• UL and North Carolina A&T and it WILL show on the scoreboard

23 41.82%
  • UL and LSU and the gap was greater than the score showed

13 23.64%
  • UL and LSU but still the gap in talent was LESS than the score showed

11 20.00%
  • The biggest gap was between UL and Texas A&M

4 7.27%

Thread: Will the gap in talent be reflected on the scoreboard Saturday?

1. UL Football Will the gap in talent be reflected on the scoreboard Saturday?

LSU gets top 5 recruiting classes each year . and they beat UL 48-3

North Carolina is D1aa UL is D1

Which game has a larger talent gap?

Default Re: Will the gap in talent be reflected on the scoreboard Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine

45-3 Turbine. Not to pester, I just want our 3 points! (I'm sure it was a typo)

UL Football Re: Will the gap in talent be reflected on the scoreboard Saturday?

we should be head and shoulders above this team. our o-line should totally dominate and our rb's should rush for over 300 yards combined. I think our passing game will look good but we will see limited passing b/c of the big lead we should have. However, i hope that we get to see either hundley or morel at the end of the game.i think if bustle sees good things from hundley or morel he would feel better about putting mike in at receiver. I think our defense is going to make a satement against a much lesser opponent. We need to get our "swagger" back as everyone has been saying. This should also give us another week to get some guys totally healthy if we can get a big lead and have some of our backups get some playing time. I know our starters could use alot of work right now but we have to see what our backups can do also b/c it is a long season and if we expect to win conference we need those guys to be able to step in for relief at anytime. Everyone is down about the first two games but i promise you nobody is more disappointed than the football team. When you work hard all summer and things don't go the way you planned it hurts. I expect the cajuns to bounce back and begin to look like the team we saw at the end of last year.

4. Default Re: Will the gap in talent be reflected on the scoreboard Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun
    We need to get our "swagger" back as everyone has been saying.
    you can bet i will have a "SWAGGER" when i am walking into the stadium on SATURDAY BABY! My game face is on! AYEEEEEEE!

we should be head and shoulders above this team. our o-line should totally dominate and our rb's should rush for over 300 yards combined. I think our passing game will look good but we will see limited passing b/c of the big lead we should have. However, i hope that we get to see either hundley or morel at the end of the game.i think if bustle sees good things from hundley or morel he would feel better about putting mike in at receiver. I think our defense is going to make a satement against a much lesser opponent. We need to get our "swagger" back as everyone has been saying. This should also give us another week to get some guys totally healthy if we can get a big lead and have some of our backups get some playing time. I know our starters could use alot of work right now but we have to see what our backups can do also b/c it is a long season and if we expect to win conference we need those guys to be able to step in for relief at anytime. Everyone is down about the first two games but i promise you nobody is more disappointed than the football team. When you work hard all summer and things don't go the way you planned it hurts. I expect the cajuns to bounce back and begin to look like the team we saw at the end of last year.
    I think that if Bustle is smart, he would pass, pass, pass, and the pass a little more. This is basically a glorified scrimmage, so this could be a chance to trying out young WR's and letting Babb get into a rythem. I would like to see us pass more in this game than we probably will for the rest of the year.

Tuffguy

UL Football Re: Will the gap in talent be reflected on the scoreboard Saturday?

I can't say I have intimate knowledge of their offensive gameplan, but usually a team like this has a gimmick offense If it is the spread read option like UL runs, then the gimmick will fail because too many teams run it already, however, if it is something else, it might give UL some trouble YOu just never know (see Georgia vs. Georgia Southern's Wishbone attack 2004 I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguy21
    This is basically a glorified scrimmage
    I sure hope you are right. No doubt we are the better team. I just hope we arent' looking past this weekend. I would like to see a blow out, but a W no matter how we get it is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguy21
    I think that if Bustle is smart, he would pass, pass, pass, and the pass a little more. This is basically a glorified scrimmage, so this could be a chance to trying out young WR's and letting Babb get into a rythem. I would like to see us pass more in this game than we probably will for the rest of the year.

Tuffguy
    we run the football, it is what we do. we did not win five straight games last yar by pass pass pass. when you run the football your passing opens up because they have to put eight in thebos and that gives your receivers one on one coverage. Example the lsu game, we committed to stopping the run and their receivers destroyed our cb's b/c they had man to man coverage. North Texas did not lose a sunbelt game for almost 4 years and i promise you it was not their passing game tha tgot them there. If we play around and throw the ball the whole game thats how you end up keeping it close with a team you should dominate, A couple 3 and outs and a int could change the whole game. We need to run it right over them, when fenroy gets tired let one of our other 5 rb's run over them, then you will see jerry work his magic. Chery and Smith with man to man coverage with their speed nobody's catching them past the secondary. We need to run run run, control the clock keep our defense off the field as much as possible so they can all get fully healthy.

we run the football, it is what we do. we did not win five straight games last yar by pass pass pass. when you run the football your passing opens up because they have to put eight in thebos and that gives your receivers one on one coverage. Example the lsu game, we committed to stopping the run and their receivers destroyed our cb's b/c they had man to man coverage. North Texas did not lose a sunbelt game for almost 4 years and i promise you it was not their passing game tha tgot them there. If we play around and throw the ball the whole game thats how you end up keeping it close with a team you should dominate, A couple 3 and outs and a int could change the whole game. We need to run it right over them, when fenroy gets tired let one of our other 5 rb's run over them, then you will see jerry work his magic. Chery and Smith with man to man coverage with their speed nobody's catching them past the secondary. We need to run run run, control the clock keep our defense off the field as much as possible so they can all get fully healthy.

I don't disagree with the premise that we should win this game with our running game; and its why I stated that the score might not get out of hand (good running game eats the clock, and new clock rules). But, we still need to develop the passing game some more. I'm not advocating passing more than we run, or even keeping it 60/40; but we need to develop a more balanced attack so that we CAN exploit the "8 in the box" when we see it. I'd like to see us at least go 70/30 and get some confidence int he passing game. Would also like to see one (or both) of the younger QBs get some time.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I agree with a diversification of plays against NC A&T, rather than our base running attack. Start the opening couple of series with low probability for error plays, build some confidence, then open it up. This is a game that we should be able to put in a significant number of pass plays, other than predictable passing downs, and give some guys some touches. Our passing game has to be available in games looking forward.

It is way too early to get cocky, but we should be able to test ourselves and still take care of business. We need some game time practice, and some confidence building on both sides of the ball. This game should provide.

In answer to the gap question. I hope it is reflected on the scoreboard, only for fan excitement and player attitude. I would like to see some success that will breed further success. We have enough game film to bring people down to earth to last several seasons. It is now time to get a taste of victory.

I hope we throw a little of everything into our offense in this game. I hope Fenroy gets 300 yards on 5 carries for 4 TDs, Babb goes 12/14 for 250 and 3 TDs, and then we open up the second quarter with some other players. I said that is what I'd like to see. calm down.

Good post. The run opens up the pass.

I think there will be a significant talent edge for your Cajunsbut I can tell you from an Aggie Perspective, that the talent gap doesn't always show up on the scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine

Good question. When I think of an answer, I look back to last year I think, LSU played Northern Illinois or some 1AA team. I think they were ranked in the top 5 of 1AA. I honestly found that they gave us more trouble than some D1 teams. I would hope that the talent gap is alot different between the lowest D1 to the top of 1AA, but who's to say. Guess you will find out tomorrow. Yall should handle them though. Field looks great. I pulled up there yesterday and it looked nice. Someone needs to fix that entrance gate that someone ran over though. That sucks they had just put those disks up.

Thread Information