Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The LOOK at The Swamp

1. Default

As much of student and visitors side of "The Swamp" as I could grab without a panoramic lens.

A unique look at the NorthWest Endzone with the new UL LITE center and UL's Hilton Gardens in the background
    The highest point in the 2 feet below sea level area otherwise known as "The Swamp"

Default Re: The LOOK at The Swamp

Nice Pics Turbine. My Adrenaline is already pumping and it's only 12:15 on Friday afternoon. Looking forward to doing some Tailgating and watching the Cajuns kick some tail on Saturday. I'll see you guys Bright and Early tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    As much of student and visitors side of "The Swamp" as I could grab without a panoramic lens.
    I cannot tell, but did they put the retired jersey's back on the wall. I can tell they painted it black(which I like by the way) but I can't tell if the numbers are back up there. That was something I always looked at from Congress when I pass. You could always see Mitchell's and Jake's from the road.

Let's GEAUX CAJUNS, The old ballfield looks nice.

A unique look at the NorthWest Endzone with the new UL LITE center and UL's Hilton Gardens in the background

Is that a barrier in the endzone to keep the kids from running below the heretofore invisible line?

It looks great!

THANK YOU for posting this, Turbine.

The past ten years or so, I made it my own little personal tradition to walk into the Swamp the day before the first home game, sit at the top of the chairbacks for a moment and take in the beautiful grass, the fresh paint on it, and enjoy the fact that I was going to get to watch the Cajuns at home the next day.

Obviously, I can't do that this year, so it means a lot to me that you posted this.

PS: Does anyone have a close-up shot of what the retired jersey numbers and photos look like? We've just seen mile-away shots so far.

8. Default Re: The LOOK at The Swamp

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    PS: Does anyone have a close-up shot of what the retired jersey numbers and photos look like? We've just seen mile-away shots so far.
    I did not take any close ups, but you can get an idea of the relative size with a glance at the vehicles.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by CDeb
    A FEW of those photos are absolutely brilliant

Looking real sharp!

I did not take any close ups, but you can get an idea of the relative size with a glance at the vehicles.

I understand that the player graphics were going to be covered and unveiled during the game. Looks like someone got it out earlyshame.shame.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The LOOK at The Swamp

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    Looking real sharp!
    We installed them yesterday! They are 8' high and 16' wide. Not shown on Turbines pics is the Ragin Cajun signs that will be in the middle. There are 3 retired numbers on each side of Ragin Cajun's!

Geralds wife Claudia(very nice and funny lady) will be painting the rest of the scoreboard so that it all stays Red and not turn pink. The paint is a special blend with certain aditives that cost $30+dollars a gallon! Super lady!

The newest set of light are going up at the fullsize practice field on the older towers so that both outdoor practice fields will now have their new sprinkler systems and lights!!

The basketball portion on the indoor facility is being pored now and all the signs on the entrance ways are changed with bigger Louisiana Ragin Cajuns and better looking business signs.

The old scoreboard is sold out with new sponsorship and fresh signage!

Revenue generating projects is what Gerald is focused on!!

The WEIGHT ROOM money is almost in hand so that it too can be doubled in size!!! What a recruiting tool this will be!

DaddyCajun!!

DaddyCajun,

Don't forget, the tunnel was pressure washed and repainted over the weekend by Cajun volunteers. (I know, I was there)

Why don't they put a UV inhibitive clear coat over the red paint? It would save a lot of effort in repainting so often.

Quote Originally Posted by helmut
    Why don't they put a UV inhibitive clear coat over the red paint? It would save a lot of effort in repainting so often.
    If you know of something like this, call Gerald!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information