Thread: Best Pair of Tackles in the Sun Belt

1. Default Best Pair of Tackles in the Sun Belt

Sun Belt: Louisiana. UL averaged 32.3 points per game last season, and one reason the Ragin' Cajuns' skill-position guys had room to operate was the play of Ts Leonardo Bates and Jaron Odom. Both are heading into their third seasons as a starter; Bates is a former guard.

Default Re: Best Pair of Tackles in the Sun Belt

Article also has Baer with best kicker.

I know Troy's WR pair is pretty good, but I'd put Lawson/Surgent or Lawson/Peoples against those guys any day.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It's nice to have our offensive tackles and our punter/kicker head the SBC list, but I would also agree we are legitimately there with our WRs. If you could pair up QBs, we may have a QB tandem that eclipses any other in the SBC. We may end up with a pair of RBs challenging for the top spot as well.

If by the end of this season, we have a pair of defensive lineman that challenge this guy's list, our season will have been lights out.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan3406 View Post
    Article also has Baer with best kicker.

I know Troy's WR pair is pretty good, but I'd put Lawson/Surgent or Lawson/Peoples against those guys any day.
    I actually emailed the author about that point exactly. I even brought up Butler, who should also help this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I actually emailed the author about that point exactly. I even brought up Butler, who should also help this year.
    Not to mention Figaro, and Robinson (who I believe is our most physically gifted reciever and has the most potential)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    You might want to email the author back and let him know Bates will play guard this year, not tackle. He must have missed UL's spring news.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You might want to email the author back and let him know Bates will play guard this year, not tackle. He must have missed UL's spring news.
    Hey T, if we do that he'll remove UL from having the top tackle pairing. We don't want him to get his facts right. We just want him to praise us.

For you guys in the know, who do you think will have a breakout year this year. Any True freshman or redshirt freshman that will be high impact players? I know this is speculative but just wondering.

Thread Information