Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

Default Re: UL-6 FAU-0

Quote Originally Posted by rhineaux
    Bull ____! He was averaging 4+ yards a carry. That's not good run defense. You feed the monster and for every play he gets stopped at the line, then there are two plays he gets 5 or 6 yards. If they give FAU a steady dose from the get-go, mixing in Wallace every 5-6 plays, that front seven has nothing left at the end of the game when you are trying to get a first down to tak etime off the clock.

Thing is, they stopped us when they needed to. Regardless of the yards per carry average.

2. Default Re: UL-6 FAU-0

If you haven't watched the game turn off your sets . . .

I just saw UL kick a FG

And then saw the kickoff sail into the endzone. I didn't know he had that much leg. I thought the new tee rules would that less likely.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL-6 FAU-0

Our defense played very well. Our offensive play calling stunk. I am not going to credit FAU for much of our offensive struggles. We made them look good. That play calling was POOR.

As a fan, I am happy with the W. Our coaches better not be pleased with that offensive performance on THEIR part. Having a rude awakening at a supposedly "inferior opponent", needs to drive them into full alert.

You don't improve by back slapping and saying "gee, that was close. but we WON". Or are we ready to accept 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place!?!?!?

Default Re: National TV Embarrassment

Quote Originally Posted by CajunShocker
    I'm sorry, but FAUs defense did not play a great game, as some have said in other posts. It is easy to defend the same play again, and again, and again.

When you have a 1st and 10 in the redzone, with a 6 point lead, you go for the TD. You don't play for a field goal just to make it a two score game. Edmiston will miss one every now and then, obviously.

Two things that almost cost us the game
    1- Horrible play calling
    2- Complete lack of effort and emotion

I love the Cajuns, but that was laughable.
    This is the same offense that score 34 points against EMU and 31 points against Houston. You have to give FAU credit, they just did not get bad all of a sudden.

Default Re: FAU Game Time Info

Quote Originally Posted by BSDetector007
    do you have to be a poster since this board was created to be with "the in crowd"?

Nope, I wasn't. But you really need to test the waters before you dive in head first.

But when it comes down to it, isn't 4-2 (1-0) better than 3-3 (0-1)?

that was laughable.
    Anyone who thinks this was a "great 3 1/2 hr commercial" for the program is fooling only himself.

I can't imagine ESPN (main channels) EVER having any interest in Sunbelt football again.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by laragincajun
    This is the same offense that score 34 points against EMU and 31 points against Houston. You have to give FAU credit, they just did not get bad all of a sudden.
    4-2. Thats all that matters.

Z.

I'm sorry, but FAUs defense did not play a great game, as some have said in other posts. It is easy to defend the same play again, and again, and again.

When you have a 1st and 10 in the redzone, with a 6 point lead, you go for the TD. You don't play for a field goal just to make it a two score game. Edmiston will miss one every now and then, obviously.

Two things that almost cost us the game
    1- Horrible play calling
    2- Complete lack of effort and emotion

I love the Cajuns, but that was laughable.
    Where were you last week?
    Or the week before?

And might I suggest that you find a player on campus this week and tell him that they lacked effort or emotion.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: From FAU board - WANTED: Receivers for Wednesday's Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSDetector007
    No matter what anyone says it's a darn good thing FAU was not at full strength or they would have won the game. I don't think I've ever seen anything more pittiful than that so called "gimmick" offense tonight. Geeez that was plain horrible. Sooner or later this season that offense will come back to haunt. It's awfull to say the least.
    just enjoy the ride.

4-2

Z.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: FAU Game Time Info

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    Nope, I wasn't. But you really need to test the waters before you dive in head first.

But when it comes down to it, isn't 4-2 (1-0) better than 3-3 (0-1)?
    W is a Weveryone needs to calm downbustle will go back to work and they will fix the errorsits not going to be easy the rest of the way and if you thought it would this might change your mind

11. Default Re: UL-6 FAU-0

Until the last play The offense seemed to be moving the ball well during the Jake Delhomme interview.

Default Re: THANK YOU DEFENSE

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim
    Let's be honest here. The Offense stunk except for Fenroy. The Offensive Coordinator's play calling was pony football, no imagination, we the TV viewers knew what he was gonna call. Time to make some coaching changes.

Unless they have some great talks and practices, I don't think we are going to New Orleans. Faith has nothing to do with reality. If we play like this anymore, we are going to get our butts beat alot.

THIS WAS EMBARRASSING AND ON NATIONAL TV. WE DIDN'T IMPRESS ANYONE. OUR OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR DIDN'T HELP HIS CHANCES OF MOVING ON TO ANOTHER COLLEGE EITHER.

I don't know one person in our group watching this game tonight was proud of our coaching staff. The defense on the other hand, was awesome.

Thank you defense.

GEAUX CAJUNS
    Jim, we all agonized over the game tonight. The offense was pure "vanilla". Calling for a coaching change is a bit extreme. I'm certain Bustle will have some advice for the Offensive Coordinator. He might remind him of some misdirection plays to keep the defense honest.

I will be at HC, and you will be there also, albeit a little late because you have a family obligation to attend to. We will cheer for the good plays and moan for the ones not so good. In the end we will celebrate and enjoy another step towards the N.O. Bowl.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: THANK YOU DEFENSE

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    Jim, we all agonized over the game tonight. The offense was pure "vanilla". Calling for a coaching change is a bit extreme. I'm certain Bustle will have some advice for the Offensive Coordinator. He might remind him of some misdirection plays to keep the defense honest.

I will be at HC, and you will be there also, albeit a little late because you have a family obligation to attend to. We will cheer for the good plays and moan for the ones not so good. In the end we will celebrate and enjoy another step towards the N.O. Bowl.
    time to make coaching changes.are you out of your mind??? just enjoy the win and let the coaches go work on what they need tobe a true fan and support

This was not the same offense that drove 85 yds. and chewed up over 7 mins. to beat Houston. I was not at that game, but did listen on the radio, talked to my brother who was at the game, and saw the highlights on TV. They looked like they were trying not to lose.

I don't think I will have to tell a player he gave no effort. I think the coaches have already handled that for me.

15. Default Re: UL-6 FAU-0

It was not pretty by any means, I am still pretty mad about the game but the way I see it is like this, we got the W, we did not play close to as well as we are capable to and every team is going to have there game where it seems like they can not do anything, hopfully we just got ours out the way and like I said we got the W and isnt that what good teams do? Win even when they dont play there best?

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information