Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: UL-6 FAU-0

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog308
    Yeah, we got a W. But I am still red in the face for the way our offense played, and the play calling. I too was calling the plays in advance. Be it me being familiar with our offensive playcalling, or just plain lucky. 5 turnovers created by the defense, and 6 points put up by the offense . I'm sorry, but to me that is totally unacceptable. I know, we got the W. Congrats to the Cajuns. 4-2 comin into the Swamp next weekend. I'm 100% sure they'll give us a great show.
    FENROY ONLY HAS 19 CARRIES FOR THE GAME? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? AND WHY THE HELL WAS BABB STUCK IN THE POCKET THE WHOLE GAME, THEY HARDLY HAD ANY PLAYS TO THE OUTSIDE, RUNNING OR PASSING. GET BABB ON THE MOVE SO HE CAN MAKE PLAYS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

2. USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: UL-FAU update: It's on TV, but don't adjust your set

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    You on our board is pretty pitiful.so do us a favor and leave.
    clutch, why don't you go off somewhere and bleed your brake lines and change your pads while you're at it. We're horrible on offense and you or anyone else cannot tell me otherwise. We were lucky to get a W vs. what is turning out to be a very mediocre houston team. Face it dude.we have a loooooooooooooooong ways to go before we can ever think about playing in that New Orleans bowl.

3. Default Re: FAU Game

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    I'm sure it will be more "enjoyable" to watch when you know the outcome.

With the outcome in doubt, it's pretty much assured that it will take me a while to get to sleep.
    I can't imagine, my blood pressure went through the roof just watching the last 20 seconds.

From what I know right now I am just happy we didn't pull an "Arizona Cardinal" in that we didn't allow a team to beat us even though the offense did little with the 5 turnovers.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Student section moved for UL game

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    This really shouldn't have been the nationally televised game. The attendenece will make the belt look bad.
    I saw a mid-week game a few weeks ago with N. Ill. and someone else in their conference. Same situation in the stands. I don't think it looks bad for the belt. It looks bad for the school. Plus, they are a new program, trying to build a fanbase in a large metro area. they shouldn't expect too much.

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    FENROY ONLY HAS 19 CARRIES FOR THE GAME? WHAT the :confused: IS THAT? AND WHY the :confused: WAS BABB STUCK IN THE POCKET THE WHOLE GAME, THEY HARDLY HAD ANY PLAYS TO THE OUTSIDE, RUNNING OR PASSING. GET BABB ON THE MOVE SO HE CAN MAKE PLAYS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.
    Well, there were two teams out there.

You have to give FAU's Defense credit. They played a whale of a game.

Nuff said.

The FAU coaches had the whole offseason to figure out how they were going to stop our spread offense. Look for the Cajun coaches to make the right adjustments.

8. Default Re: UL-6 FAU-0

ditto

Default Re: FAU Game

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I can't imagine, my blood pressure went through the roof just watching the last 20 seconds.

From what I know right now I am just happy we didn't pull an "Arizona Cardinal" in that we didn't allow a team to beat us even though the offense did little with the 5 turnovers.
    Watch it for one of the grittiest defensive games in Cajun history.

The turnovers weren't by accident. You're going to see a fumble on a punt return that was caused by one h ll of a wallop by a cajun defender.

I don't know when I'm going to sleep tonight. But I will sleep better with the knowledge that it actually WAS a win.

Bull ____! He was averaging 4+ yards a carry. That's not good run defense. You feed the monster and for every play he gets stopped at the line, then there are two plays he gets 5 or 6 yards. If they give FAU a steady dose from the get-go, mixing in Wallace every 5-6 plays, that front seven has nothing left at the end of the game when you are trying to get a first down to tak etime off the clock.

Default Re: THANK YOU DEFENSE

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    Let's be honest here. The Offense stunk except for Fenroy. The Offensive Coordinator's play calling was pony football, no imagination, we the TV viewers knew what he was gonna call. Time to make some coaching changes.

Unless they have some great talks and practices, I don't think we are going to New Orleans. Faith has nothing to do with reality. If we play like this anymore, we are going to get our butts beat alot.

THIS WAS EMBARRASSING AND ON NATIONAL TV. WE DIDN'T IMPRESS ANYONE. OUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR DIDN'T HELP HIS CHANCES OF MOVING ON TO ANOTHER COLLEGE EITHER.

I don't know one person in our group watching this game tonight was proud of our coaching staff. The defense on the other hand, was awesome.

Thank you defense.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    I do not think you can judge an offensive coordinator on one game. Lets see if he makes adjustments on next's week game.

12. USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: FAU Game Time Info

Well, let's be honest here. You've had less than a dozen posts here and none of them are flattering.

I feel like I have to remind you that WE WON THE F G game!

RELAX. Winning on the road in college football is one of the toughest things to do. Or did you think that Houston game was a cake walk?

I trust our coaches to make the right adjustments.
    Relax. People get too carried away and paranoid with new posters on any cajuns message board. Not everybody that comes here to post their own opinions should be frowned upon or do you have to be a poster since this board was created to be with "the in crowd"?

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Bull ____! He was averaging 4+ yards a carry. That's not good run defense. You feed the monster and for every play he gets stopped at the line, then there are two plays he gets 5 or 6 yards. If they give FAU a steady dose from the get-go, mixing in Wallace every 5-6 plays, that front seven has nothing left at the end of the game when you are trying to get a first down to tak etime off the clock.
    It looks like FAU use the same defense the Saints use against Atlanta to stop their spread offense.

Default 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

I'm sorry, but FAUs defense did not play a great game, as some have said in other posts. It is easy to defend the same play again, and again, and again.

When you have a 1st and 10 in the redzone, with a 6 point lead, you go for the TD. You don't play for a field goal just to make it a two score game. Edmiston will miss one every now and then, obviously.

Two things that almost cost us the game
    1- Horrible play calling
    2- Complete lack of effort and emotion

I love the Cajuns, but that was laughable.

15. USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: THANK YOU DEFENSE

Quote Originally Posted by laragincajun
    I do not think you can judge an offensive coordinator on one game. Lets see if he makes adjustments on next's week game.
    I agree, but this junk has been going on for a looooooooooong time now. Time for some changes to be made.

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst . 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 . LastLast

Thread Information