Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

Default Re: THANK YOU DEFENSE

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    Let's be honest here. The Offense stunk except for Fenroy. The Offensive Coordinator's play calling was pony football, no imagination, we the TV viewers knew what he was gonna call. Time to make some coaching changes.

Unless they have some great talks and practices, I don't think we are going to New Orleans. Faith has nothing to do with reality. If we play like this anymore, we are going to get our butts beat alot.

THIS WAS EMBARRASSING AND ON NATIONAL TV. WE DIDN'T IMPRESS ANYONE. OUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR DIDN'T HELP HIS CHANCES OF MOVING ON TO ANOTHER COLLEGE EITHER.

I don't know one person in our group watching this game tonight was proud of our coaching staff. The defense on the other hand, was awesome.

Thank you defense.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    I would like to know how many of you were about to crap your pants when FAU had the ball inside the 10 with 2 seconds left. I felt bad for ULL cause I thought that FAU was going to score and add another comeback loss on top of last years collapse. But I am glad that #2 came through. He should have had that INT earlier in the same posession. But I am glad yall won.

Oh and to directly responde to your post, This is pretty much how I feel as an LSU fan when we played AU and Florida on TV. And everything you said can be applied there too.

Default Re: National TV Embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by bustleup
    I think as fans we started getting spolied after blowing out two teams and having that great win in HoustonLots of people thought we would run through the Sun Belt with no problemI think after this people are starting to realize that there are still good teams in our conferenceWe just need to support our team and trust that bustle and his staff and the players will be ready for next game.

Noone should be spoiled after those games NC A & T?? give me a break. How many games has EMU won? And Houston has now lost 3 in a row. I am glad we've one 4 and that's really what counts but we've got ASU, Middle TN, and Troy left and last night's type of play won't do it.

Default Re: UL Defense shines on National TV, FAU fans do not

Quote Originally Posted by Jason
    Watching this game start to finish was like taking medicine. Our play calling was very predictable. Our play by qb and receivers was very sloppy. It was just a terrible football game to watch. We definately need someone on offense to step up besides Fenroy Don't get me wrong I am glad we won but we looked like a team that was playing with only 5 to 10 plays to choose from.
    Good post. I agree about someone else needing to step up on offense. We need Babb to get it together. I think he's got talent but his decision making this year is very tentative.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker
    I have been a fan since I was in diapers. My dad played baseball for the cajuns, I graduated from UL, and I am now 32 years old, and was a member of the 1st Young Ragin Cajun Club about 25 years ago. Does that qualify? I just joined the site recently, and I enjoy reading everyone's opinion, but hadn't posted yet. If I wasn't a fan, I wouldn't have said anything. I know some of the biggest Cajun supporters who probably can't even turn on a computer, much less negotiate their way to this site.

Once again, If anything I said hurt any fan's feelings, I apologize. If any players read this and I hurt their feelings, good. Get over it, and get fired up. Fan's can be overly critical at times and if you can't handle it, you are not cut out for college sports. Little League is played for fun. When you get to this level, you play to win. During the game they listed one of the great traditions at Notre Dame as slapping the "Play like a champion, Today" sign before heading out on the field. I don't think we as fans deserve anything less.

Anyway, I have calmed down from last night and have moved on. I just wanted to see if anyone was watching the same game, and noticed the same things I did. Looks like some did. Looks like some think I'm too negative. I like to call it competitive.

The header for my post was meant to start a discussion. Now that it's changed, maybe they should consider changing the name of the message board from "RAGE PAGE", to "IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL PAGE". And yes, I am just trying to be funny.
    In my opinion you should say what ever you're feeling. I do and I'm not trying to p.o. anyone but I talk about what I see and last night was pitiful. I think they will do better next week but there's nothing wrong with talking about what we witnessed last night.

Quote Originally Posted by kracka75LSU
    I would like to know how many of you were about to crap your pants when FAU had the ball inside the 10 with 2 seconds left. I felt bad for UL cause I thought that FAU was going to score and add another comeback loss on top of last years collapse. But I am glad that #2 came through. He should have had that INT earlier in the same posession. But I am glad yall won.
    Well, I wasn't about to "crap in my pants" but I wasn't far from an accident driving home in a hard rain. My son was doing a little "play-by-play" for me and basically says, "do you want the good news or the bad news" as the game is ending. I definitely wanted to hurt him! As for the "almost INT", that wasn't Adams; but he (24?) should have had it. I believe the announcer said something like "that's why they play defense".

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I would like to know how many of you were about to crap your pants when FAU had the ball inside the 10 with 2 seconds left. I felt bad for UL cause I thought that FAU was going to score and add another comeback loss on top of last years collapse. But I am glad that #2 came through. He should have had that INT earlier in the same posession. But I am glad yall won.

Oh and to directly responde to your post, This is pretty much how I feel as an LSU fan when we played AU and Florida on TV. And everything you said can be applied there too.
    About to? I washed those pants 3 times this morning and then just decided to throw em away. I think there is more to come from #2. I credit our entire defense last night. but #2 came thru on that last play, big time.

Default Re: UL Defense shines on National TV . . . Offense ???

For future traveling, something like this would be really nice to haul the team's equipment around in. Although let's hope there's a better paint job than what I could do in MicroSoft paint.

