Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Question re: the Offense

Quote Originally Posted by OleMissCajunFan
    Turbine--I understand that he's such a threat that he's serving a purpose even when he's not getting the ball.but one can only be a successful decoy for so long without getting the ball. And I'm not trying to "stir up some stuff," as I really am just happy about the win (but thanks for the support Jim, I appreciate it.) But just like everyone else who's posted on this link, I think that MD is way too talented to waste. I know that Babb has a better arm than Mike right now, but Leak has a better arm than Tebow and Fla. uses both of them.I think that MD could come in as a guy who really changes the tempo of the game some, and keep the D on their toes.

Just a thought. Geaux Cajuns!
    OleMissCajunFan:
    I didn't mean" Stir up some stuff" in a derogatory way, I was encouraging you to do it. I AGREE, MD SHOULD BE PLAYING MORE, USE HIM AS A SLOT BACK AND PASS TO HIM. PASS PASS PASS TO HIM. THE GUY HAS INGREDIBLE TALENT.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Default Re: UL Defense shines on National TV . . . Offense ???

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    . Before last year we didn't know how to win on the road, we played bad and still won. I'll take it everyday of the week.
    And twice on Wednesdays!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: ALMOST 8am on a FRIDAY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    Not better. more relaxed. Plus, the benefits of aging are taking away my memory. I had to remind myself that we WON, and began to forget how, who, where. and the W became all the more impressive. It's pretty cool to go look at he record and say "4-2". excellent! I just hope to hear at the end of this season. "and their only losses came at LSU and TAM".
    yeah, relaxed.

Z.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Question re: the Offense

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    We are going to run an average of 65-70 offensive plays per game. They will be broken down about 2/1 rush/pass. Wallace/Fenroy will usually have about 30 of the runs, with the other 15 runs spread around among Babb, Johnson, Roberson, etc.

Of 25 passes, we will complete 15 on a pretty good day. These are going to be divided among 7 or 8 people, so on average Desormeaux, Chery and Smith will get about 2 each.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. For one, if we are in a 4 receiver set with Chery, Des, Smith and Frederick, who are you going to double up on? Which of these guys will get a strong safety or a linebacker? What are you going to do to cover Fenroy or Wallace on the swing route?
    Absolutely solid UL football analysis. I have a bigger concern than MD. I worry about our WR core. Despite the slow progress in getting our passing attack in full swing, I hope these guys can keep up their route running and practice effort, so that we can balance out even better. I contend that the going isn't going to get any lighter than FAU's defense.

We have to get more successful pass plays. I liked the bubble screen attempted to Chester Johnson, and a few other wrinkles we thru at FAU. However, every play that wasn't Fenroy off right tackle seemed to be messy. I don't know if FAU's defense was simply right on, or if we were lacking execution, or both? I couldn't tell from the TV coverage, but every time Babb rolled out, he couldn't find an open receiver. Was FAU covering us that well?

UL Football Re: Question re: the Offense

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    OleMissCajunFan:
    I didn't mean" Stir up some stuff" in a derogatory way, I was encouraging you to do it. I AGREE, MD SHOULD BE PLAYING MORE, USE HIM AS A SLOT BACK AND PASS TO HIM. PASS PASS PASS TO HIM. THE GUY HAS INGREDIBLE TALENT.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    I know. Glad we're on the same page, Jim. And Just1More and VObserver, I understand and appreciate what both of you are saying. And I already qualified my opinion with the statement that it may be a little biased because of my New Iberia and CHS background. However, I really do think that MD can help open up that offense in ways not attempted in the FAU game. I'm not getting too worked up; it was, after all, just one game. I just hope to see a little more versatility in the offense next time.

I'm not one of those fans who complains after a win. I'm happy with the "w" and I hope for more. I was asking a question and so far I've enjoyed everyone's opinion on the subject. If I had to trade sitting one player (any player) for a season so that we could get to the N.O. Bowl, then I would do it in a second. However, I believe that MD is too valuable of a player to not get more involved.

