Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

Default Re: Cajuns need to win seven in a row

Not to jump the gun, but I wonder if we win out and go 10-2, and attendance picks up, if another bowl will be looking at us?
    Is that possible at all or do all the bowl games have conference tie ins?

UL Football Re: Cajuns need to win seven in a row

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns
    Not to jump the gun, but I wonder if we win out and go 10-2, and attendance picks up, if another bowl will be looking at us?
    I remember one year when a conference with a bunch of tie ins didn't have enough bowl teams eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns
    Wowwe've never played in the NO bowl and already we're too good for it???

But in serious answer to your question:
    The Sun Belt Champion goes to the New Orleans Bowl unless they qualify for a BCS bowl.

Z:

I'm working comfortably in SW Louisiana right now. However, right after Rita hit, I was sent to Northeast Mississippi for 6 months. That wasn't too fun.

As for this skipping New Orleans Bowl business, Jay is right. First, we need to concentrate on one game at a time. If our guys are able to win the conference, New Orleans will be full of partying Cajuns. First bowl game bid EVER for UL is just fine with me, small bowl or not.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner
    Z:

I'm working comfortably in SW Louisiana right now. However, right after Rita hit, I was sent to Northeast Mississippi for 6 months. That wasn't too fun.

As for this skipping New Orleans Bowl business, Jay is right. First, we need to concentrate on one game at a time. If our guys are able to win the conference, New Orleans will be full of partying Cajuns. First bowl game bid EVER for UL is just fine with me, small bowl or not.
    LOL!! Around Starkville/Columbus? I know some folks that were up there.

About the N. O. bowl.

Go my hotel reservations made in anticipation!!!

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    LOL!! Around Starkville/Columbus? I know some folks that were up there.

About the N. O. bowl.

Go my hotel reservations made in anticipation!!!

Z.
    Yep. Lowndes, Clay and Oktibbaha Counties. I was living in a hotel in Columbus. There are even more people from our company up there now, but they let me come home. I now work from home 2-3 days/week. Can't get much better than that in the land business.

My wife is about 3 months pregnant right now, but she already understands that if the Cajuns do win the Sun Belt, we HAVE to go to the game, no ands, ifs, or buts about it.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Yep. Lowndes, Clay and Oktibbaha Counties. I was living in a hotel in Columbus. There are even more people from our company up there now, but they let me come home. I now work from home 2-3 days/week. Can't get much better than that in the land business.

My wife is about 3 months pregnant right now, but she already understands that if the Cajuns do win the Sun Belt, we HAVE to go to the game, no ands, ifs, or buts about it.
    Excellent. Congrats on the pregnancy!

Z.

REallllllly familiar with that area.

My wife lived in Columbus when we met and her dad lives in western Oktibbiha County. We spend a lot of time up there.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Cajuns need to win seven in a row

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    REallllllly familiar with that area.

My wife lived in Columbus when we met and her dad lives in western Oktibbiha County. We spend a lot of time up there.
    Born in Calhoun County, myself. Did some land work in Lowndes, Clay, Calhoun, Yalobusha, Oktibeha, LaFayette, and across the line in Fayette County, AL. Good old Black Warrior Basin work.

My family's land business kept 40 rooms at the Ramada in Columbus for about 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    Born in Calhoun County, myself. Did some land work in Lowndes, Clay, Calhoun, Yalobusha, Oktibeha, LaFayette, and across the line in Fayette County, AL. Good old Black Warrior Basin work.

My family's land business kept 40 rooms at the Ramada in Columbus for about 10 years.

No insult to those from the area, but 10 years in Columbus would be hell for me. I'd have to find a new profession. It gets too cold and being that close to tornado ally wasn't exactly fun this past Feb. and March when those storms reaked havoc in Tennessee.

I agree with you & Jay: let's get to the NO Bowl first before we ever start thinking about a "better" bowl. One correction, though: we have been to a couple of bowls in our ancient past. Although not major bowls by any means, we went the the Oil Bowl in the 1940's and the the Grantland Rice Bowl in the early 1970's. I believe that is all we have done bowl-wise. So let's not get our noses too much up in the air just yet. Let's work on getting to our first NO Bowl, then another, and then MAYBE we can talk.

12. UL Football Opponent: Long time coming home

Bocaraton — It has almost been exactly a year since Florida Atlantic played its last game at Lockhart Stadium, and the Owls haven't won there since 2004

"It's real exciting to get back for this first home game," FAU senior defensive back Rickey Bethel said. "The team is just excited to play in front of the home crowd. We've been away for so long, we're really looking forward to it."

It has been so long since FAU has taken the field at its home stadium (Oct. 15, 2005, vs. Middle Tennessee State) that the Owls were to have a practice Wednesday night at Lockhart Stadium just to get adjusted at their home field.

Home games that seem like road games and a home opener scheduled in mid-October aren't the only things that make FAU's schedule less than traditional.

On Wednesday, the Owls will play a second game in less than a week when they play host to Louisiana-Lafayette for a game to be televised on ESPN2.

The rest of the story

By Marcus Nelson
    Palm Beach Post

No insult to those from the area, but 10 years in Columbus would be hell for me. I'd have to find a new profession. It gets too cold and being that close to tornado ally wasn't exactly fun this past Feb. and March when those storms reaked havoc in Tennessee.
    Well, I'm not much on winter, either; but I sure don't understand how you could NOT like Columbus. Nice town, better antebellum homes than Natchez, less than 100 miles from 3 SEC stadia, and some of the friendliest folks in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    Well, I'm not much on winter, either; but I sure don't understand how you could NOT like Columbus. Nice town, better antebellum homes than Natchez, less than 100 miles from 3 SEC stadia, and some of the friendliest folks in the world.
    My parents lived there for 5 years. I always enjoyed my visits.

Z.

Small world! I did a 2 yr stop and go there at Columbus AFB in the mid-80's. Really a nice small town, and very pretty. My wife worked for the Chamber of Commerce so we went to several events and visited pretty much all of the antebellum homes.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information