Thread: Fisher, Ramos hope to improve UL offensive line

1. UL Football Fisher, Ramos hope to improve UL offensive line

LAFAYETTE — Chris Fisher came out of nowhere. Junior Ramos arrived this spring from West Los Angeles.

Collectively, the two newest players on the University of Louisiana at Lafayette have alternated at the same position and now are anchored at separate locations, to solidify an offensive line whose quest is to become more physical.

Fisher, a redshirt freshman who came to ULL without a scholarship, and Ramos, a junior college transfer, each played equally at center in the Cajuns’ first two games.

When ULL has its 2006 home opener against North Carolina A&T Saturday afternoon at Cajun Field, the two offensive linemen will play at adjacent spots.

Ramos is scheduled to start at right guard, while Fisher has earned the starting spot at center, ULL offensive line coach Ron Hudson said after Wednesday’s practice.

Moving Ramos to guard also enables the Cajuns to move Tim Falter back to left guard.

Fisher, who started in ULL’s 51-7 Sept. 9 loss at Texas A&M, said his rise from 2005 walk-on to starter has come much quicker than expected.

“This has really come out of nowhere for me. I had no offers in high school, but (ULL) is a place where I always wanted to play,” said Fisher, who played guard at Lafayette’s St. Thomas More High School.

“I was a third team guard in the spring, but over the summer, I put on about 13 pounds and worked hard in the weight room. I think that helped me when the preseason started,” he said.

Ramos was one of the Cajuns’ key junior college signees in February, after playing center for two year at California’s Compton Junior College.

The rest of the story

By BOB ARDOIN
    Special to The Advocate

Default Re: Fisher, Ramos hope to improve UL offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy
    I don't, but does anyone read this man's articles?

Thread Information