Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

UL Football From FAU board - WANTED: Receivers for Wednesday's Game!!!

Anyone feel like suiting up and helping the Owls out this week?

FAU receiver Simeon questionable for Louisiana
    By Marcus Nelson

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Monday, October 16, 2006

BOCA RATON — Florida Atlantic's receiving corps is in pain.

Frantz Simeon, FAU's biggest receiving threat, separated his shoulder in Thursday's victory against Southern Utah.

Simeon was listed as questionable by the school for Wednesday's game against Louisiana.

Also, senior receiver Casey McGahee has a sprained ankle.

McGahee and Simeon, the two most experienced receivers on the team, join freshman Cortez Gent, who missed Thursday's game with an ankle injury and is questionable Wednesday, and Chris Bonner, who is sick and hasn't practiced in two days.

"None of this is good," coach Howard Schnellenberger said.

No decision has been made to who will start Wednesday, but freshman receiver Avery Holley, who scored his second touchdown of the season against Southern Utah, took many snaps with the first-team offense in practice Sunday alongside junior Chad Wilkes, who has started three games of the season.

Default Re: From FAU board - WANTED: Receivers for Wednesday's Game!!!

One word. (or maybe it's two)

UH-OH!!!

3. Default Re: Less than 30 hours to kick off

Quote Originally Posted by snote
    wished to say "whoaa this is a fun year"

as we await the game wednesday. and make our plans. i wanted to encourage everyone to gather with a group to watch always much more fun i have found whether it be a friend's house or one of the many fine sports bars we have in the area do get out and cheer with those like minded

still not 100% sure but am anticipating making a call to florida in the am to do the sportsnote's weekly gig with qb jerry babb am 100% sure i will be calling just not 100% that our "babb boy" will be answering (smiles)

on to victory and hope to see you out and about for the game (kickoff 6:30)
    Get our boy Babb on the phone tomorrow. I'll call in and talk to him.

Default Re: What do YOU say, and what do THEY say?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    1.)What do you think about the FAU game? Realistically, what are our chances for a W? What will need to happen for us to get a W? What should we expect to see from FAU?
    i agree with the Vegas line that has the Cajuns as an 11 point favorite on the road, and a double digit favorite's odds on the road are pretty darn good. The Cajun Defense will have to continue to limit yards after the catch as they have done for thge last 3 games. and the offense needs to be able to run the ball and use up the clock. FAUill be a well-coached team. a team certainly capable of beating the Cajuns. similar to the Cajuns in Houston last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    2.)Also, what is FAU saying about us (fans/players/etc.)? I have no access to FAU boards, etc and I was just curious.
    From what I read in Blogs in The Sun Sentinel FAU is looking at this game as a test. and they are confident after defeating us at our house last.

In my opinion, the fact that FAU won that game, makes me feel extra certain that the Cajuns will take care of business Wednesday night

UL Football Re: What do YOU say, and what do THEY say?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue
    i agree with the Vegas line that has the Cajuns as an 11 point favorite on the road, and a double digit favorite's odds on the road are pretty darn good. The Cajun Defense will have to continue to limit yards after the catch as they have done for thge last 3 games. and the offense needs to be able to run the ball and use up the clock. FAUill be a well-coached team. a team certainly capable of beating the Cajuns. similar to the Cajuns in Houston last week.

From what I read in Blogs in The Sun Sentinel FAU is looking at this game as a test. and they are confident after defeating us at our house last.

In my opinion, the fact that FAU won that game, makes me feel extra certain that the Cajuns will take care of business Wednesday night
    Anything is possible, as the game is played! I, like many want the Cajuns to WIN and continue as they have played the last 3 games and even improve, and that is what it will take for the Cajuns to win.

Houston, was confident, they were at home and they had beat us last, lets hope our players are not over confident like some of our Fans.

I know we are all having fun with this new success, but I want the team focused and bringing home a W!!!!!

One Play, One Game at a time,
    DaddyCajun

Default Re: From FAU board - WANTED: Receivers for Wednesday's Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    One word. (or maybe it's two)

UH-OH!!!
    Yeah, you don't think Schnellenberger is sandbagging, do you? Although a separated shoulder is pretty tough, I have heard of guys with "slight" separations playing. Same with twisted ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Anything is possible, as the game is played! I, like many want the Cajuns to WIN and continue as they have played the last 3 games and even improve, and that is what it will take for the Cajuns to win.

Houston, was confident, they were at home and they had beat us last, lets hope our players are not over confident like some of our Fans.

I know we are all having fun with this new success, but I want the team focused and bringing home a W!!!!!