Geaux Cajuns.

Default Re: small sign that program is in right direction

I don't care if it had been ten days or if FAU beat us last year. After houston the Cajuns were primed for a let down game, and survived.

7. Default Re: Question re: the Offense

Quote Originally Posted by nicajun
    I agree that he is a threat so why don't we use him? In my opinion UL is
    just wasting good talent on the bench or even those rare occasions he is
    on offense there seems to be no plays to take advantage of his abilities.
    UL does not have the luxury of not using talented athletes to give us a
    better chance at winning.
    maybe you didn't understand.MD was on the field and MAYBE he was covered so throw the ball to him anyway?come on guys he is the backup QB and there are playes in the offense and he was and will be on the field how about we let the coaches coach, we are 4-2, 1-0 yi-pee i'm happynext.

Default Re: Question re: the Offense

I watched the replay of the LSU game and came to the realization, Michael Desormeaux is the best punt fumble recovery player in the history of the university.

Default Re: National TV Embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    Cajun Shocker is right. I have been a Cajun Fan for 40 years and if we can't be critical of something that stunk, then we are fooling ourselves.
    The Defense won the game the offense and the punter stunk. ENOUGH SAID. This was a total TV failure for our sports foundation. And don"t you dare call me a wanna be fan. There is no one more loyal to his University than I and one has to be both ways or it won't get fixed around here. One has to be honest when we stink and that is just what we did , from the coaches to the offense and punting game. ONCE AGAIN THE DEFENSE WON THIS GAME. THEY PLAYED LIKE THEY WANTED TO WIN NOT THE OFFENSIVE COORIDINATOR. FACE UP TO IT CAJUN FANS. OH, I WAS AT HOUSTON AND EASTERN MICHIGAN AND THIS WAS NOT THE SAME TEAMS.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    You're right. You can win and still be critical.

The question is "can you be happy without being miserable?"

I'm 59-105 in my broadcasting career with the Cajuns. Every win is precious and a thing of beauty, even when it isn't very beautiful. We can be critical, but when we come across like we lost the game, then we come across as the fans from another school that YOU hate.

You weren't screaming on your computer after the offensive coordinator came up with the "Cowboy" play which resulted in Belton being wide open for the winning touchdown against Houston. In fact, I don't even remember you posting after that game.

We've won 9 of 11 with those coordinators and those players.

It's OK not to be happy with the way we won. But don't let your ego bruise (and you know that part of it was it was on national televison and you wanted your school to look better) get the better of you.

Oh.and it's ok to come here and give praise on occasion.

Default Re: What happened to Papa John's?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Spedale's? Really.? Props to them.

Z.
    Hearing it makes me want to read threads about putting the fleur back on the helmetnot.

Default Re: Homer Clock

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    You are correct. There were actually :07 sec. to go, not 5
    Thanks. That makes a lot more sense. This conspiracy thread is officially dead, unless someone wants blame something on Jay.

Default Re: What happened to Papa John's?

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun
    Hearing it makes me want to read threads about putting the fleur back on the helmetnot.
    I know where I am buying my yearly dozen roses for my wife in November.

13. Default Re: What happened to Papa John's?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Spedale's? Really.? Props to them.

Z.
    Yes it's Spedale's. I'm curious to know how much that cost them, as they are going to get typically at least 10 spots in a game. (It's the Advertising major in me.)

BOP, how much does a 60 second radio spot go for on your show?

Default Re: Homer Clock

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun
    Thanks. That makes a lot more sense. This conspiracy thread is officially dead, unless someone wants blame something on Jay.
    There's ALWAYS something.

Default Re: National TV Embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    I'm 59-105 in my broadcasting career with the Cajuns.
    Sooooo! It IS your fault after all!! I knew it. Zeebart was trying to mislead me when he whispered "Baldwin" (or was that "Rosebud"?).

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread Information