Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: 2006: UL-6 FAU-0

Default Re: Student section moved for UL game

The cameras kept showing the same 10 students throughout the game showing that nobody was at the game

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: FAU Game Time Info

Quote Originally Posted by sleepophile
    Phew! if it werent for that great defensive play in the endzone FAU would've had the upset.We better step up our game , this was a very unimpressive performance.
    To say the least. I will take the W, don't take me wrong. but that venue was a waste pile for a nationally televised game. Was someone intentionally trying to slam the Sunbelt. Who picked an FAU home game at that rag tag stadium? Was ESPN2 out of their minds?

I am venting due to a less than admirable performance by our offense, and our coaching staff's play calling. Our defense was great, and maybe once my blood pressure goes down, I can say a big "thank you" for that.

The commentator said something about Bustle admitting we were too predictable at the half. I could have called that game 2 plays ahead of the action when we had the ball. We need to be LESS PREDICTABLE!!!!!!!

Now thank you for the W and on to the next game.

3. USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: Student section moved for UL game

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    Found this on a FAU message board:

"The student section and band will be moved to the visitor sideline for the UL game to not have shots of empty stands on ESPN2. The sidelines will be closed off to fans."

Comments anyone?
    We have no room to talk about empty seats or fan attendance at home games!! Pot calling kettle black!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: FAU Game Time Info

A win is a win is a win. ESPN2 needs to show opening kickoff and the vomit over Miami in the third quarter, I hope that gets the guy on the sideline a decent job. Lack offense, of course it's all Jay's Fault, Stevie gets some blame too.:-)

5. Default Re: FAU Game

Just got in, (work) saw last 20 seconds of game. Geaux Michael Adams.

Had wiife hit record :15 minutes before kickoff so I will get to watch it.

6. USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: From FAU board - WANTED: Receivers for Wednesday's Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ULforlife
    Anyone feel like suiting up and helping the Owls out this week?

FAU receiver Simeon questionable for Louisiana
    By Marcus Nelson

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Monday, October 16, 2006

BOCA RATON — Florida Atlantic's receiving corps is in pain.

Frantz Simeon, FAU's biggest receiving threat, separated his shoulder in Thursday's victory against Southern Utah.

Simeon was listed as questionable by the school for Wednesday's game against Louisiana.

Also, senior receiver Casey McGahee has a sprained ankle.

McGahee and Simeon, the two most experienced receivers on the team, join freshman Cortez Gent, who missed Thursday's game with an ankle injury and is questionable Wednesday, and Chris Bonner, who is sick and hasn't practiced in two days.

"None of this is good," coach Howard Schnellenberger said.

No decision has been made to who will start Wednesday, but freshman receiver Avery Holley, who scored his second touchdown of the season against Southern Utah, took many snaps with the first-team offense in practice Sunday alongside junior Chad Wilkes, who has started three games of the season.
    No matter what anyone says it's a darn good thing FAU was not at full strength or they would have won the game. I don't think I've ever seen anything more pittiful than that so called "gimmick" offense tonight. Geeez that was plain horrible. Sooner or later this season that offense will come back to haunt. It's awfull to say the least.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888
    The cameras kept showing the same 10 students throughout the game showing that nobody was at the game
    That was one pathetic place to have a nationally televised game. Whoever set that up at ESPN2 ought to be fired. That did nothing for us, FAU or ESPN2. Even if we had played lights out, that is not the place to showcase anything. That chaps a patch a red on my back side!

Quote Originally Posted by BSDetector007
    We have no room to talk about empty seats or fan attendance at home games!! Pot calling kettle black!!
    You obviously haven't been to a game in a few years. If you think that was anything comparable to a game at Cajun Field, you have even hit the heavy stuff too long or started at too young an age.

9. USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: FAU Game Time Info

Quote Originally Posted by miamicajun32
    bad idea to have national tv sunbelt game at that stadium.

Hopefully Cox is not hurt too bad. That probably cost Cajuns points. Penalties stopped some drives as well. Punt return called back did not help either. But cajuns had fortunate turnovers go their way and could do nothing with those.

