Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

Default Re: Cajuns -11 at FAU

All I want is a conference win. Oue season starts here and we are 0-0.

But to have some fun
    Cajuns 38
    FAU 13

Default Re: FAU scouting report

All of us that are outside of Lafayette appreciate these kinds of post!

3. UL Football UL, Florida Atlantic took similar early paths in 2006

UL opened its 2006 football season with a pair of games against nationally-prominent programs, and was popped twice at LSU and Texas A&M by a combined 96-10 score.

Florida Atlantic began its season with four straight road games at Clemson, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and South Carolina, and went 0-4 while being outscored 192-20.

Since then, neither team has lost.

"There are a lot of similarities in the teams we played early," said UL coach Rickey Bustle. "It's been a process of coming back and getting your feet back on the ground and playing like we're capable of playing."

"We never went into a funk in losing to those four teams," said FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger. "We knew we got experience and we learned the velocity and ferocity of the Division I game. Winning two in a row kind of validated that."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

4. UL Football Advertiser; Sun Belt Poll 2006-10-17

1.) Louisiana (3-2, 0-0) - Haven't played since last poll, but Houston's close loss at Southern Miss doesn't take anything away from the win one weekend ago. It's still a little early to make New Orleans Bowl reservations, but right now the Cajuns would be a favorite against every team in the league. Last week: First.

2.) Arkansas State (4-2, 2-0) - ASU won on a hail-Mary on the last play of the game at Memphis, but it wasn't a fluke. The Indians dominated their Conference USA opponent (100 more yards, a 10-minute time of possession advantage, 27 first downs). Maybe they are for real, and the game at UL on Nov. 25 might be huge. Last week: Third.

3.) Middle Tennessee (3-3, 2-0) - Should you drop during an open date? Only with the big win by Arkansas State. Middle has played two straight solid games despite losing to Louisville in one of those. And they're going to face a UL Monroe team that's now out of the hunt. Last week: Second.

The rest of the poll

Homes SO Clean

5. UL Football Advertiser: Sun Belt predictions 2006-10-17

Louisiana at Fla. Atlantic Wednesday (line UL -9) - Just by the numbers, this one shouldn't be that close. But giving up an almost double-figure spread in a conference game on the road is a risky proposition. I'm taking the Jerry Babb factor . he didn't play much against FAU last year and the Cajuns lost. He'll play this year. UL 34-14.

Middle Tennessee at UL Monroe (line MT -4 1/2) - Every time they've needed to come up with a big play or a big win, the Blue Raiders have done it this year. Every time the Warhawks have done the same, they haven't. There's something to be said for knowing how to win. MT 27-17.

The rest of the story

Homes SO Clean

6. UL Football Opponents View: FAU

When Florida Atlantic played Louisiana-Lafayette last season, quarterback Sean Clayton's only action was taking a knee to run out the clock at the end of the game.

Clayton, then the backup to Danny Embick, had watched Embick rally the Owls to a 28-10 win by scoring 21 unanswered points in the fourth quarter.

Wednesday, Clayton will be starting when FAU hosts the Ragin' Cajuns at Lockhart Stadium, and he hopes to lead the Owls to another win over Louisiana-Lafayette in a game with major implications in the Sun Belt Conference.

"They are a really good team, probably the front-runner in the conference," said Clayton, a junior whose improved play helped the Owls (2-4, 1-0) win their past two games.

In FAU's first three games, Clayton passed for 215 yards, with two interceptions and no touchdowns, and he ran 15 times for minus-7 yards.

In the Owls' past three games, Clayton has passed for 438 yards with one interception and four touchdowns, and rushed for 155 yards on 19 carries.

The rest of the story

By Ted Hutton
    South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Homes SO Clean

7. UL Football Line drops despite FAU injury news

Florida Atlantic may be without its top four receivers when they host Louisiana-Lafayette Wednesday night as 8-point dogs.

After opening as high as +10 at some books, the line was dropped to 8 early Monday morning.

FAU listed Casey McGahee (ankle), Cortez Gent (ankle), Chris Bonner (illness) and Frantz Simeon (shoulder) as questionable for the game.

Simeon, FAU`s biggest deep threat, separated his shoulder in Thursday`s 32-7 victory against Southern Utah. No line was set for the contest.

McGahee, a senior, has missed the entire season with a sprained ankle.

