Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fenroy, UL focus on Eastern Michigan

1. UL Football Fenroy, UL focus on Eastern Michigan

LOUISIANA La. — Tyrell Fenroy could have been happy with the moment — his first game of more than 100 yards this season.

Then someone brought up the question of Eastern Michigan.

In the aftermath of the first University of Louisiana at Lafayette victory of the season Saturday, Fenroy was about to leave a postgame news conference when he revealed his photograph is featured on a 2006 media guide cover.

Not the one issued by University of Louisiana, but EMU, the Cajuns’ opponent this Saturday at Cajun Field.

Fenroy’s picture is something that from a running back’s perspective, he doesn’t appreciate.

The photo shows Fenroy, in the second game of his college career, wrapped securely in the grasp of several EMU defenders during the Eagles’ 31-10 win last season over the Cajuns.

“I’ve got my picture on the cover of their (Eastern Michigan) media book. To me, that’s personal,” Fenroy said.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Homes SO Clean

2. UL Football Don’t take ’em lightly

LOUISIANA La. — Rickey Bustle knows a good football team when he sees one.

And that is why the University of Louisiana at Lafayette football coach isn’t taking the 0-4 Eastern Michigan team coming Saturday to Lafayette to play his Ragin’ Cajuns lightly.

In fact, he has nothing but praise for the Eagles.

“When you look at them, they’re 0-4, but they’ve played Northwestern and Michigan State (along with Ball State and Central Michigan) and in my opinion, they’re a better football team now than when we played them last year,” Bustle said Monday at his weekly news conference.

Better than last year’s Eastern Michigan team?

That’s not good news for the Cajuns, who are coming off their first victory of the season, a 48-7 pasting of outmanned North Carolina A&T.

After all, it was Eastern Michigan that handed the Cajuns a 31-10 mistake-plagued loss last fall in Ypsilanti, Michigan. In that game, the Eagles completed 27 of 39 passes for 268 yards and they rushed for 156 more.

The Cajuns finished with 410 yards, but fumbled six times, losing four of them.

The rest of the story

By GLENN QUEBEDEAUX
    Special to The Advocate

Homes SO Clean

3. UL Football Record won't mislead Cajuns

There's little doubt that the University of Louisiana got its first football win of the season last Saturday thanks to much-improved performances on both the offensive and defensive fronts.

The challenge now is to match that effort, a task that won't be as easy this weekend even though Eastern Michigan enters Saturday's game with the same number of victories as North Carolina A&T - zero.

"When you look at those guys on film, they're physical," Ragin' Cajun coach Rickey Bustle said of Saturday's 4 p.m. opponent at Cajun Field. "They beat us pretty good up there last year and they've got a better football team this year."

The Eagles, who topped UL 31-10 in Ypsilanti, Mich., last September, are 0-4 but are coming off close-call losses in their last two games. EMU fell 14-6 at Northwestern two weeks ago and lost in overtime, 24-17, to state and Mid-American Conference rival Central Michigan last Saturday.

All four teams on EMU's schedule to date are likely better than the A&T squad that the Cajuns thrashed 48-7 last Saturday at Cajun Field. But UL was 0-2 entering that game, and sophomore Jason Chery stressed the importance of that first victory.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Fenroy, UL focus on Eastern Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    "In addition to playing on several special teams, Desormeaux lined up at wide receiver on more than one occasion, but did not catch a pass. He didn’t play quarterback, even though he’s listed as Babb’s backup."
    Not true. Des played a series but didn't generate any stats. Mostly handed the ball off to Wallace I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun
    Not true. Des played a series but didn't generate any stats. Mostly handed the ball off to Wallace I think.
    I was excited to see him out there running routes. Next week hopefully he catches one and we get to see him in the open field.

6. Default Re: Fenroy, UL focus on Eastern Michigan

Then someone brought up the question of Eastern Michigan.

Nice sentence-frament, there...

To me, that’s personal,” Fenroy said.
    ...Dude looks p#ssed!

That article was written in a rush.

10. UL Football Cajuns motivated by EMU guide

This year's Eastern Michigan football media guide cover shows UL running back Tyrell Fenroy being sandwiched by EMU defenders Kevin Howe and T. J. Lang.

It's a good picture. Faces are visible inside both of the Eagles' helmets - something that doesn't happen a lot in football. Both Howe and Lang return on EMU's defense this season.

It probably wasn't selected to send any sort of message to the Ragin' Cajuns, since the teams aren't even in the same conference. But that doesn't mean that the Cajun players and coaches haven't taken notice.

"Any time you're on the cover of somebody else's media guide, you have to take it for what it is," said coach Rickey Bustle. "We should take exception to that."