If Cox is out for a while, could be big offensive problems.
    You're not kidding. Those refs must be totally blind to not see that it was not an interception by the cajuns db. Those refs suited the game just fine because the cajuns offense was just putrid. What do you think Troy State will do with that pittiful cajuns offense? WOW!

Default Re: UL-6 FAU-0

Turbine , dont bother watching the game.Absolutely horribleand high school games in louisiana get better attendance than that .I dvr'd the game thinking that it would be a blowout and I could watch the Fenroy - Babb mauling the FAU D , but our offence could get nothing going.

You're not kidding. Those refs must be totally blind to not see that it was not an interception by the cajuns db. Those refs suited the game just fine because the cajuns offense was just putrid. What do you think Troy State will do with that pittiful cajuns offense? WOW!
    First off its not Troy State it is Troy University, second off Troy hasn't done anything impressive since that game against Florida state so sit on it and rotate.

12. USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: Student section moved for UL game

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More
    You obviously haven't been to a game in a few years. If you think that was anything comparable to a game at Cajun Field, you have even hit the heavy stuff too long or started at too young an age.
    I've been to a couple this season bro. It's NOT anything to brag about at all. Don't flatter the attendance too much cause it is what it is and it's still horrible!

I didn't say it was comparable, I simply stated that home attendance at cajuns games is nothing to brag about.

13. USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: FAU Game Time Info

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    First off its not Troy State it is Troy University, second off Troy hasn't done anything impressive sense that game against Florida state so sit on it and rotate.
    Uhh OK. You call 'em what you want and I'll go ahead and call 'em Troy State.

Uhh OK. You call 'em what you want and I'll go ahead and call 'em Troy State.
    Then you would not be talking about the Troy that we are playing.It's very simple.

15. USL (1960-1983)  (1985-1998) Re: UL-FAU update: It's on TV, but don't adjust your set

Quote Originally Posted by levetsj
    UL-FAU update: It's on TV, but don't adjust your set
    Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Tonight’s UL-Florida Atlantic game airs to a national television audience via ESPN2, the only time this year that two Sun Belt Conference teams meet in a national broadcast.

“National TV is big-time,” FAU linebacker Cergile Sincere said Tuesday. “You want to put your big-boy pants on and go show everybody what we have here.”

Problem is, what the Owls have here is an inadequate stadium for TV. Lockhart Stadium is a 20,500-seat former municipal facility in Fort Lauderdale, far removed from the Boca Raton campus, with a few upgrades to make it usable for collegiate play.

Picture most of Lafayette Parish’s prep stadiums, with the home side matched on the visitors’ side, and you get the idea. This one’s got to be tough on the TV folks.

Viewers will notice a low angle on the “up” cameras, because even the top of the stadium isn’t very high. And the press box isn’t exactly what these folks are used to.

Granted, FAU’s program is still very new. UL had been in Cajun Field for three decades when the Owls played their first game in 2001. FAU played its first two seasons at Pro Player Stadium (now Dolphins Stadium for its regular tenants), but averaged fewer than 5,000 fans in a facility that seats 15 times more than that. Athletic director Craig Angelos and FAU’s administrators are thinking big in the future.

Mock-up drawings exist for a Cultural Events Center, part of an “innovation village” on the Boca Raton campus. The facility is comparable to Syracuse’s Carrier Dome and would house football and basketball under the same roof. Ironically, Sincere — FAU’s leading tackler this year with 38 in six games — has his action picture superimposed over an artist rendering of the Center in the Owls’ media guide.

He’ll never play in it, obviously, and the question is whether any FAU players will ever be under that roof. Estimated cost of that building, part of a village concept that also includes residence halls, retail stories, a hotel and restaurants, is around $45 million.

Most FAU people are convinced the building will be a reality in the not-too-distant future, but so far it’s only a concept.
    This game is downright just an embarassment for the sunbelt. How much more pittifull can it get than this poo-poo?

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information