Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

Default Re: FAU tickets

Quote Originally Posted by oddtbone
    Question for anyone attending the FAU game in ft. lauderdale next wednesday. Is there a designated section that I should look for tickets in?
    If you even go to that game. I would be so jealous

It'll be the first one I miss this year.

Godtwillaaaaaaa have a blast at the game man. We'll be watching on the tube. Hold it down for the AOE.

Quote Originally Posted by derf
    Godtwillaaaaaaa have a blast at the game man. We'll be watching on the tube. Hold it down for the AOE.
    you know i rep the AOE hard in the 305. DESTROOOOOOO-OOO-OY!

Default Re: Cajuns need to win seven in a row

Wow thats weird. My wife is from Columbus-Caledonia area. Man I have to go there once or twice a month, i could not believe my eyes one time there was a guy with Jams (ugly shorts from the 80's) cowboy boots, he was siting on top of one of his many cars and had a huge fire about 5 feet from his house. I guess he was a redneck, atleast thats what I told my wife. Here parents work on the Air Force base up there.

Quote Originally Posted by oddtbone
    you know i rep the AOE hard in the 305. DESTROOOOOOO-OOO-OY!
    I live about 20 minutes away from the stadium, so I will be there no doubt! This year, us Miami cajuns fans get two "home" games, with FIU and FAU. :-)

The airforce base is by far the biggest source of revenue for the town. If it were to ever be shut down, the town would be in trouble.

BUT, to get back to the subject of this thread:

The Cajuns need to win 7 in a row and win the Sun Belt Conference so we can all go party in New Orleans and turn the Superdome into a stadium of RED.

It all starts next Wednesday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner
    The airforce base is by far the biggest source of revenue for the town. If it were to ever be shut down, the town would be in trouble.

BUT, to get back to the subject of this thread:

The Cajuns need to win 7 in a row and win the Sun Belt Conference so we can all go party in New Orleans and turn the Superdome into a stadium of RED.

It all starts next Wednesday!!
    The key to the New Orleans Bowl being a better bowl game is for the sunbelt conference to win the bowl game consistently or at least more than half the time, rather than 20% of the time. It should be a showcase event for the sunbelt champion, not a showcase for a 4th place conference USA team to take a consolation prize while beating the brains out of a conference champion.

I for one would rather the Cajuns play in New Orleans Bowl than other bottom tier bowls. It is the sunbelt championship stage and a perfect bowl for traveling to and showing fan support. Much better than some bowl in California in December that no one cares about.

But it does not matter because the sunbelt champion is obligated to go to the New Orleans Bowl anyways Not much choice in the matter

8. UL Football Ragin' Cajuns facing rare weekend of hard workouts

The UL Ragin' Cajuns will take today off from practice and will return to work at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in the first of two practices over the weekend. UL will hold its most physical workouts of the week in the Saturday and Sunday drills.

"I told them when we started today that it's game week now," said Bustle. "Today was just like our regular Sunday practice, we normally take Monday off so that's what we're doing tomorrow (Friday), and Tuesday and Wednesday are our big days. That's what we'll do this weekend."

SCOUTING: The UL squad began working against scout-team competition simulating FAU looks and formations in Thursday's practice, and Bustle said his team's preparation will be very different than last week's preps for Houston's spread attack.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

9. Default Re: FAU tickets

Quote Originally Posted by miamicajun32
    I live about 20 minutes away from the stadium, so I will be there no doubt! This year, us Miami cajuns fans get two "home" games, with FIU and FAU. :-)

10. Default Re: FAU tickets

Coming down with the "boys" for FIU next month. Athletic office already has some tickets for that one.

I know it is a long trip, but the more the merrier. FIU will be this senior's classes last regular road game. Do it in style!!

i'll be fighting the traffic to make kickoff of the FAU game, since i have class til 6:15, but I look forward to attending some cajun tailgatin come Nov. 18th. I'm actually gonna make 3 games this year, I got a cheap flight from lauderdale to new orleans for homecoming weekend. It's tough going from attending 5+ cajun football games a year to being lucky to catch 3. If it weren't for the internet feed and this board, i'd be completely out of the loop as far as cajun sports go. Props to 107.9 and Jay for bringing me football and ESPECIALLY basketball games.

Default FAU

I was interested in finding out more about FAU and I found a crazy stat about them.

Class Breakdown
    Freshmen 54
    Sophomores 37
    Juniors 15
    Seniors 11

That is incredible to be that young. Everyone thinks Howard schellenburger (spelling?) is crazy for the scheduling but maybe he knows what he is doing to have his team ready for bigger things in the future. I think he is crazy lol but he has a national title in his past so who am I to judge.

I look for us to win this game and I think we will win by a sizable margin but we have seen in the past the Sunbelt can be very hard to pick. My prediction UL 31 FAU 13

Default Re: FAU

31-13 sounds about right. But if we score quickly and often in the first 2 quarters, I would expect a larger margin of vicory.

The reason Schnelly's team is so young this year is because they were so old last year.

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    The reason Schnelly's team is so young this year is because they were so old last year.
    Brilliant!!!

(like on the commercials.lol)

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 . LastLast

Thread Information