Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Flake

1. Default

Athlete (1966-69) Jerry Flake

Last edited by Turbine; March 30th, 2022 at 04:44 am.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default UL retiring Jerry Flake's jersey

mark your calenders, UL will officially retire Jerry Flake's jersey at halftime of the UL vs Houston match up saturday dec 14, tip off 7:05 pm. Jerry the Blade himself will also be on hand, it's up in the air in an autograph table will be setup for fans but should be a great night either way!

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    mark your calenders, UL will officially retire Jerry Flake's jersey at halftime of the UL vs Houston match up saturday dec 14, tip off 7:05 pm. Jerry the Blade himself will also be on hand, it's up in the air in an autograph table will be setup for fans but should be a great night either way!
    I bought Jerry's jersey at the auction a few years ago. Might be a good time to bring it over and get it signed!!

Default Re: UL retiring Jerry Flake's jersey

Remember him well on the BB court. Incredible shooter! Also remember him riding his bike to class all over campus. Well deserved award for Jerry!

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Coach is doing a great job embracing the past however i think after flake its time to make some new memories

What's the status of Lights Out?

I think we'll have two more hanging from this crew after their term in office. They are as good as we've had. They could have played on any of our teams. Yes, I've seen them all since '63. And PE wasn't fun against Garland Williams. Plus he knew Karate!!

things are going great we are having what i hope is the last planning session from 9 am until god knows when where we will throw some noodles at the wall as far as the remaining shot ideas, then do hopefully one two week suicide schedule of shooting the remaining broll, toss it all in the blender and we'll see what it looks like. Getting everyone in the same room is now what takes the longest....i also hate production meetings

9. Default Re: UL retiring Jerry Flake's jersey

"The Blade"

Nice

10. UL Basketball Jerry Flake's number to be retired Saturday

JERRY FLAKE TO BE HONORED: Another number will be raised to the Cajundome rafters during the season when Jerry Flake (1965-69) has his number honored prior to the Houston game on Dec. 14.

Over four decades after completing his career, Flake still ranks fifth in school history with 2,058 career points, averaging 19.2 points a game over the course of his career.

Flake's number 20 will become the fifth retired jersey, joining
    #10 Dwight "Bo" Lamar
    #14 Marvin Winkler,
    #24 Andrew Toney
    #12 Dean Church

11. Ragin' Cajuns Men's Basketball: Cajuns To Retire Jerry Flake Jersey On Dec. 14

Louisiana – Jerry Flake, one of the most decorated players in Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns basketball history, will become the fifth player to have his jersey retired when he will be honored during the Cajuns' Dec. 14 game against Houston in the Cajundome.

12. Default Re: 5-2 Louisiana Plays at LA Tech on Wednesday

Well deserved.

About time.

Default Re: Jerry Flake

Bump Flake.

Default Re: Jerry Flake's number to be retired Saturday

I will be there. After seeing them dismantle Tech, I can't wait to see them against better competition.

Default Re: Jerry Flake's number to be retired Saturday

I'm in! Had the privilege of watching Flake play way back when. Can't wait to see him Saturday night.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information