Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: These folks will get dining business from me

Default Re: These folks will get dining business from me

He calls himself river ranch man.
    Do you really need to know anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Nothing wrong with rooting for another team. Also nothing wrong with having an establishment with only one teams memorabilia. I may be more likely to give them a try than a place with P&G all over it, but for restaurants it comes down to the food. If it's good it stays, and if it doesn't it's not around long.
    I hope they aren't depending on people staying for the service. I took the misses there tonight & the service STANK. The food was mediocre, but would have been much more tolerable with decent service. This place will not last to the end of the year. Hell, it may not last until the fall. I wish someone would open a UL establishment that understood having great food at decent prices with EXCELLENT service is what makes it in this town. I hate having to state the obvious negative, but it seems as though every restaurant that puts all UL gear in the place acts like they don't have to earn their customer's respect thereby earning their hard earned dollars.

I really really liked Mike Celfo, but his place started going down the hole not too long after he opened it. If you open a service oriented business & treat folks like they ought to be glad you're there to take their money & not make every effort to make them feel welcome, you won't last long. Bye bye Mr. Keets II.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I hope they aren't depending on people staying for the service. I took the misses there tonight & the service STANK. The food was mediocre, but would have been much more tolerable with decent service. This place will not last to the end of the year. Hell, it may not last until the fall. I wish someone would open a UL establishment that understood having great food at decent prices with EXCELLENT service is what makes it in this town. I hate having to state the obvious negative, but it seems as though every restaurant that puts all UL gear in the place acts like they don't have to earn their customer's respect thereby earning their hard earned dollars.

I really really liked Mike Celfo, but his place started going down the hole not too long after he opened it. If you open a service oriented business & treat folks like they ought to be glad you're there to take their money & not make every effort to make them feel welcome, you won't last long. Bye bye Mr. Keets II.
    Wife and I had a not so good experience at a local restaurant recently. I left a few minutes early and the manager came by and asked her how dinner was. She let him know the food was "ok" but the service was poor. He refunded the entire meal. She said that wasn't necessary but he insisted and told her that he knew he could get people back with okay food but not with poor service and explained what had happened that night. I can appreciate a manager who understands that and we will be back for another try.

In regards to Mike. He had no intention of being IN the restaurant business. He planned on being the silent partner and letting others run it. Things feel apart and he ended up in day to day operations. Rouses came along and wanted to buy out the lease and he jumped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post

Ever been to Pete's? Worst service around...been in town longer than I have been breathing and show no sign of stopping. In Lafayette, either you click...or you don't. The one's that don't can have the best service and the best food and have decent prices. It's just the way it works in this town. I remember the year Macaroni Grill won best new restaurant in the Times Survey...and closed the next day. Mr Keets II will make it, only because they are a crawfish power house. But, it does beg the question Kyle...what do you consider EXCELLENT service?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Ever been to Pete's? Worst service around...been in town longer than I have been breathing and show no sign of stopping.
    I'd debate that point. Lost interest in the place years ago and know numerous others that have as well. Maybe they are getting a different clientale. I wouldn't know for certain but I do know that myself and other regulars from years past no longer patronize the establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I'd debate that point. Lost interest in the place years ago and know numerous others that have as well. Maybe they are getting a different clientale. I wouldn't know for certain but I do know that myself and other regulars from years past no longer patronize the establishment.
    Same here...can't remember when the last time it was that I went there. But the place just keeps going.

There's a pretty simple formula to making it as a great restaurant in Lafayette. Either boil great crawfish or get everyone drunk. I mean, do you think lafondas has made it this far on their fried rabbit? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    There's a pretty simple formula to making it as a great restaurant in Lafayette. Either boil great crawfish or get everyone drunk. I mean, do you think lafondas has made it this far on their fried rabbit? Lol
    Very good point...you never hear of how good Lafonda's food is. Hell I can't even remember ever going there.

Very good point...you never hear of how good Lafonda's food is. Hell I can't even remember ever going there.
    I ate at Lafondas once 15 years ago. I swear it was wolf chili out of a can. Terrible. Never been back.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Lafonda's is an enigma. It started in the boom days of the oil patch and just hasn't stopped. The food sucks. It's a watering hole. It's all about getting the drunk on and socializing.

For new restaurants, they had better serve good food and have decent service. They cannot compare themselves to the old established "watering holes".

11. Default Re: These folks will get dining business from me

If a restaurant is pro UL any self respecting Cajuns fan has to be pretty spoiled to openly berate the food or service. Just shut up and be glad you have the opportunity to eat longer with the ones you love.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Eating Alone View Post
    If a restaurant is pro UL any self respecting Cajuns fan has to be pretty spoiled to openly berate the food or service. Just shut up and be glad you have the opportunity to eat longer with the ones you love.
    Are you related to Bozo?

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit but did you guys try Cheddar's yet?

I know it's a big chain and all, but when we went, all of our food was very good and our service was excellent. Wasn't really paying any attention to the decorum of the place though. Thoughts? Do you think the place will last? It's located in what a consider one of the "chain restaurant" locations in Lafayette so they have that going for them.

14. Default Re: These folks will get dining business from me

Eating at Mr. Meets 2 right now.

I'd give a play by play but my wife would think I'm ignoring her

15. Default Re: These folks will get dining business from me

Ok one play, just sat down at table 112.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information