The UL players don't normally pay much attention to media guide covers other than their own. But this week, they're turning it into a motivational factor for Saturday's 4 p.m. contest at Cajun Field.

"They think enough of us to put us on their media guide," said senior defensive end Tony Hills. "When they wake up every morning and look at it, they see us every day. I'm sure we appreciate it, but I bet next year they won't have the same kind of cover."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

UL Football WE NEED AS MANY FANS AS POSSIBLE AT THE GAME

I KNOW THAT NOT EVERYONE CAN COME TO THE GAME DUE TO DIFFERENT REASONS BUT PLEASE TRY TO COME OUT AND SUPPORT US....... WE NEED AS MANY FANS AS POSSIBLE AT THIS GAME....... THIS IS A HUGE GAME IN ASPECTS SUCH AS MOMENTUM AND GETTING THE BALL ROLLING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.....I'D MUCH RETHER GO INTO THE HOUSTON GAME WITH A TWO GAME WIN STREAK...... YOU FANS ARE A BIG PART OF OUR SUCCESS....... SO TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO COME OUT AND SUPPORT THE CAJUNS.............GEAUX CAJUNS

Default Re: WE NEED AS MANY FANS AS POSSIBLE AT THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass55

I KNOW THAT NOT EVERYONE CAN COME TO THE GAME DUE TO DIFFERENT REASONS BUT PLEASE TRY TO COME OUT AND SUPPORT US....... WE NEED AS MANY FANS AS POSSIBLE AT THIS GAME....... THIS IS A HUGE GAME IN ASPECTS SUCH AS MOMENTUM AND GETTING THE BALL ROLLING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.....I'D MUCH RETHER GO INTO THE HOUSTON GAME WITH A TWO GAME WIN STREAK...... YOU FANS ARE A BIG PART OF OUR SUCCESS....... SO TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO COME OUT AND SUPPORT THE CAJUNS.............GEAUX CAJUNS
    I'll be there front row having "nice" conversation with as many players from the other team as I can :-) GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrass55

We need to get the local restaurants and stores to put something on their marquees to remind everyone about the the game this weekend. If everybody just asks one place to put something about the game on their marquee who knows how many will do it. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: WE NEED AS MANY FANS AS POSSIBLE AT THE GAME

I am the first in my family to attend college and regrettably I spent one year at another college before beginning at UL. I had never been a UL fan or even knew much about the university, because looking back, I had been force fed LSU down my throat by peers and media outlets. It was like I didn't know better. My first contact was once I transferred to UL and someone took me to a UL football game. I immediately fell in love with the university, the people, the city, culture, and the athletic program. Everyone is approachable. That's not something that is found at every university. I can walk into the Athletic Offices and talk to the coaches like they are normal everyday people. That is something special and something to be valued. I am so impressed with the direction the program is going and everyday I try to recruit more students to attend UL. Even my sister who attends LSU comes in every weekend to attend the UL games and visit her big brother.

I think something that each one of us can do is to buy an extra ticket for each home game. Bring a child of a friend or a nephew or a buddy in general to the game that isn't familiar with UL and let them have that same awe inspiring experience that I had at my first UL game. Doing something that simple can make a huge impact on attendance. Not to mention in the future make a larger Alumni base. It's not all about money, we as fans have to do our part too.

I'm planning to be a teacher once I graduate and one of the rewards for my students will be free tickets to UL games. It's an idea and those free tickets for students will result in the parents buying tickets to bring the child to the game. It's a win-win situation.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    I am the first in my family to attend college and regrettably I spent one year at another college before beginning at UL. I had never been a UL fan or even knew much about the university, because looking back, I had been force fed LSU down my throat by peers and media outlets. It was like I didn't know better. My first contact was once I transferred to UL and someone took me to a UL football game. I immediately fell in love with the university, the people, the city, culture, and the athletic program. Everyone is approachable. That's not something that is found at every university. I can walk into the Athletic Offices and talk to the coaches like they are normal everyday people. That is something special and something to be valued. I am so impressed with the direction the program is going and everyday I try to recruit more students to attend UL. Even my sister who attends LSU comes in every weekend to attend the UL games and visit her big brother.

I think something that each one of us can do is to buy an extra ticket for each home game. Bring a child of a friend or a nephew or a buddy in general to the game that isn't familiar with UL and let them have that same awe inspiring experience that I had at my first UL game. Doing something that simple can make a huge impact on attendance. Not to mention in the future make a larger Alumni base. It's not all about money, we as fans have to do our part too.
    WELCOME HOME, MY MAN!!!!

Z.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information