One Play, One Game at a time,
    DaddyCajun
    Right you are, DC! Let's have fun on this board, but hope the players keep their focus. Geaux Cajuns!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    Right you are, DC! Let's have fun on this board, but hope the players keep their focus. Geaux Cajuns!!!!!
    My concern is how will the guys perform in a road game with virtually no one supporting them in the stadium. Our last two road wins, ULM last year and Houston a couple of weeks back, were games in which we had substantial fan presence in the stadium and that definitely helped the guys. They will have to encourage each other, especially when we run into some rough periods during the game. I generally don't make predictions as to the outcome of individual game and I am not making a prediction for this game, I am predicting how we react to the adversity we will face at some point will determine our fate.

FAU obviously has a great coach. You have to assume he'll have his team prepared to play. Even so, unless we go out and lay an egg we should win.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    My concern is how will the guys perform in a road game with virtually no one supporting them in the stadium. Our last two road wins, ULM last year and Houston a couple of weeks back, were games in which we had substantial fan presence in the stadium and that definitely helped the guys. They will have to encourage each other, especially when we run into some rough periods during the game. I generally don't make predictions as to the outcome of individual game and I am not making a prediction for this game, I am predicting how we react to the adversity we will face at some point will determine our fate.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike
    Mike there wont be very many FAU fans there either. Trust me, it aint LSU.

Z.

12. UL Football Over - Under

* In the colleges, Louisiana-Lafayette doesn’t always have totals on its games at some books, but those that do have the Ragin Cajuns at 4-0 with the over. Louisiana-Lafayette was scheduled to play Wednesday night vs. Florida Atlantic with a total of 47. Other over teams are Rice at 6-1 and Toledo, Houston, Pittsburgh, and Tulane at 5-1. UCLA is 6-0 with the under, Miami-Fla. is 5-0, Ohio St. is 6-1, and Wake Forest is 5-1.

The source of the blurb

13. UL Football UL takes 3-game win streak into SBC game

LAFAYETTE — Expect a shootout when the University of Louisiana at Lafayette football team visits Florida Atlantic tonight in Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

The two teams have surrendered a combined average of 65.3 points per game. Factor in a ULL secondary that has allowed a Sun Belt Conference-leading 252.4 yards and the chains might be on a steady move during the SBC game which kicks off at 6:30 p.m. on ESPN2.

Despite their tendencies to yield points and yardage, the Cajuns and FAU bring winning streaks to the rare Wednesday night contest.

ULL (3-2, 0-0) has totaled 112 points in winning successive games over North Carolina A&T, Eastern Michigan and Houston.

The Cajuns also lead the conference in scoring (24.4 points per game) and face an Owls defense that ranks last in stopping the run (184.3 yards).

FAU (2-4, 1-0) began the season 0-4 before reeling off successive wins over Louisiana-Monroe and Southern Utah.

The rest of the story

BOB ARDOIN
    The Advocate

14. UL Football Owls have attention of nation, foe

Florida Atlantic will find out where it fits in the Sun Belt Conference tonight, and so can the rest of the nation.

ESPN2 is broadcasting the Louisiana-Lafayette-FAU game, which kicks off at 7:30 at Lockhart Stadium, and it is the only Division I-A matchup on the schedule.

"National TV is big time. You want to put your big-boy pants on and go show everybody what we have here," said FAU linebacker Cergile Sincere. "I'm excited. I can't wait."

The Owls (2-4, 1-0) will be facing the preseason pick to win the conference in the Ragin' Cajuns (3-2, 0-0), who have won three in a row.

FAU has a two-game winning streak after starting 0-4, and the players and coaches know this game will show them where they stand, as their six remaining games are all in the conference.

"If we can win against this good Sun Belt team it will give us proof we will be competitive with the balance of the league. That is a good place to be at this juncture of the season," FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger said.

The rest of the story

By Ted Hutton
    South Florida Sun-Sentinel

15. UL Football FAU hopes to slow Louisiana-Lafayette

FAU, which has won two in a row, will try to snap Louisiana-Lafayette's three-game winning streak tonight at home.

Louisiana-Lafayette opened eyes around the Sun Belt Conference on Oct. 7 with a victory over Houston, a team that fell to the University of Miami by a point.

The victory vaulted the Ragin' Cajuns to a lofty status and reinforced their expectations as the preseason favorite to win the conference.

The hype was not lost on Florida Atlantic.

Minutes after the Owls dispatched Southern Utah last week, players shifted their focus to Lafayette.

''They're coming off a big win versus Houston,'' FAU running back Charles Pierre said.

``We're going to prepare as best as we can and try to win the game against these guys again.''

Last year, the Owls prevailed 28-10 at Lafayette, one of the team's two victories all season. FAU trailed 10-7 in that game before it scored the game's final 21 points.

The rest of the story

BY BOB EMANUEL JR.
    bemanuel@MiamiHerald.com

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 . LastLast

Thread Information