Thread: UL Football Moving Up the Perception Ladder

1. Default UL Football Moving Up the Perception Ladder

Comments in some of the publications and on the some of the sites reflect the differing opinion, with many questioning a depth-depleted Cajun defense, just as many lauding their power-packed offense and more than one wondering if UL can prove 2011 was not an anomaly.

Default Re: UL Football Moving Up the Perception Ladder

Whether we're picked 120th or 1st, I think countless years of preseason ranking nonsense have taught us not to pay an ounce of attention to any of these polls. Their only use is to fill in the void of the off season.

Default Re: UL Football Moving Up the Perception Ladder

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Whether we're picked 120th or 1st, I think countless years of preseason ranking nonsense have taught us not to pay an ounce of attention to any of these polls. Their only use is to fill in the void of the off season.
    exceed expectations every year. you do that a few years in a row and then ya got something.

4. Default Re: UL Football Moving Up the Perception Ladder

There is one very good reason that a high rank on the perception ladder gives you---Less space to make up in moving to a higher step------It took a while for people to give us ANY respect last year----Now we at least are the team that brought close to 45K to the NO Bowl in which we beat a new BIG EAST team!!!! This year will present a much tougher challenge in that we will not sneak up on ANYBODY----Also the Belt will be much tougher with many teams having very good recruiting years last year!!! I think that UL was one of those good year recruiting to fill special needs-----Well except KOs I guess another year for poor initial field position by the defense!!!! At least the new rule will help some!!!

Thread Information