Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

Default Re: FAU

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    Brilliant!!!

(like on the commercials.lol)
    They have been pretty predictable so far. Lost to the teams they were supposed to lose to. Handled a I-AA this week pretty easily. Beat ULM in a close one on the road. They get us at home. This will be about as far as we travel this year. Sunbelt games, especially road games, have a way of being close even when they shouldn't be. I hope these predictions turn into results. 33-13 on the road in-conference is a very nice win.

I think you guys are underestimating our offense. I expect UL to be in the 40's against most sunbelt opponents (except troy and unt). Its all a matter of the defense holding out.

i say we take this one 38-3

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano
    I think you guys are underestimating our offense. I expect UL to be in the 40's against most sunbelt opponents (except troy and unt). Its all a matter of the defense holding out.
    Yeh but look what we did against EMU we shut the offense down in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Default Re: FAU tickets

Quote Originally Posted by NewCajunDad
    Coming down with the "boys" for FIU next month. Athletic office already has some tickets for that one.

I know it is a long trip, but the more the merrier. FIU will be this senior's classes last regular road game. Do it in style!!
    Don't forget that "other" last road trip to our back yard, the NO Bowl!

I also think our defense is being underestimated because they have played very strong against the run, we just have to step up and cover the deep pass better. And I do think we can score in the 40 but with the new clock rules and all I think we will see it around what I said 31-13 because I hope the backups can get some work late.

7. Default Re: FAU

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    I was interested in finding out more about FAU and I found a crazy stat about them.

Class Breakdown
    Freshmen 54
    Does that mean 29 walkons?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Does that mean 29 walkons?
    redshirt freshmen count to

My brain agrees but somehow I feel like I need an emotional hedge.

10. UL Football Not your typical weekend

Coaches are very much creatures of habit, and the longer they’re in the coaching profession the more that becomes the case.

Rickey Bustle has been part of eight different coaching staffs, seven of them on the collegiate level, and he’s collected ideas and philosophies from each.
    One of those ideas is ignoring the calendar.

For the rest of us, this weekend includes Saturday and Sunday. For Bustle, and therefore for the Cajun football team and coaching staff, Saturday is Tuesday and Sunday is Wednesday.

The reason for that is because Wednesday is Saturday . game day.

The Cajuns open Sun Belt Conference play in an odd Wednesday night game this week at Florida Atlantic, one that airs at 6:30 p.m. over ESPN2. With the game on Wednesday, UL is counting backwards and holding its normal preparation days just like it would for a Saturday game.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I believe we will run all over them, and stick heavily with what works (lower risk plays). With the new clock start rules, coupled with a steady diet of the run, it won't be easy to top 35 points. I don't expect fake punts and 4th down conversions to add to Cajun drives either. I don't know what to expect from FAU's offense, but guess that it will be a progressive increase in passing as the game goes on. They won't have the fast, tall, sure-handed receivers that have hurt our secondary. I see an INT or two in this game.

The one variable to the Cajun assault is special teams, especially in Sunbelt play. We could see 10 to 14 points directly tied to special teams. That fast and generally unaccounted for point spread contribution is difficult to predict. UL 35 FAU 13
    Geaux Cajuns!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Cajuns need to win seven in a row

There is very little wiggle room for Cajuns in a bowl. We have to outright win the conference championship. But, I would rather be in the NO Bowl anyway. We will load the place with fans (not something the bowl has yet to see). The return of New Orleans and the Superdome, coupled with our extreme attendence is about as good as it gets for us. With huge fan interest comes new fan interest. Being the first place Sunbelt matched with the "selected" CUSA team, gives us the best win possbility of almost any other bowl lineup.

I totally agree with Jay that we are getting ahead of ourselves. we are not only counting our chickens. we are planning the new Popeye's franchise. just a little too early for that.

As for NE Mississippi. it is one of my sales territories. I don't like driving around up there, but many of the people I deal with are the nicest, friendliest people on earth. I also cover the Caribbean Islands, so taking road trips to small town USA balances things out.

13. This is a GREAT IDEA Re: Cajuns need to win seven in a row

Outside of a BCS bowl, there is no other bowl I would want the Ragin' Cajuns to appear in.

This year especially the New Orleans Bowl will get more pub than normal. Even though the Saints broke the ice on getting back into the refurbished Dome, the New Orleans bowl will get extra pub as the first bowl back in New Orleans.

Even if that were not the case, the New Orleans bowl will always get an extra bit of coverage because of the city, this will continue to grrow as the city comes back.

Besides I can go to this bowl.

Default Re: Cajuns need to win seven in a row

I don't think we should think about any other bowl game. As far as traveling goes we will fill up the Super Dome and be able to say we have a home field advantage.I don't think that would be the case at many other bowl games except maybe the Houston Bowl (I believe the name changed for it but I can't think of it) Also the New Orleans bowl will pit us most likely against teams like Southern Miss., UTEP, Central Florida, and possibly Houston but I don't think they will put a rematch in a bowl game. Playing one of these teams is huge because all of them are in area's that we recruit and they even recruit against us. I personally want Central Florida to avenge last years game. The New Orleans bowl is perfect for us right now and even though most consider is the lowest rung on the bowl ladder it is still a great place to go party and watch the Cajuns beat some _____

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun
    Beat ULM in a close one on the road. They get us at home.
    They were 14 point Underdogs at Monroe almost as much as us in Houston.

I think they are better than everyone thinks.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information