I told the guys I was watching the game with last night " You watch , Bustle doesn't put all his eggs in the first half, wait til the second half" I believe but I believe we can't have another offensive outing like last night or we won't be going to NO.
    And Another thing, why are they not utilizing Desormeaux on offenes. This kid is the best all around athlete UL has had since Brian Mitchell. Dez is awesome and fun to watch . Come you have got to agree with me on this.

Later

GEAUX CAJUNS.
    I agree. A bad performance is not in question. This team is not the one from a couple years ago, which would have lost that game. This team makes me feel liek they will learn from this and improve. Like someone said, walking out of that game with a win proves we have a good team. And, one side of the ball picking up the other side when one side is not on for the night also proves this is a good team.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: UL Defense shines on National TV, FAU fans do not

Quote Originally Posted by jamesthejeweler
    won despite a bad performance, a W is a W, blah blah blah. it just really sucks and very frustrating that it had to be on national television! that was not a good showing for our university. the play calling in that game was abhorent! i'm sorry guys, there's no way around that! i think this will be a big wake up call for us and we'll come out firing on all cylinders next week. i'm just glad that wake up call was a bad win and not a loss! go cajuns!
    The play calling was fine. The execution was awful. Babb had his worst night as a Cajun. Slow and/or wrong on his reads, did not fool anyone with his ball handling, ran like he was scared. Just bad, no way around it. But it wasn't the playcalling.

UL Football Re: UL Defense shines on National TV, FAU fans do not

Watching this game start to finish was like taking medicine. Our play calling was very predictable. Our play by qb and receivers was very sloppy. It was just a terrible football game to watch. We definately need someone on offense to step up besides Fenroy Don't get me wrong I am glad we won but we looked like a team that was playing with only 5 to 10 plays to choose from.

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 . LastLast

Thread Information