Thread: Ragin' Cajun injury list suddenly growing

1. UL Football Ragin' Cajun injury list suddenly growing

The good news is that, this time, the injuries weren't all stacked in one position for the University of Louisiana football team.

The Cajuns, though, did suffer three serious injuries in Saturday's 33-14 victory over Eastern Michigan, their second straight victory and one that evened UL's record at 2-2.

Senior tailback Josh Harrison's career came to an abrupt end early in Saturday's second half when he went down with a knee injury.

It was determined Sunday that he tore an ACL ligament and has surgery scheduled for Wednesday.

"He's been our main backup guy," said head coach Rickey Bustle. "Not having him is a big loss, but we're fortunate that we've still got several capable guys at the tailback slot and we've been able to get them some playing time in the last couple of games."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun injury list suddenly growing

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    I just wish all of our offensive lineman wore knee braces, then maybe Fisher's injury could have been prevented. I not saying it could have been prevented but then maybe it could have. On most teams the offensive lineman wear knee braces.

3. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun injury list suddenly growing

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom
    I just wish all of our offensive lineman wore knee braces, then maybe Fisher's injury could have been prevented. I not saying it could have been prevented but then maybe it could have. On most teams the offensive lineman wear knee braces.
    I noticed during the game, EVERY lineman for EMU had knee braces.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    I noticed during the game, EVERY lineman for EMU had knee braces.
    While I don't necessarily look for it, it sure seems like more teams use them, than teams that don't. I know we had this discussion about a year ago (pros and cons of the knee braces, etc).

Turbine - can you find/put a link to the old thread if someone wants to check it out again?

5. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun injury list suddenly growing

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    Turbine - can you find/put a link to the old thread if someone wants to check it out again?
    The knee brace issue is interesting. I must admit I have not looked at the UL line this year. But all the knee braces for EMU did jump out at me.

Here is a link to the last thread on the subject.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    The knee brace issue is interesting. I must admit I have not looked at the UL line this year. But all the knee braces for EMU did jump out at me.

Here is a link to the last thread on the subject.
    Carson Palmer recently said that when he was at USC, the coaches required him to wear knee braces. And, since he has to wear them again, it has helped him adjust a lot faster. All linemen should wear them. If they don't, then a lot of them end up tearing something anyway, and then have to wear them. Preventing the injury is always cheaper than treating the injury.

Thread Information