7 13.73%
  • Forget NC A&T and EMU, the real test is Houston

4 7.84%
  • Nothing, we aren't off track to start with

10 19.61%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do the Cajuns need to accomplish to get "back on track"

Default What do the Cajuns need to accomplish to get "back on track"

I am curious as to what everyone thinks the Cajuns need to do before you would consider the team back on track.

Default Re: What do the Cajuns need to accomplish to get "back on track"

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun
    I am curious as to what everyone thinks the Cajuns need to do before you would consider the team back on track.
    I really can't understand the rampant pessimism on these boards lately. Everyone is saying we are horrible because we got blown away by two powerhouse teams. Gee, what did you expect guys? You can't use money games as measuring sticks.

The train is not off the track as a matter of fact we are right on Schedule, NC A&T should be a win and EMU a competitive win at the swamp take momentum into Houston and shock the cougars. I would rather stumble in the next thre weeks than the following weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel
    I really can't understand the rampant pessimism on these boards lately. Everyone is saying we are horrible because we got blown away by two powerhouse teams. Gee, what did you expect guys? You can't use money games as measuring sticks.
    Rebel, I always go back to my observation of "we" Cajun fanswe don't know how to win, e.g. we sould have scored more, we should have had more of a running game, too many penalties that held down the score, and we don't know how to lose, e.g. the play calling was horrible, our defense is weak, the defensive secondary is lousy, fire the coach.

Notice I said "we" because I don't exclude myself from this criticism. I have done it, but do try not to do so.

I would say win this game and then move on to the next one. Always nice to get some wins before conference starts. That is why we will run the score up on Tulame this weekend.

but yall talk about people think that the train is off the tracks. you should see the crap that is still hitting the fan after 1 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel
    The purpose of the poll was not to express pessimism. If it were, I would have left the last option off.

Notice also that I put the phrase "back on track" in quotes, because I'm not sure I believe we are off.

Of course we played a difficult first two games and we really haven't seen what this team is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by kracka75LSU
    I would say win this game and then move on to the next one. Always nice to get some wins before conference starts. That is why we will run the score up on Tulame this weekend.

but yall talk about people think that the train is off the tracks. you should see the crap that is still hitting the fan after 1 loss.
    Kracka, I wouldn't want to be in Tulane's shoes this week.

Kracka, I wouldn't want to be in Tulane's shoes this week.

Not directed at anything hurricane related, but I wouldn't want to be in Tulame's shoes any day. This week will just be worse.

The only necessity for this team to get their momentum back, is to win. That's all. The previous season ended with a lot of bright spots, and without a doubt, University of Louisiana set the bar high for themselves coming into this season. Not downplaying their success, but the wins over ULM, and North Texas and Troy, which aren't necessarily slouches, encompasses totally different environments in comparison to Tiger Stadium, and Kyle Field, home of the "12th man". lol. Yeah, Babb did made some poor decisions and the offense has not got off and rolling with their offenses that had us all waiting and anxious. So, in the first game we got burned deep, and the second game, outmatched in the trenches to say the least, but there were bright spots. Lamar Morgan, Brenton Burkhalter and the rest on that front seven did ok, containing LSU's running game, that has a few decent backs, to say the least, Fenroy did have 12 carries for 52 yds. against LSU, currently the nations BEST overall defense, a 4.3 ypc, Fenroy, Michael Desormeaux,and Deion Wallace, the redshirt freshman, combined for 20 carries and 117 yds and a TD. If the running game continues to improve on these numbers, When Babb and Desormeaux finally manage to get some momentum in the passing game, the points will pile up. The defense will not see anything near Jamarcus Russell's rockets or Matt Flynn's accuracy, and the timing on their blitz packages will really help their overall defense. So look for things to greatly improve.

Interesting question. I think what we need most is to gain confidence so that we can put our best foot forward the rest of the season. If we do that, the New Orleans Bowl is well within our reach.

Please understand that spread option teams like Cajuns that really on speed advantages and at least equal line play will look much worse against major BCS teams than more conventional mid major teams.

Whereas a team like Troy or LA Monroe can compete better against big boys, those two teams may get blown out by Cajuns, as it is a fine line between being able to stop the spread option and getting run over by it.

Cajuns may lose bad against Houston as well, as they are a pretty good team this year, with a likely NFL quarterback.

It really sucks that Cajuns can't play Ohio this weekend as scheduled. It is like there has not been a competitive game yet this year. NCA&T will be about as interesting to watch as Cajuns going against top BCS team.

I was able to watch the houston \ oklahoma state game last night (well, the first half at least) and this is a very talented team. Their tight end has olympic track speed and great hands. Our secondary is going to have a tough time stopping their passing attack, and there's a possibility that houston could light up the cajuns DB's like the tiggers did. This is a well disciplined and effective team. The cajuns have to play their A game to stay in it and it'll take something a little creative to come out of H-town with a "W". This is going to be the first real test for the cajuns this year, and a win against houston will give us huge momentum going into conference play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal
    I was able to watch the houston \ oklahoma state game last night (well, the first half at least) and this is a very talented team. Their tight end has olympic track speed and great hands. Our secondary is going to have a tough time stopping their passing attack, and there's a possibility that houston could light up the cajuns DB's like the tiggers did. This is a well disciplined and effective team. The cajuns have to play their A game to stay in it and it'll take something a little creative to come out of H-town with a "W". This is going to be the first real test for the cajuns this year, and a win against houston will give us huge momentum going into conference play.
    I know comparing scores is rediculous, but Houston beat Tulane 45-7, tulane lost to LSU 49-7, UL lost to LSU 45-3. By sthe scores, Tulane is apprx 30-40 points better than us. I knew this houston team was good before last weekend, and its re-enforced now. Im not expecting a win, but a competitive game would be nice.

Tuffguy

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguy21
    I know comparing scores is rediculous, but Houston beat Tulane 45-7, tulane lost to LSU 49-7, UL lost to LSU 45-3. By sthe scores, Tulane is apprx 30-40 points better than us. I knew this houston team was good before last weekend, and its re-enforced now. Im not expecting a win, but a competitive game would be nice.

Tuffguy
    Not sure where you get that Tulane is 30-40 points better than us. By comparative scores, we both lost to LSU by identical margins (42 points). Therefore, it seems to me that we are, comparatively speaking, even with the Greenies. I do agree that Tulane lost to both LSU and UH by similar scores which raises real concerns for us being competitive against the Cougars. Especially since our greatest overall team weakness is pass defense. Even NC A&T seemed to find holes in our coverage. (Fortunately their receivers had to deal with a slippery ball and couldn't handle several passes, even though they were open.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguy21

Tuffguy
    Your math is elusive and illusive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information