Thread: LSU vs Auburn shows FENROY CAN RUN

1. UL Football LSU vs Auburn shows FENROY CAN RUN

You can use your past opponents to guage future success.

It has been said many times by many people in the past few weeks we won't know how good LSU's rush defense is until they play Auburn. By the same token the Auburn test for LSU will indicate how good UL's rushing offense will be.

Versus LSU Fenroy had 52 yards on 12 carries with only 1 carry coming in the 2nd half. A steller average of 4.3 yards per carry.

Versus LSU Irons (of Auburn) had 68 yards on twice as many carries with most coming in the 2nd half after being totally shut down in the 1st. An average of 2.7 yards per carry. This after Irons was averaging 6.1 yards per carry vs Washington State and Mississippi State.

I don't know if the UL coaching staff will continue to treat the NC game like an NFL preseason game where you with hold back key starters in the second half, but I feel safe in dreaming of when the T-Train is finally allowed to leave the station . . . .

Default Re: T-Train rolls over Irons

Another outstanding post by turbine

Default Re: T-Train rolls over Irons

I do believe that we will soon be watching Kenny Irons play on Sundays.

Anyway, I'm certainly glad to see an LSU loss.

Default Re: T-Train rolls over Irons (out runs :)

I stated on another post, I've rewatched the LSU game several times. Fenroy is the real deal, but he should have carried 20+ times in the first half. Without Babb's mistakes we should have been in that game at halftime.

Don't get me wrong Tiger fans, I'm not saying we should have won, I'm a realist, but I'm very concerned about what our coaching staff is doing with this team. We need to play to our strengths and we're not 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by showdog
    I stated on another post, I've rewatched the LSU game several times. Fenroy is the real deal, but he should have carried 20+ times in the first half. Without Babb's mistakes we should have been in that game at halftime.

Don't get me wrong Tiger fans, I'm not saying we should have won, I'm a realist, but I'm very concerned about what our coaching staff is doing with this team. We need to play to our strengths and we're not 100% of the time.

you people who are still complaining need to apply for the coaching position and we will get rid of coach bustle and his bunch, you guys are just too smart, you know what plays to run, when to run them, and what will be the outcomelets face you're not happy until things go your way can't wait to see you fall flat on you face, oh! if you didn't know you can call his show tonight cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman
    you people who are still complaining need to apply for the coaching position and we will get rid of coach bustle and his bunch, you guys are just too smart, you know what plays to run, when to run them, and what will be the outcomelets face you're not happy until things go your way can't wait to see you fall flat on you face, oh! if you didn't know you can call his show tonight cowards.
    Oldman, I would love just ONE positive post from you. I hate how you sit back and hardly say anything until someone says something that peees you off. And that obviously isn't hard to do.

We are just as big UL fans as you are and even though I don't always agree with some of the constructive criticism (not always negative) of the posts on here (and I may even agree with you sometimes), everyone has the right to express what they think without hearing your rambling, negative reply posts that I have to read more than once to even understand (thought seperation is severly underrated in your case).

So instead of just bashing the poster, why not strike up some interesting and contructive responses that will engage an interesting thread? Like, "I think that the coaching staff did a good job of resting Fenroy and by trying to just get our feet wet against LSU" instead of the rant.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by showdog
    It's easy to figure things out afterwards. Don't pass till they commit to the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldman
    you people who are still complaining need to apply for the coaching position and we will get rid of coach bustle and his bunch, you guys are just too smart, you know what plays to run, when to run them, and what will be the outcome
    If we did what you suggest there would be no fans in the stands, just coaches, then you would really see some bisecting of plays, your idea would make things worse not better.

Thread Information