I have bleed Vermilion and Red since 1966 so can you really doubt me as a true fan. I tell it like it is. THIS NIGHT AND DAY STUFF IS NOT GONNA HACK , WOULDN'T YOU SAY. I HAVE BEEN THERE OVER THE YEARS WIN OR LOSE. I'VE NEVER JUMPED ON THE BANDWAGON.

GEAUX CAJUNS.
    Well, I've been doing it about 11 more years than you and feel pretty much the same way. We just have to enjoy the few good times and go do something else to get our mind off of things when they don't go so good.
    However if what UL does on any athletic field affects how someone acts and feels, they need to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate
    Just a question. and this really is an honest question. I do want to hear your hard-hitting opinion. How would you explain our other wins, which were based on big offense? I, too, have been very frustrated with our offense in the past, and I thought those problems were gone. Tonight did remind me of days of old, although the difference is we won. And that is a huge difference.

BTW, someone please tell Mike Adams he is my hero.
    In my opinion we had one quality win and that may prove to be not so big a deal either before the year is up. NC A & T and EMU???? Do you really count beating those two teams as a quality win???

Ms CajunKate, The point I was trying to convey, and which it seems I did not do a good job of, was the inconsistant play calling of the offensive coordinator. As you notice the QB does not call the plays, The OC does. Against Houston, we used a tight end to score the winning touchdown, did you see the tight end catch a ball last night. We are a obvious play calling team. We knew what the OC was gonna call and so did FAU. No imagination to overcome the defense. Against Houston I saw HEART and GUTTS playing. Those guys played with intensity. We run the same plays over and over and the defense knows how to defend us. NO end around this time for a big play like in Houston. When our Offensive line can open up holes for the running backs we do have some good runs, but when they are stopped, it is time to do something else. FENROY is the guttest back I have seen in decades. He ran on HEART LAST, breaking tackles to get more, if it had not been for him the offense would have not been in a position to score a field goal.
    Maybe the Offensive coordinator learned something this game cause I am sure Troy, Middle, ULM , and ASU did. WE are gonna have to bust our butts to beat these guys now cause play calling like last night won't WIN.

If I offend the cajun loyal by being critical it is because it was a terrible game on national TV. You should have heard the sportscaster on KPLC in Lake Charles, he said" it was the worst game he had ever seen on TV. They hate us but we gave them fuel to blow their hatred UP for our University. He was a boozoo anyway, he had us playing FIU in his annoucements and scoreboard. WHAT A PUTZ. Yes some of us are critical , but 40 years of mediocrity and losing seasons is trying my patience. Not that I will give up on our Team ever. But there is a time when a change is needed and i don't think this guy is the right guy. The Defensive Coordinator who is a friend has really come around. He has made our defense respectible in the conference and the way the held up in Houston was incredible.
    SO, if I get critical, it is because I won't stand for MEDIOCRITY anymore. It is time to put up or shut up, no more excuses on the type of players we sign, it is their job to get the best players they can and give them something to work with(meaning good offensive play calling). You can't blame the players for that, only execution of the play, but if the play calling stinks, it is the OC's fault, and not the players, if the players don't execute, then get a player who can and will execute.
    Thank you and good night all you DIE-HARDS

GEAUX CAJUNS.
    Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip HoorayGOOD POST

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate
    Just a question. and this really is an honest question. I do want to hear your hard-hitting opinion. How would you explain our other wins, which were based on big offense? I, too, have been very frustrated with our offense in the past, and I thought those problems were gone. Tonight did remind me of days of old, although the difference is we won. And that is a huge difference.

BTW, someone please
    Sometimes the offense just doesn't show up.

Sincerely,
    Jamarcus Russell

12. Default Re: THANK YOU DEFENSE

Sometimes the offense just doesn't show up.

Sincerely,
    Jamarcus Russell
    LOL!

Default Re: UL Defense shines on National TV, FAU fans do not

Quote Originally Posted by jamesthejeweler
    what game were you watching? its hard to execute when the other team knows what play you're gonna run! they were so predictable it was laughable! i, for the vast majority of the time, like bustles play calling, but lets face it that was so vanilla! did like the way our defense played though. they looked like they wanted to be there.
    VO knows more about football than just about anyone else on these forums. I would be respectful of his views. When you talk about play calling, you may not realize that we don't just call a Fenroy run off tackle. In the zone option offense the QB reads the defense at the line of scrimmage and has to make a split second decision while it is being executed. Last night he gave the ball to Fenroy at times when he should have kept the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by showdog
    Some of us are realists. That was a sham of a football game. One of the worst I've ever witnessed I doubt if 1000 people across the nation were even watching at the end.

The Sun Belt ought to be embarrassed with the play, coaching and their own pitiful set up for replays. We really only scored 3 points if you take away the gimme first field goal.

I hope we got it out of our system because we won't win many more playing like we did last night. We really need to be grooming someone to take over at QB as Babb's decision making for the most part this year resembles the play of a Freshman or Sophomore player, not a senior.
    Jerry did play poorly last night. However I think it is a stretch to say his play this year resembles that of a freshman. He only won conference player of the week three times in a row.

Default Re: UL Defense shines on National TV . . . Offense ???

Guys, we won. Sometimes you have to win sloppy, and last night was one of those games. I don't care if we win the rest of our games 3-0, as long as we win them all.

Babb will be fine. Players have good games, they have bad games.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread Information