Simeon and McGahee were listed as the No. 1 and No. 2 receivers to start the season, with Gent and Bonner listed as No. 3 and No. 4.

Gent, a speedy freshman, missed Thursday’s game and has sparingly practiced this week. He has six catches for 66 yards this year.

The rest of the story

Covers.com

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: FAU scouting report

Quote Originally Posted by imperial cajun
    All of us that are outside of Lafayette appreciate these kinds of post!
    This will now be a weekly thing.thanks for the feedback!

UL Football Re: FAU scouting report

We certainly need to go to FAU focused and play loose and hit very hard. We can not allow another FAU game to get away from us,(one got away from us at The Swamp last year) and/or can not allow a let down after a huge win in Houston!

The program ground work is still being laid but some of the fruits could be picked this season IF we focus and take one game at a time!!

DaddyCajun

Default Less than 30 hours to kick off

wished to say "whoaa this is a fun year"

as we await the game wednesday. and make our plans. i wanted to encourage everyone to gather with a group to watch always much more fun i have found whether it be a friend's house or one of the many fine sports bars we have in the area do get out and cheer with those like minded

still not 100% sure but am anticipating making a call to florida in the am to do the sportsnote's weekly gig with qb jerry babb am 100% sure i will be calling just not 100% that our "babb boy" will be answering (smiles)

on to victory and hope to see you out and about for the game (kickoff 6:30)

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Less than 30 hours to kick off

I just hope that our boys and coach are on their toes and don't overlook this team. They could potentially be very dangerous, especially since they'r eon a 2 game winning streak and opened up the season with some tough opponents. As a matter of fact, I won't even be completely comfortable with a bazillion point lead, at least not until the clock is down to zero. That being said, I think our boys are up to the challenge and will do very well. Here's to a good showing on National TV.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Less than 30 hours to kick off

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    I just hope that our boys and coach are on their toes and don't overlook this team. They could potentially be very dangerous, especially since they'r eon a 2 game winning streak and opened up the season with some tough opponents. As a matter of fact, I won't even be completely comfortable with a bazillion point lead, at least not until the clock is down to zero. That being said, I think our boys are up to the challenge and will do very well. Here's to a good showing on National TV.

God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!!!!!!
    This has been a popular topic and I have commented on it several times. I seem to have arrived a one final thought. We have never dominated this conference and our games have always been close. That may be changing, but I don't think the guys that have been down on the field losing games by a field goal over the last couple of years are thinking they can sleepwalk through their conference schedule. I think they also know that road games stack the odds and are difficult no matter the opponent.

I can't wait for this game. How do we respond on the road after a big road win the week before? I look forward to the answer tomorrow.

Default What do YOU say. What do THEY say?

Because I'm bored and being unproductive at work (slow day), I pose the following questions.

1.)What do you think about the FAU game? Realistically, what are our chances for a W? What will need to happen for us to get a W? What should we expect to see from FAU?

2.)Also, what is FAU saying about us (fans/players/etc.)? I have no access to FAU boards, etc and I was just curious.

Here's to a great game for the Cajuns on ESPN2. I will be obliging my LSU friend to let me come over and watch the game at his place (cuz I have no cable).

Peace and God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Less than 30 hours to kick off

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun
    That may be changing, but I don't think the guys that have been down on the field losing games by a field goal over the last couple of years are thinking they can sleepwalk through their conference schedule. I think they also know that road games stack the odds and are difficult no matter the opponent.

I can't wait for this game. How do we respond on the road after a big road win the week before? I look forward to the answer tomorrow.
    One thing for sure, most of our starters will remember the game from last year. I doubt they will take this team lightly. I am certain coach has pleanty of film showing each and every player from last years game how many errors they made individually and as a team.

Default Re: What do YOU say, and what do THEY say?

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    Because I'm bored and being unproductive at work (slow day), I pose the following questions.

1.)What do you think about the FAU game? Realistically, what are our chances for a W? What will need to happen for us to get a W? What should we expect to see from FAU?

2.)Also, what is FAU saying about us (fans/players/etc.)? I have no access to FAU boards, etc and I was just curious.

Here's to a great game for the Cajuns on ESPN2. I will be obliging my LSU friend to let me come over and watch the game at his place (cuz I have no cable).

Peace and God Bless

GEAUX UL RAGIN CAJUNS!!!!!!
    1) For us to win we have to play the same way we have played the last three weeks. If we do that it's in the bag.

2) They are scared for their lives

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information