Thread: D-Mo playing baseball?

Default D-Mo playing baseball?

I saw on the 06 Fall Baseball Roster Michael Desormeaux's name.didn't know he was going to be a 2 sport athlete.

Default Re: D-Mo playing baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun111
    I saw on the 06 Fall Baseball Roster Michael Desormeaux's name.didn't know he was going to be a 2 sport athlete.
    As I remember Robe wanted him for baseball and that is one reason he came here. I do not see how he will do both and stay eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by imperial cajun
    I do not see how he will do both and stay eligible.
    Maybe he should just quit if you think he's not up to it. The football team will miss him though.

I would love to see him on the baseball field also.

This coming year should be very special for the baseball program. I fully expect a trip to the Super Regionals, as I am sure do Coach Robe and the rest of the team.

By the way, the Baseball golf tournament last Monday was a huge success. I was fortunate to play in the afternoon round so the weather was great. I heard that it was the largest turnout since the inception of the tournament.

5. UL Baseball Desormeaux juggles sports

Michael Desormeaux's athletic year won't be over when the University of Louisiana's football season ends. He'll just be moving across the street.

Desormeaux, the Cajuns' sophomore backup quarterback and a former multi-sport star at Catholic High-New Iberia, will take a shot at UL dual-sport status when he joins the Cajun baseball team for the 2007 spring season.

"That was something we'd promised him when he signed," said Cajun football coach Rickey Bustle. "He wanted to have the opportunity to play baseball if he chose to do that, and earlier this year he said he wanted to give it a shot."

"I got away from baseball last year," Desormeaux said, "but I kind of started getting the itch again."

UL baseball coach Tony Robichaux said that he and Bustle had talked about Desormeaux's two-sport status during his recruitment, and that they had recently agreed to give the sophomore that shot this spring.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

I read that this morning. Good for him. The sky is the limit. It looks like he'll be able to handle football and baseball. That's great!

I also want to see him playing some more receiver.

Thread Information